Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:16 pm

WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Speakers

I'm looking for a pair in Oak.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:31 pm

Re: WANTED Carver Amazing Loudspeakers Platinum Mark IV Speakers

Where you are located is rather important as these speakers do not ship easily or cheaply. Local pickup is always preferable so you should be looking at speakers within driving distance. To have these shiped will require either the original packaging (only ever seen 1 pair with them) or custom wooden crates (about $500 according to most people who have had them made) + several hundred $ in shipping fees depending on how far they have to be shipped.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:07 pm

Welcome jck. Check craigeslist.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

jck

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:07 pm

Thanks for the tip. I'm in SW Florida and am willing to either pickup or ship pending the item condition. I'll search ebay/craigs and see what happens. Any opinions on the AML?
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:27 pm

jck wrote:Thanks for the tip. I'm in SW Florida and am willing to either pickup or ship pending the item condition. I'll search ebay/craigs and see what happens. Any opinions on the AML?

I think there were some for sale a while ago in FL -- might be mistaking them for the ALS III's though.

Anyway, if you find the Amazing Big Boys -- don't hesitate! Buy them, drive to get them, and get lots of power for them -- you won't regret it!
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

jck

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:01 pm

Thanks reese...I am willing to do what is reasonably necessary to own a pair.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Give DaveS a call... I know he is selling his with Brand New Ribons in them.
239-772-9341 He's in Cape Coral REAL close
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

jck

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:27 am

Yes, Dave S sent me a message and I will phone today. Cape Coral is 10 minutes from me! Any thoughts on Maggies and other upper level planars?
<<

jck

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:29 am

BTW--how are they with rock and heavy metal? I listen to classical mainly, but like to "bang my head" from time to time.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:25 am

jck wrote:BTW--how are they with rock and heavy metal? I listen to classical mainly, but like to "bang my head" from time to time.

Just make sure you got the amps to run them, and keep a case of fuses close by :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Reese

TFM-75

Post Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:39 pm

They'll play ANYTHING amazingly!!!! Seriously -- I'm mostly a baroque/classical/opera/piano guy, too, and I'll still get blown away by club music and Latin and anything else played at volume through the Amazings --- (caveat -- WITH the adequate amplifiers to push those ribbons and woofers -- I'm now using Carver Silver 9t's monoblocs (575w @ 8 ohm for starters, lots more at 4 and 2 ohms) -- which were created for the Amazings. Absolutely mind-blowing music and sounds, transients, bass whumps (tight, too) -- can you tell I like 'em?
Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought -- JFK

Sunfire Classic Tube Preamp; 2 Carver Silver 7ts, 2 Silver 9ts; bi-amped ALS (Originals upgraded to Platinum), Rane PE15's eq's and Rane AC22 xcrossover; Carver c-19 tube pre;
Carver 390t CD carousel; Carver 490t CD player; BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer; C-9 SH; Sony ES tuner and DAT deck; Sony CD copier/burner; Sony dual cassette deck; TEAC 2340R 4 ch r to r tape deck; Dual CS5000 tt, Shure V15 Type V-MR cartridge
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:29 pm

Maggies compaired to Amazing Plats are like JBL compaired to Maggies. There is also an excellent set available in the Atlanta area for sale by a forum member.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

Chazzer

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:32 pm

Yes sir......Amazings are much happier with massive amounts of power. I was running my Piano Silvers with a TFM-24 and thought OK this isn't bad. I worked out a deal with a friend on a pair of Hafler P500's. I've bridged them and all I can say is WOW! the sound difference is night and day! I don't push the 800 watts that the amps are capable of simply because I don't want to risk damage to the Silvers or the amps. Comparing the sound at the same levels between the Haflers and the TFM 24 is easy....there is more of everything! :) So the moral of my story is get as much power as you can afford.....you wont regret it.

Chuck
Audious Hordious in Hordious Remission
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:26 pm

You won't regret buying them. I purchased mine in 1991 and have never looked back. Howevder, they will eat amps for lunch. Therefore, make sure you have plenty of juice driving these puppies. Also, make sure you move them out from the sidewalls and rear walls. They need room to breathe. By the way, I am driving mine with a Carver TFM-75, a match truly made in heaven. Good luck on finding audio nirvana!
<<

jck

Post Sun Apr 05, 2009 8:30 am

Any suggestions for amplifies to drive Carvers?
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies