FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:23 am

Wanted=TFM-45

<<

cutlass81

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:31 pm

Wanted=TFM-45

Does anyone want to let go of a TFM-45 amp? I've been looking around at Carver amps(after stumbling across this forum looking for info on the 880 receiver,thanx guys) and I am reallly drawn to this one or maybe even a 35 would do me fine. The 35 seems to be more popular in the TFM series. Or at least that's what it seems like to me, from what I've been reading around the forum. I would also appreciate any input about pros/cons between these two amps.
Thanx guys
Some have called him "The Chosen One", Some have called him "The Messiah"...I prefer "Chocolate Jesus".
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:40 pm

Re: Wanted=TFM-45

Stick around for a little while and you may get your wish. See rules about members selling gear to newbies and when this moniker (newbie) goes away. 35's are a lot more common on ePrey but 45's also pop up with regularity as well. See repair shop posts here for info on where to send a semi-sick ePrey Carver amp and have it re-furbed for $175. I'm being way too helpful tonight....must cut back on the "happy juice" :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:11 am

Cutlass81, there is a perfectly logical reason why the TFM-35 seems more popular than the TFM-45: because it was! The reason is quite simple actually: the TFM-35 was much more affordable than the TFM-45 when new and as everyone knows, the more expensive item in a lineup ususally sells less units than the more affordable ones. Anything half the price of somethign that is very desirable will almost always sell 5 to 10 times as many units as the more expensive one as far more people can afford to buy the less expensive product.

Cars are a good example of this. for a given vehicle available with both 4 and 6 cylinder engines, the 4 cylinder version will usually account for 75 to 80% of the overall sales even though the 6 cylinder one is the one that gets all the advertizing and car test magazine attention. Your local liquor store sells a shitload more $10 bottles of wine than it does $50 ones, etc, etc, etc ....

As far as desirability goes; well that is entirely up to you.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:25 am

From what I've been able to gather, the 45 had a number of quirks and problems that were supposedly addressed and ironed out with the introduction of the 55s, so you may be better off looking for a 55 instead of a 45. I've owned a 35 since it was new in 1993, and think very highly of it and plan to get another someday. If you go for a 55, make sure that the transformer is secure before having it shipped as some have worked loose and destroyed the amps internals!
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:33 am

Here's a great deal on both of those models, if money weren't tight right now the 55 would already be MINE !! :(

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7685
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:36 am

Magnaryder is very well respect and his gear is as stated. Go for it.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:57 pm

Yep! Anyone who can cook like he does is A-OK in my book. And his amps will be solid.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:45 pm

I'm posting this for him, cause he only had 24 posts, and probably can't view that thread.

PM him, GREAT guy, and one hell of a "Kitchen Bitch" !!!
Magnaryder wrote:As those of you that have been to either CarverFest or have done business with me know how I like to keep my gear.

That said... I have the following gear for sale.

for this exercise I'll consider my Lightstars 10s in the used market. No the Lightstars are NOT for sale...sorry

the rating are for cosmetics as all of these pieces function very well. Each piece works great and unlike most fleabay stuff I use each of them almost daily.

1/TFM-55 recently rebuilt by Rita. I'd rate this one 8.5 or 9 (I have the original box and owners manual) $450 firm.

1/TFM-45 previously rebuilt by Rolland this one is an 8. I have $426 in it. I'd like $400

1/C-1 functions great... it's a 9 and currently in my office system. Maybe $300

1/M500t currently in my office system cosmetically a 9 it sounds great. I'd like to see this bring $350

and lastly a C-19(serial #11) that I must send back to Rolland. If someone is interested in it we might work out shipping it directly from Rolland to the new owner. The C-19 is an 8.5 or 9 cosmetically. (I have original box, packaging and owners manual) I'd like $600.

I have found something I'd like to have and should find a new home for this fine gear. I don't paypal so checks are OK but realize they must clear the bank before I'll ship anything. New owner also pays shipping. Everything will be packed appropriately.

Please research these pieces of Carver gear. They are very fine pieces and would be a welcome addition to most home systems. Make your offers accordingly.

Thank you for your consideration.

ray
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks Toymaker, you beat me to it. Deal with Magnaryder with the utmost of confidence. His TFM-55 is cherry. Sonically and physically. ;)

Smokin' price to boot. One just went on Flea-Prey for a little over $600.00 and it wasn't even recently serviced and wasn't completely original.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:57 pm

Yeah Treitz3, I was watching that one as well (even bid on it up to about $360...you never know on ePrey when something might slip through the cracks...it does happen!). That being the case, why are we bending the rules and letting a newbie snatch this one up for $450??? Just kidding; a sale is a sale and we all had 1st crack at it! My OCCD belly is still "digesting" FrankieD's wonderful TFM-42 or I would have been all over this 55 at that price (as it would have fit right in with my system plans if had not already bought the 42 and ditto Max's 55! But I'm still pleased as punch with the "Rollandized" 42.)! And still might if said newbie passes..... The fact that this 55 has been "Ritaized" makes it even more of "catch"! I'd love to hear (in my system) what a 55 sounds like compared to the more tube-like sound of the 42/45...
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:40 pm

#-o #-o #-o Sorry, didn't notice newb's post count when I posted link to sale thread.My Bad !! :lol:
<<

cutlass81

Post Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:02 pm

Thanx to everyone that pointed me in the right direction. Already contacted Magnaryder and I feel confident with doing some business. If business goes well, and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, you know I'll show it off! :D Just for you guys :D
Now, about that newbie thing....well, I guess I could go through a bunch of threads and post a smily on everyone of them to get my numbers up. Just kidding. I could have tho', read alot of 'em!
I appreciate you guys turning me on to such a great deal when you didn't really have to.
Some have called him "The Chosen One", Some have called him "The Messiah"...I prefer "Chocolate Jesus".
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 am

I was just trying to help out... I know Ray is looking to move some stuff kinda quickly, and this guy was looking for the same thing.
Ray had said he was going to post in the newbie section too, but hadn't done it yet any.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:13 am

The smiles only post are usually not newbys. Congrats.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:27 pm

good luck with your quest
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!Sunfire Signature TGA 7401, Pioneer SC-37 Surround Receiver, Sunfire Classic Vacuum Tube Preamp with Phono Stage, Magnepan MG-20's(main) Polk Audio RM 7500's(surround) Polk Audio CSi-a6 (center) Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, Pioneer Elite PD-DJ9 SACD/CD Player, Sony BDPs-350 BLUray player, LG 42lg50 1080p HDTV, Klipsch Synergy SUB-10 powered subwoofer.[/size]
Next

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade for Newbies