Queen

Talk about different types of music
radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Queen

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:54 pm

When I was about a Sophmore in High School, I started working in the school photography lab. It was a very big room with multiple sinks and coulda worked with about a group of 20 easy enough. But that year had one hold over from the previous year. And then my Junior and Senior years I was the only one. I was the sole photog for the school newspaper and yearbook staffs. I was big time into both the photography and the darkroom scene. I spent untold hours there...two hours during the day for sure most of the time. And I was back evenings and weekends a lot too as somehow they gave me keys to the whole building. I was at that time in the mind that I was going to go into that for a career.

Anyway...the year first year we had a guy from the previous year who had left behind music. Yup....in the 8-track player was Queen, A Night At The Opera. What a great and music journey that recording was for my young ears.

Well, over the next two years I was there, that dude got played SO MUCH! I did bring in some other of course, but it was a main stay for the hours in the dark, printing photo's. Surely, I musta about worn that thing out! So I listened to it so much, I wore out on it, completely. I did enjoy some other Queen and the big single from that album, Bohemian Rhapsody was still ok. But I left that specific album behind for over 3 and a half decades now.

So guess my worn out has expired. I saw it the other day and I've picked it up on Blu-Ray Audio. It came in today and the end of a long day it was a reward for! It's been long enough some of it was almost fresh again and just plain fun! Those boys coulda put on a show! I always liked their sense of dynamics, stop and go and the ability to suddenly just let it rip.

I may have to explore some more older like this. And I'd say some others might enjoy this one enough to bring it to CF this year! 8)

Mark

PS...and I'm pretty impressed with the Blu-Ray fidelity too. I think it really lets the original material through.

PPS...$15 brand new on Amazon. Gotta have a Blu-Ray player though.
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Queen

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:35 pm

Thanks Mark, you always impress me with your taste in music. Now ya gotta wonder what else is available on BluRay?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:33 pm

well, damn. I saw the title and thought you were calling me, Melody or Janice, or one of the other Queens on the forum.

Be more specific next time, will ya!
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:39 pm

it didnt say Cheese Queen did it? :lol: :lol:
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:30 pm

frenchguy wrote:it didnt say Cheese Queen did it? :lol: :lol:

Didn't have to. You say Queen and my first thought is "How can I help you?"

Although, Queen was the second concert I went to and loved it!
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:00 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Thanks Mark, you always impress me with your taste in music. Now ya gotta wonder what else is available on BluRay?

ray
Thanks Ray! I appreciate it. But....

I can say with great assurity....that come about September 12th this fall, your trust and belief may be greatly shaken. To the core!

I have little doubt that I'll see your chin reside, for an extended stay on your chest.....and....you'll probably have to gasp..."I never knew!"

Don't miss Carverfest 2015! It's gonna be a BLAST!! It's too bad its so far away yet!

Mark

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:24 pm

radioeng2 wrote:
Thanks Ray! I appreciate it. But....

I can say with great assurity....that come about September 12th this fall, your trust and belief may be greatly shaken. To the core!

I have little doubt that I'll see your chin reside, for an extended stay on your chest.....and....you'll probably have to gasp..."I never knew!

Mark
Hence the QUEEN remark?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 am

The way you add things up, I suspect your wife doesn't let you carry the checkbook Ray!

CF15 is gonna be a fun one. Excitement looking forward to it has helped to keep my sanity during this merger process at work. Glad the actual D-day is this week so at least the build up is over and we can get to the real change.

It's gonna be fun to see how really old some folks are...or how young!

Mark

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:14 pm

radioeng2 wrote:The way you add things up, I suspect your wife doesn't let you carry the checkbook Ray! Mark
Markie, I can add. I just don't have any impulse control. Wait until you see my new hifi PC! You'll understand the lack of impulse control thing.

ray
Magnaryder

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:44 pm

Ray, I sat and listened for the last couple hours...just giggling like a school girl all the way through. I don't know how to wait until September for this fun! But I'm gonna!

It's really gonna be a great fest!! Like no other.....

Mark

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:49 pm

is 'Weird Al' involved?

ray
Magnaryder

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:07 pm

You ain't talking about me are you? :lol:
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:56 pm

I meant the other 'Weird Al'....Al. :lol:

ray
Magnaryder

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:04 am

frenchguy wrote:You ain't talking about me are you? :lol:

Glad to see I wasn't the only one confused, LOL.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:46 am

Mark, you seem to be pumped about the upcoming CarverFest. Anyone heard from Mike? He's been silent of late. I wonder if he'll be allowed to attend this year?

ray
Magnaryder

Return to “Tunes / Music”