Why are we different sides of the same coin

The 1st rule of Fight Club is... you don't talk about Fight Club !
angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:32 am

The more and more i try to wrap my head around the differences of the two sites the more i do not see how it will not work. The biggest thing that this site has going at its core to my observation, is the devotion of carverfest. Once a year, a lot of us put faces to the names, get to be a bit more personal, and thus have some over the top times online with each other. This medal thing on the other site really has struck a nerve with me, why would a site need such a thing, then it occurred to me and was pointed out as well, a structure of command is there by that. Unlike say a post count to see how long a person has been promoting themselves, there are medals to show rank, achievements, etc. people want to be noticed right off the bat, here look at me, look at me....here at carveraudio, it is a social site on carver first and foremost that also knows a thing or two about audio tech. But our second common love it seems to me is each others company. While we do not Necessarily know much about how the inner workings of bobs creations and how they may work, that is not the driving point over here. The insiders here are insiders maybe because we went to carverfest and have a inside line on each others personality. I simply am disappointed at what seems to me , at the very least, is that because i like to say words that are nothing more than a group of letters combined to express a idea or situation that is over the top. Well because i use these words, i am offending some. Hmmm. The more i talked, the more i felt like i was being surrounded by snobs at the carversite because i was promoting the end of the division. Well, i was really taken back to the feelings expressed over this. I think to myself, well maybe if a lot of people that do not see the blood in the eye balls of those they speak with, well all that is left is words because i will not know that much about the people i speak with over the net while i do know the folks that i see at carverfest, thus i am i bit more rude and crude because it simply amuses me. It was like i was talking to myself, and in the end, i did just that. You know, There are two site because some of us feel we are better than the rest of us. Were it started does not really matter now, but i am amazed how the behavior continues without so much as a acknowledgement that it exists even now. As i was spoken down to, i wanted to do nothing more than yell you fucking fucks do not even see how much your shit stinks as you are standing in the middle of it. But again, i am challenged when it comes to understanding what people really feel while they say the exact opposite and i take that at face value. I am rude and crude, misunderstood, but like every person here and there, loyal to the cause. Now it is the cause that separates us from them. But as these people talk, i see they are also challenged in the way they treat others around them. I really just can not shake that feeling of being snubbed by snobs. And i know deep down inside it is nothing more than i have not meet them face to face and vice versus to really get to know these people. Of all the folks i have meet, the only one that sticks out as a person that was really, really nice in person was bill (00). Online was a different story. Matter of fact, i feel bad for telling him to fuck off not that long ago, because my personality was really enflamed at that moment. But even he, was,is ,has never been snotty or even a snob. The promise of a united site has me scratching my head as i today do not see it happening. Maybe if some of the ones that like status quo, got together in a fest of sorts, that may change. Keep in mind, that the first time i came around , i pissed off some folks as i am not as socially ept as i would like to be. And unless i am still being lied to, folks have changed their minds about me after the learning curve was established of who we are. I am told that when i write like this, it is conscious thought streams.....whatever you want to call them, this is what has been on my mind from the moment robert was dissed without any one even making a sound that it was not right .....i stayed quite to see how it would unfold, and to my surprise, rich and james spoke with each other. See , i only know rich from the way he has presented himself online, and the personality came out from him for whatever reason, i am not the one to live in a glass house and throw stones, as i also come up short when it comes to knowing when to stop and leave well enough alone. Well, i am here to say. Am gonna leave well enough alone. As jerry springer would ask? Do you really want someone that does not want you!
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
bob p
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1342
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by bob p » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:26 am

I might read your post if you made an effort to format it to make it readable. But the way it is? Not.
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:33 am

Good for you then!
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
zumbini
Newbie 50+
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 am
Location: by the RR tracks

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by zumbini » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:21 am

Angelo,

I reread your recent posts on CS as well as our replies. It seems to me you were treated well. In fact many of my compadres went out of their way to be nice to you. You even won CT-Seven's rack handle karma.

In return you spent most of your time making snide comments and picking away at the fresh scab of detante vs merger, while trying to convince us that you knew what was best.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not WE ARE DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. I accept YOU for who YOU are. Why can't YOU accept ME for who I am?

Why is YOUR vision (or choice of web sites, or idea of fair play) any better (or worse) than ours?

Why are we SNOBS for asking you to take your shoes off (metaphorically) when you walk in OUR house?

Why fixate on something as innocuous as medals?

