2014 Carversite reference disc.

Talk about different types of music
Daddyjt

2014 Carversite reference disc.

Post by Daddyjt » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:31 pm

Hey all -

While not nearly as impressive an olive branch as James' inclusion of the other forum in the speaker build, I am running this on Carversite, and thought I would include members here.

Here is the thread at Carversite, detailing the disc, and what's on it.

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforu ... ts&t=16320

If you are interested in receiving a copy, just message me your address, and I'll get one out to you!

Mark
Too much to keep track of...

Currently enjoying Legacy Focus 20/20, driven by McCormak DNA 225, BillD C1, Oppo 105 FLAC

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Re: 2014 Carversite reference disc.

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:35 pm

Awesome !!!!!!

Hell, I'll make it even easier on you if you'd like...
Send me a copy and I'll host it on the server. Everyone can just download it and burn it to disk.
No time and effort on your part for those who know how to burn CD's

Please send my copy to:

Radical Routing
2861 work drive #10
Fort Myers, FL 33916

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:01 pm

=D> Outstanding offer Mark!! =D>
=D> And another outstanding offer from James to host this instead of making and mailing CD's. =D>
Y'all Rock!! \:D/
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:37 pm

Very cool Mark, and thank you.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:27 am

Any sign of this yet? Look forward to finding out what's on it!

Thanks for the efforts on it!

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Good deal, I am a member and soon will sign in to see as to all this.

My thinking is that anyone (especially me) can make a reference disk. Who (no one) could do it better than me as I own ~ and I read a lot. I have good gear. I could do it better, but why? Mark is already working there, and I am busy. Actually, I have mailed out a few tests and will have a new one on line soon. The feed back from guys who understand and love audio is well worth the effort.

I don't think there can be one reference disk. More is better so why call 'one' the reference?

Many places these days you can download 'fun' tests for your system. They can put it through the paces. If you have tronic gear to test, all will be revealed as to your system. One that sets up my sub almost destroys my porch (I play tunes outside). You need ear plugs to survive.

I just buy what my ears like, as my ears and brain consider all else as snake oil. Kingman is right about this. Never buy gear because another says it is best.

In this area of CD reference , we have an actual expert as to recording ~ Mark.
The guy loves tunes and is a recording professional.
I have met Mark and he is selling zero, just sharing his knowledge.

In the last few years Mark has taken the time to make a CD to test your system and yourself. Each year it is better.
It is true that Mark is not a fan of records, but he has many 24 bit tunes that are above normal. I find it fun that much of his best crap is recorded 24bit from LPs by his many friends.
Mark's tastes are impeccable (similar to mine).

When one shows up to appraise my audio crap system, I start them with a "Mark" CD and then try to slide them to 'Sarah or 'Albert' on LP. Few understand good gear or good recordings. Educating them is fun.

Doubt I could do better than Mark does on this yearly endeavor. Maybe you could, but why bother as Mark is the man.
Looking forward to the next installment. Once a yer is not enough.

I understand the idea of a "reference" to test good gear. I have good gear and the ability to upgrade.

One goal is to get Mark in my RedNeck bar for a few hours.

..as a fun side note, look into "Dave's True Story". Mark shared that with me, and while it may not test your system, it may test "you" as a guy who appreciates tunes, not just getting high on lyrics, but tunes/music.

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Thanks for all the compliments Bill. I do enjoy music. Music is a special gift!

Oh...I do vinyl too! As good as the quality of the best digital can be, analog is still king.

Mark

Daddyjt

Post by Daddyjt » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:44 am

OconeeOrange wrote:Good deal, I am a member and soon will sign in to see as to all this.

My thinking is that anyone (especially me) can make a reference disk. Who (no one) could do it better than me as I own ~ and I read a lot. I have good gear. I could do it better, but why? Mark is already working there, and I am busy. Actually, I have mailed out a few tests and will have a new one on line soon. The feed back from guys who understand and love audio is well worth the effort.

