FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 9:47 am

Custom amp created by Bob Carver (AND I SHIT ON IT)

<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 am

Re: Custom amp created by Bob Carver

Bob finally answered my email this morning. He titled his email "Ungrateful wretch". I don't hear him offering any solutions or even admitting he made mistakes. But, you be the judge. The smaller text is his email to me and the larger text is my response to him today.

One, I said the cost would be about two grand.

No, you NEVER mentioned 2 grand. You first said $1100 max and then you said $1500. Please prove to me where you said $2000. All our discussions were via email so I'm sure you can recall that email.

Two, I designed and built a one-of-a-kind amp just for you and your speakers, and designed it to fit into your Stealth box. It's worth about ten thousand dollars.

Yes, that is what I hired you to do. However, you didn't paint the transformers properly and there's no LED defeat switch like we discussed.

Three, the output transformers are among the best and most expensive in the world. I was an idiot to put them into your amp - they are clearly wasted on you; go get them painted yourself.

Again, you fail to even admit there is a problem. It's not the trasformers themselves... it's the paint on them.

Four, the light goes off when the amp is turned off.

That's almost funny Bob. You knew that I don't like to have glaring lights on my equipment. You agreed to put a simple switch on the amp so I could shut off the LEDs if I chose to. You didn't even bother doing that and you charged me double the agreed upon price for my amp. Why?

Five, the lifetime warranty remains good; I will always honor it. Have a third party send it in if needed.

You never even said thanks for sending you the $370 for the shipping AFTER I found out how badly you cobbed this amp. I could have not sent that money to you but I did the right thing. You should do the right thing too and admit you made mistakes and offer a solution to make a customer happy.

Don't EVER contact me again!

Yeah ok

Bob Carver
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:14 pm

d0n- you have now had 2 upstanding members of this forum offer to help you out at NO FREAKIN COST TO YOU!!!- but you would rather keep beating a dead horse----WTF???
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:17 pm

Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm

While I appreciate the offers of help from members, I can't have the transformers repainted due to the signature. If they get repainted, the signature is gone. You all know he's NEVER going to resign my transformer. [-o<

This is not a dead horse. Bob hasn't even admitted to a mistake yet?! ](*,)

I could call it a dead horse if he'd admitted a mistake, apologized and maybe even refunded some of the money I paid. But, he's done none of that. He's done the exact opposite actually. Hell, his email title to me was "ungrateful wretch".

I'm supposed to be grateful for him charging me twice what we agreed on, not installing the LED defeat switch that we agreed on and painting the transformers with a dirty mop?

If Bob did the right thing from the beginning, I'd not even be here right now. All he had to do was say "SORRY".
Last edited by d0n on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:17 pm

A few folks from the other forum offered to help, too. All offers have gone untaken.....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:19 pm

TNRabbit wrote:A few folks from the other forum offered to help, too. All offers have gone untaken.....

Again, I can't repaint the transformers due to the signature.

That signature makes up probably 1/2 the amps value.

In 20-30 years when Bob & I are long gone, my heirs will appreciate the fact that I didn't repaint the transformers... as they are sell my posessions on ebay. :-({|=
Last edited by d0n on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:21 pm

What part of:

SHUT THE FUCK UP !!

did you not understand ?
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:28 pm

frankieD wrote:What part of:

SHUT THE FUCK UP !!

did you not understand ?

Frank I'm not going to get into an internet arguement with you. That's childish.

This situation doesn't concern you. I suggest that you NOT keep opening this topic and NOT keep replying if it makes you that upset.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 pm

At this point I believe the best course of action is for forum members to just ignore this thread. I don't see anything positive or constructive by the continuation of keeping this at the top of the forums. My two cents.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:39 pm

Let me get this straight.........you want to retain the signature of the person that you've gone to great lengths in trashing here ?? You seriously need help. If I could afford it, I'd buy that monstrosity from you and then, have a concrete truck roll over top of it. As has been suggested previously..........STF Up, you've gotten your well deserved reply from Bob . Maybe you should forget about audio altogether....... and seek a career as a DIPLOMAT ! :rolleyes:
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:56 pm

I haven't trashed Bob here. He's done that himself with the design and building of this amp.

Here's yet another "WTF where they thinking" moment...
If one wants to check the idle current as mentioned in the owners manual, one has to use a mirror. ](*,) Bob said he designed this one of a kind amp to specficially fit in this Genesis chassis and I should be grateful. :shock:

You just have to laugh (or you'd cry) at the designers placement of the idle current meter... where it can't be read without a mirror.

<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:01 pm

Silk purse/sow's ear :lol:
<<

d0n

"Will Suck U 4 Amp"
"Will Suck U 4 Amp"

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I hear ya ... I had a silk purse... now I've got a sows ear. :lol:
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:28 pm

Now all's you need to do is, tell that to Judge Judy. 8)
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:33 pm

While I appreciate the offers of help from members, I can't have the transformers repainted due to the signature. If they get repainted, the signature is gone. You all know he's NEVER going to resign my transformer.

The top cover of the Genesis chassis is signed by him, so just get the transformer covers repainted, the signature isn't going to add a penny of worth to the amp anyway.

My previous comments stand, but I have to agree at this point, you're not going to get any resolve from Bob Carver, so time to take care of the issues yourself.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
PreviousNext

Return to Fight Club