Whitey Johnson

Talk about different types of music
BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Whitey Johnson

Post by BobSmi57 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:57 am

Whitey Johnson is a blues singer/guitarist. His band puts on a great show. They play nearly every Tuesday night at the Bourbon Street Blues Bar in Nashville. We stopped in there on our way down to CF2014. Some of their music is on YouTube.

Bob

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Whitey Johnson

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:51 am

Glad you had the chance to catch some live music Bob. Any live music is fun!

Here's a couple video's...

A single song...
http://whiteyjohnsonmusic.com/video2.html

And a full 1 hour concert appearance...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqbDdiKOgM0

14 and a half minutes in, is a live version of the same clip above.

Wouldn't it be fun to have someone like this appear at the new Amphitheatre at CF? Wonder if he'd trade a live performance for a night at CF, a kabob from Eddie and a chance to meet Shortcake? Maybe he'd write a new song about food and purty woman....and great music!

Mark

PS...I love the playin' on the song "Blues in Black N White" about 23 minutes in. Gotta catch more of this concert video when I can.
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:27 pm

I am a big fan of BLUES tunes. It baffles me why more are not.
I hate to say it, as I live so close, but I have never spent time in Nashville or Knoxville. I could waste a month there. I have no local BLUES friends. Maybe some of us could plan a group Blues weekend?

I have been to Beale Street in Memphis a few times. It is good fun. I would prefer a meet in Tennessee.

Live Blues in my area is kinda like BlueGrass, it can be found - on occasion.
What is harder to find is people who like this type music. All claim they do, but they don't. That is OK. Going alone is less fun.

One real thing is crime in the city now. Going to places requires a plan if I am involved.

aNyOnE up for a road trip?

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Boy...a trip to see live music would be fun!

Not much like that here that I know about. I'm not at all familiar with what you can find in Nashville either. Never done Memphis other than a daytime trip through there many years ago.

We let life go too fast and don't take nearly enough time to go and seek out enjoyable events.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:44 pm

Whitey Johnson only plays on Tuesday night, but there are blues singers there every night at the Bourbon Street Blues Bar and also at B.B.Kings about two blocks away. It is quite a drive from where I live. I usually only make it down there on my vacation, but when I go to Nashville, I pass by the country bars, and go to these blues clubs.

Bob

P.S. I bet Whitey could write a great song about Shortcake. He wrote a song that Buddy Guy performed that won a Grammy.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:15 pm

There is a lot of fun going on in Tenneessee.posting.php?mode=reply&f=128&t=18863#

I like Memphis, been there some and of course always head to the BB King bar. I have been there a few times but BB has never been there. I have seen him in Charlotte.

Once in Memphis a friend I was visiting took me to "The Phantom of the Opera".
I have seen a lot of live crap as I used to work security for concerts in Charlotte, but...
... The Phantom blew my mind. I expected to be bored and just went to be friendly. It shook up all I knew about tunes.

Return to “Tunes / Music”