I don't think there can be one reference disk. More is better so why call 'one' the reference?

Many places these days you can download 'fun' tests for your system. They can put it through the paces. If you have tronic gear to test, all will be revealed as to your system. One that sets up my sub almost destroys my porch (I play tunes outside). You need ear plugs to survive.

I just buy what my ears like, as my ears and brain consider all else as snake oil. Kingman is right about this. Never buy gear because another says it is best.

In this area of CD reference , we have an actual expert as to recording ~ Mark.
The guy loves tunes and is a recording professional.
I have met Mark and he is selling zero, just sharing his knowledge.

In the last few years Mark has taken the time to make a CD to test your system and yourself. Each year it is better.
It is true that Mark is not a fan of records, but he has many 24 bit tunes that are above normal. I find it fun that much of his best crap is recorded 24bit from LPs by his many friends.
Mark's tastes are impeccable (similar to mine).

When one shows up to appraise my audio crap system, I start them with a "Mark" CD and then try to slide them to 'Sarah or 'Albert' on LP. Few understand good gear or good recordings. Educating them is fun.

Doubt I could do better than Mark does on this yearly endeavor. Maybe you could, but why bother as Mark is the man.
Looking forward to the next installment. Once a yer is not enough.

I understand the idea of a "reference" to test good gear. I have good gear and the ability to upgrade.

One goal is to get Mark in my RedNeck bar for a few hours.

..as a fun side note, look into "Dave's True Story". Mark shared that with me, and while it may not test your system, it may test "you" as a guy who appreciates tunes, not just getting high on lyrics, but tunes/music.
I certainly wasn't trying to step on toes over here - This was just a fun (yes, FUN) project I threw together over at CS, and thought to include members here. I am not, nor have I ever claimed to be, a recording "professional". As for music tastes, the disc I created is a COMPILATION of what the members at CS like to use to demo gear. It is not one person's OPINION of what you should be using, but the opinions of a wide swath of individuals that appreciate music.

I had two (2) members here express interest, and their discs are going out today. I hope they enjoy them.

I do have one thing in common with the Mark here - I am selling ZERO. I fronted all costs, and provided them free to all members that were intersted, regardless of tenure on the site - including the two here, fifty three (53) total sets.

Mark

Currently enjoying Legacy Focus 20/20, driven by McCormak DNA 225, BillD C1, Oppo 105 FLAC

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am

No issues Mark! My toes are fine. O:) I look forward to hearing a copy when it's posted.

I really like the idea of grabbing everybody's fav's and putting them on a disc. Excellent concept.

Thanks for doing it!

Mark

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:40 pm

I'd love to hear it!!

ray

there seems to have been alot of thought put into this project. can't wait to hear it
Last edited by Magnaryder on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Daddyjt

Post by Daddyjt » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:14 pm

For those that I am sending a disc to, here is a link to the notes that the members submitted with their selections. This is what they said they listen for in the specific recording...

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforu ... ts&t=17766

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Magnaryder wrote:I'd love to hear it!!

ray

there seems to have been alot of thought put into this project. can't wait to hear it
BUMP!!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:28 pm

yeah! 8-[ 2 months? :rolleyes: :)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:44 pm

Daddyjt wrote:For those that I am sending a disc to, here is a link to the notes that the members submitted with their selections. This is what they said they listen for in the specific recording...

http://thecarversite.com/yetanotherforu ... ts&t=17766
I got a copy of the CarverSite disc a while back from Daddyjt. There is some great stuff on it that I both hadnt heard and are really cool. I especially dig the opening of the theme from TVs BattleStar Galactica. I'm a huge fan of both iterations of the show. There were also cut on it I've heard at various 'Fests and on Markie's CF discs. I've downloaded it to my office rig.

Really good listening!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:01 pm

Well ray share it Buddy!
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Return to “Tunes / Music”