FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:11 am

Mike - please respond

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 27, 2013 8:37 pm

Mike - please respond

Many months back I reached a deal with Mike to build my Carver amps. This happened on the Thursday I arrived at CarverFest 2011. I gave him $1000 in 20 dollar bills that I did not print myself, but worked for. My sole income these days is SS.

Over the last months I have encouraged him to take his time, add in any updates or discoveries that he came across and bill me. No need for per-approval, just have fun and do your best. I was 100% sincere and have many emails to back that up. At no time have I put pressure on Mike, just encouragement and an open check book. I am sure he will agree. At no time did I press him, at no time did I ever not offer to pay more for his labor as we learned these require more effort than we all thought at CarverFest 2011. There are many emails available to support this.
Make no mistake, the issue was never $$. (or was it?) I have not been on his back, sent maybe 5 emails sent since 2011.

As I understand Mike built on the amps and I suspect his work is excellent. He posted photos:

Through 3rd party, apparently Mike has long work days and has been in depression. If any one knows how hard long work days hit you, it is me. It is me! In my day it was a plus as it meant more money for my family. Depression is real. I have been there big time. I guess we all have bouts of that. Mike is a Marine and so WTF? Life is hard, then you die. All reading this (Marine or not) give an opinion.

Bottom line:
I gave MIKE my CarverFest Amps and $1000 on his agreement to build them for me.
Many times and again this week offered to pay him whatever he thinks as fair.

Mike will not respond to my emails, PMs etc.
All I can surmise is WTF?

My guess now is --->

I paid a bundle to Toy/Bob for these kits.

I had to go to war (and pay more) with Alex to get the transformers I already paid for (thanks Angelo for making that right)

These might now be the most expensive amps one never heard.

No big deal. I live on my SS check and it arrives every month. I eat good, and my house is paid for. My truck is from 1995 and limits my travel radius, but I am a hermit so again - WTF? I am doing better than anyone I know.

As much as I hate to admit it, .... it looks like I have been played. As an old detective, that really hurts as my job was to understand people.

Mike puts himself up as an ex-Marine. I am an Army vet, my friends from those years have my complete trust as did Mike. I keep asking myself - WTF? What the fuck did I do wrong here? Makes me want Mike to post his discharge papers to see if he is real.

There are always two sides to a coin. This post is mine.
Mike post your side.
I encourage all to email, PM, call, or WTF to get Mike to tell me or you as to any area where I fell short. Anything, anything.

As a man, can't buy into the "been in depression". That is a normal state for most of us. Also, the two week trip to CarverFest 2012 makes one wonder. How many here had a two week vacation last year and have booked one this year thousands of miles from the west coast for the incredible NC mountains? I guess it is possible, but for one, could never do that, enjoy it, and know things I committed to with a hand shake were just me fucking around.
I am not that guy.

My guess is that me as the owner of tube amps is now shot to shit with this post.

I stand before you all today - fucked.
I am out a lot of money. I will survive.
My word is good. I still own that. Without that - what am I?

Just put up an early offer on the tube amps Toy has for sale and will be going higher.

I guess the point of this post is to ask you to ask Mike WTF?

Email, PM, even ask Mike this year when he arrives at CarverFest 2013 to explain.
I live an hour away and will show up to ask the Marine - WTF?

My last message to MIKE (no answer) was:

Any word on the amps.

I think I have done my part. I have not rushed you. I have offered at every step more money,

As agreed, gave you $1000 in $20 bills on day one and have offered to send more.

I saw you as a solid guy. WTF?

Tell me what I did wrong and what to do next.

Bill

The real point of this post is of course to see who hides safely in the shadows and who is member/man enough to step up and question.

How many of you consider yourselves senior members? How many can look aside when there is WTF afoot? This poll might be worth the money I have apparently lost.
ID your self if you are a real member wanting this forum to stand for more. Investigate, then reply.

Just having fun. Life has taught me there are few real men in it. I thought Mike was one. I don't see many here having the balls to question Mike.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon May 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Re: Mike - please respond

I sent Mike a pm several weeks ago about contacting Rita.... no answer. I have no other idea how to contact him. Maybe Jesse knows.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon May 27, 2013 9:06 pm

This is not good. I hope somebody can resolve this.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 27, 2013 9:29 pm

Snoop65 wrote:This is not good. I hope somebody can resolve this.

That's it !!!

Your responsibility here to fellow members is to put up a "feel good post?" Good fun.

Love you snoop, know you are a liberal, but most liberals I know take a stand.

