No redemption on the Carversite

The 1st rule of Fight Club is... you don't talk about Fight Club !
Robert R
TFM-75

Re: No redemption on the Carversite

Post by Robert R » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:19 pm

Now watch as his worshipful minions accuse you of calling Rich a murderer...
RR

jvandyke_texas
TFM-6cb

Post by jvandyke_texas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:28 pm

Robert R, thanks for the info.

The nice thing about having individual countries, not One World Government, is when the place you're in goes bad, you can vote with your feet.
I suggest enjoying hanging out on Carveraudio for while. I don't think it has a gulag.
It's a nice spot.

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:38 pm

nooshinjohn wrote: Yep, takes a real fucking genius to take somebody else's work and make a few mods. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
BillD was quite certainly a genius and the C-1 mod he did was downright brilliant.

AND.... He did it so poor audio fans could take a cheap component an have a great sound if they put in a bit of time.

AND.... I believe that Rich worked with him on it.

I think everyone has the message.

You think Rich is a piece of shit.

Have you vented enough yet?

For fuck's sake it's getting old.

I love you guys, but you're whining like a bunch of fucking premenstrual women.

If you're so fucking hurt by getting booted, go make nice with Rich and go back in.

Hell, half of you never post UNLESS it's to bitch about Rich.

Jesus

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:41 pm

I think this subject has been beaten to shit.

Rich can do whatever he wants....and so can all the members of both Forums.

Enough has been said... do what you like !!!!

Two good things that have come out of this is Tom (Treitz) and J Van Dyke are posting.

Welcome back guys !!

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Martin1970 wrote:
nooshinjohn wrote: Yep, takes a real fucking genius to take somebody else's work and make a few mods. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You think Rich is a piece of shit.
We KNOW Rich is a piece of shit!

If you're so fucking hurt by getting booted, go make nice with Rich and go back in.

No fucking way in hell

Hell, half of you never post UNLESS it's to bitch about Rich.

Jesus

bob p
SILVER-7t

Post by bob p » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:46 pm

jvandyke_texas wrote:Well, that raises a good point.
If you don't approve of the new policies on Carversite, which is a free service you can choose to use or not use,
you can weight your complaints with a $20 donation. Nothing in this world is truly "free", and you can't really expect to
enforce your will on how you think things should be or what others should do.
Hey Jim, did you slip on an oil spill while you were changing the oil in that Corvette this morning? That $20 comment makes it sound like you slipped and struck your head on the pavement -- you just recommended that if someone doesn't like the way that Carversite works, they should send RichP a $20 donation along with a complaint about the way he's running things.

Think about it. That's not such a good idea.

Operant conditioning tells us that if you send somebody a $20 bill after he exhibits a particularly undesirable behavior, the net result is that you have rewarded the recent behavior, and that you should expect to see more of the same behavior in the future. It's just like petting your dog and giving him a biscuit after he bites at the mailman. Do that, and the dog realizes that you've just paid him to bite the mailman. You've given him attention and yummy treats, and you can only expect that he'll repeat the behavior in ancipation of more attention and yummy treats. Rewarding undesirable behavior is a really bad idea. Rewards only increases the likelihood that the behavior is going to recur. Instead of paying someone $20 after he starts making bad decisions, you should not send him any money.

By sending him $20 you are rewarding his most recent behavior. When you do that you can only expect to experience more of the same in the future. If you want to extinguish undesirable behavior, then what you want to do is to stop rewarding undesirable behavior. You certainly don't want to reward undesirable behavior with a $20 bill. What you really want to do is to remove all rewards, so that the undesirable behavior is not reinforced. When their behavior is really bad, you really want to deprive them of what they want the most -- in the case of a dog, that's you attention and the yummy treats. In the case of a website administrator, you want to deprive him of what he wants the most -- popularity of their site. Operant behaviorists define this behavior modification paradigm as negative punishment, or the withdrawal/deprivation of a desired outcome. It is probably the most effective method of shaping behavior and extinguishing undesirable behavior.

Many of the users here have already made the right decision and they did exactly what they should have done -- when Rich's behavior became out of line, they walked out on him, and left him in the company of his ever-shrinking population of yes-men. When enough people realize that they should do the same thing, his site will collapse.

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:49 pm

TREATS!!! Where-y'at? :D

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:09 pm

Stirring the pot Dan? :lol:

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:22 pm

Robert R wrote:Now watch as his worshipful minions accuse you of calling Rich a murderer...
RR
Rich killed somebody? Do you think those 2 chicks on TNT know? They hunt down killers of cold cases.

ray

jvandyke_texas
TFM-6cb

Post by jvandyke_texas » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:34 pm

Yeah Bob, you don't have to explain that.
The dog craps on the rug, and here I suggest giving it a treat.
I thought about that before I posted and ignored it. The post was about getting something for nothing and expecting your input to be heard.

nooshinjohn
SILVER-7t

Post by nooshinjohn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:44 pm

jvandyke_texas wrote:Yeah Bob, you don't have to explain that.
The dog craps on the rug, and here I suggest giving it a treat.
I thought about that before I posted and ignored it. The post was about getting something for nothing and expecting your input to be heard.

There is a difference, and a HUGE one at that, between having your disagreement heard, and having respect for others. Rich only respects himself, and others only for so long as they have something he can take or exploit for personal gain. After that, he could give less than a smelly shit about you.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Why don't you guys tell us how you REALLY feel ?!?!?

Glad to see the winds-a-changin'

bob p
SILVER-7t

Post by bob p » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:02 pm

jvandyke_texas wrote:The post was about getting something for nothing and expecting your input to be heard.
Your premise is based upon your faith that your $20 is going to buy you a rational response.

I'd like to take a poll: Everyone who thinks that it would be helpful to send Rich $20 with a note that says that you don't like the way he's running his site, please raise your hand.

<crickets>

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:08 pm

I started to post a bunch of garbage in the sand box about 60k per post just kept copying and pasting. I was looking to draw down fuckheads bandwidth and it got me a visitor.
The great Zucchini I mean zumbini came and posted Iwas not very mature and this is exactly why rich put me in the sand box

Then he said to me
BTW: Those little brown logs you are eating aren't tootsie rolls.
I responded by saying that was not very nice talk from a representative of this forum

Time to crank it up a notch!

trav0810
TFM-35

Post by trav0810 » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:11 pm

Bwahahaha Bob. Snowball's chance in hell. I know that the "Great Exodus" of 2012-2013 included several members who had invested money into that site through donations and karmas and through sharing their knowledge (not me of course, I have no knowledge to speak of). What you have brought to that site holds no value. Only that you keep in your place and don't step out of line.

Return to “Fight Club”