Any real men out there wiling to call me or Mike assholes? Don't post like snoop.
Don't be that guy.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon May 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Calling names won't solve this Bill. I did pm Mike awhile back on your behalf. No answer. We need people who are closer to him to step up.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 27, 2013 9:46 pm

Snoop65 wrote:Calling names won't solve this Bill. I did pm Mike awhile back on your behalf. No answer. We need people who are closer to him to step up.

Sorry friend of mine.
You may be right, calling Mike out is the job of --- others, not you.
All I ask was to investigate.

I might be full of shit in this.
Lets let others (who are they if not you?) look into this,
<<

TNRabbit

Post Mon May 27, 2013 10:22 pm

First of all, Mike responded to an email Bill asked me to send to him; it basically said this is your last chance befire I put it out on the forum since this has been going on for over a year & a half. Mike stated he was working 14 hours a day, 6 days a week, & was dealing with depression. I told him that a response was GOOD as no one had seen one in months, and I shared that I, too, had gone through a lot in the past couple of years, including being diagnosed with chronic clinical depression & spending a week in the hospital after a suicide attempt & another 3 weeks in rehab. So, BELIEVE ME, I understand depression!

That said, there comes a time when you have to shit or get off the pot. $$$ have exchanged hands & promises were made. Hell, Jessie might be willing to help out in this....at least give him a shout. To sit around for this long is just unacceptable, depression or not. WTF, Mike?

FYI, Bill; depression is REAL. It's no only about feeling sad....it's about being unable to look at yourself in the mirror, feeling worthless & unworthy to live, not being able to will yourself to do things. It needs to be TREATED. You can't just "get tough" & stick it out.... that's a recipe for disaster (believe me).....you usually can't get out without help.
Last edited by TNRabbit on Tue May 28, 2013 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 27, 2013 10:25 pm

as I said to gary in my email.....
depression can be a bitch, its made me turn into a real asshole, (even the cops around here tell me this.)
it all I can do to make it thru a day, I know whats broke, but cant fix it, and I wont do meds again.....
for ya to say that I am hiding behind depression is not true.
I can tell ya this, try livin with your self, knowing full well your actions led up too, and helped cause the death of your kid......
( she should have been with me on the day she died)
every day I wish I could trade places with her so she could be here.......
the only reason I'm still on this fuckin rotten planet is that I have another daughter.

now as to your amps,
as I said they are done. I would just like to see them on an oscilloscope to make sure, by sound they seam okay.
if this is okay with you I can send them on there way.

for the other guys that have pm'ed me,
sorry,.... the above may answer to this.

I guess we need drama as there has not been any for a while.....think about it????
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 27, 2013 10:33 pm

Lost my boy.
I carried him to the door of the operating room and sat with him later for days as he slowly died. We both died then.

I have never been the same, just a shell.
Never used him for things wrong in my life as he never contributed to that in any way.
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Mon May 27, 2013 10:39 pm

I will not even get into this sort of conversation, did ya read what I wrote?

send me your address
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:00 pm

Samo Bill, you just don't know when to shut the fuck up, do you....

Seems to me karma just doesn't want you to have these amps, can't imagine why.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon May 27, 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks Toy,
You just cleared it all up for many.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue May 28, 2013 3:37 am

Any time. Just let me know when the voices come back again. I'll try to help.
In the meantime, I'll see what I can do about scoring you a few extra Zyprexa for your stash.
Quit being such a fucking duchebag Bill

Mike and the build, I can not answer for..... If my kid died, I doubt I'd give a shit about much either... Luckily, I haven't suffered anything that massive, and it makes my depression issues look like a joke in comparison. (Prozac and Visteril) seem to work quite well for me Mike... I try to only take them when I feel I need them.
Good luck man, I know how impossible depression makes even the simplest shit.
Besides, I'm still waiting for that slumber-party you promised me s-w-e-e-t cheeks.

And speaking of WTF....
Why the fuck did you bother posing any of this if you already got a reply from Mike via Gary...
Just another gauche baggy move? I'll let you be the judges.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue May 28, 2013 4:05 am

Got a reply from Mike about a week ago; then I sent another email asking for forward movement....which he never responded to....AGAIN.

This is after months of trying to get a response OF ANY KIND. I don't really blame Bill as this has gone on THROUGH one CarverFest with another approaching. It's been 20 months for fucksake!

Not trying to be a dick, Mike. I know your situation sux donkey balls, but shit, man.....it's been too long.
Last edited by TNRabbit on Tue May 28, 2013 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Tue May 28, 2013 4:44 am

Praying for you Mike and Gary. Depression is down hill with very little light on the uphill. Seriously praying.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
Next

Return to Fight Club