How would you feel if the tables were reversed?
Carver Gear: BillD-modified C-2 and C-11 (both w/balanced outs), CT-Seven, DTL-50, DTL-200MK2
M-200t, M-500, M-500t (x2), M-1.0t, M-1.5t (x2), MXR-130, PM-1200 (x3), PT2400, SD/A 490t, TX-2, TX-8r, TX-11b
Other: Behringer CX3400/DCX2496/FBQ3102, Furman PS-8R, Teac C-3RX and X-10R, Technics SL1200 and S-D303
Speakers: Design Acoustics DA-30 (2 sets w/extra DA-10s), Klipsch KG2.5, Legacy Super Satellites, Legacy Subs

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:27 am

zumbini wrote:Angelo,

I reread your recent posts on CS as well as our replies. It seems to me you were treated well. In fact many of my compadres went out of their way to be nice to you. You even won CT-Seven's rack handle karma.

In return you spent most of your time making snide comments and picking away at the fresh scab of detante vs merger, while trying to convince us that you knew what was best.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not WE ARE DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. I accept YOU for who YOU are. Why can't YOU accept ME for who I am?

Why is YOUR vision (or choice of web sites, or idea of fair play) any better (or worse) than ours?

Why are we SNOBS for asking you to take your shoes off (metaphorically) when you walk in OUR house?

Why fixate on something as innocuous as medals?

How would you feel if the tables were reversed?

And see my point is made. You went out of your way? Really. I did not understand just how deep some are until recently.. But as i said , i am rude and crude. And sometimes it is on purpose.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
zumbini
Newbie 50+
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 am
Location: by the RR tracks

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by zumbini » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:32 am

angelod307 wrote:
zumbini wrote:Angelo,

I reread your recent posts on CS as well as our replies. It seems to me you were treated well. In fact many of my compadres went out of their way to be nice to you. You even won CT-Seven's rack handle karma.

In return you spent most of your time making snide comments and picking away at the fresh scab of detante vs merger, while trying to convince us that you knew what was best.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not WE ARE DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. I accept YOU for who YOU are. Why can't YOU accept ME for who I am?

Why is YOUR vision (or choice of web sites, or idea of fair play) any better (or worse) than ours?

Why are we SNOBS for asking you to take your shoes off (metaphorically) when you walk in OUR house?

Why fixate on something as innocuous as medals?

How would you feel if the tables were reversed?

And see my point is made. You went out of your way? Really. I did not understand just how deep some are until recently.. But as i said , i am rude and crude. And sometimes it is on purpose.
Thanks for making my point Angelo.
Carver Gear: BillD-modified C-2 and C-11 (both w/balanced outs), CT-Seven, DTL-50, DTL-200MK2
M-200t, M-500, M-500t (x2), M-1.0t, M-1.5t (x2), MXR-130, PM-1200 (x3), PT2400, SD/A 490t, TX-2, TX-8r, TX-11b
Other: Behringer CX3400/DCX2496/FBQ3102, Furman PS-8R, Teac C-3RX and X-10R, Technics SL1200 and S-D303
Speakers: Design Acoustics DA-30 (2 sets w/extra DA-10s), Klipsch KG2.5, Legacy Super Satellites, Legacy Subs

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:33 am

zumbini wrote:
angelod307 wrote:
zumbini wrote:Angelo,

I reread your recent posts on CS as well as our replies. It seems to me you were treated well. In fact many of my compadres went out of their way to be nice to you. You even won CT-Seven's rack handle karma.

In return you spent most of your time making snide comments and picking away at the fresh scab of detante vs merger, while trying to convince us that you knew what was best.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not WE ARE DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. I accept YOU for who YOU are. Why can't YOU accept ME for who I am?

Why is YOUR vision (or choice of web sites, or idea of fair play) any better (or worse) than ours?

Why are we SNOBS for asking you to take your shoes off (metaphorically) when you walk in OUR house?

Why fixate on something as innocuous as medals?

How would you feel if the tables were reversed?

And see my point is made. You went out of your way? Really. I did not understand just how deep some are until recently.. But as i said , i am rude and crude. And sometimes it is on purpose.
Thanks for making my point Angelo.

You still do not see it huh....
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
zumbini
Newbie 50+
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 am
Location: by the RR tracks

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by zumbini » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:35 am

angelod307 wrote:You still do not see it huh....
And you still haven't answered any of my questions....
Carver Gear: BillD-modified C-2 and C-11 (both w/balanced outs), CT-Seven, DTL-50, DTL-200MK2
M-200t, M-500, M-500t (x2), M-1.0t, M-1.5t (x2), MXR-130, PM-1200 (x3), PT2400, SD/A 490t, TX-2, TX-8r, TX-11b
Other: Behringer CX3400/DCX2496/FBQ3102, Furman PS-8R, Teac C-3RX and X-10R, Technics SL1200 and S-D303
Speakers: Design Acoustics DA-30 (2 sets w/extra DA-10s), Klipsch KG2.5, Legacy Super Satellites, Legacy Subs

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:38 am

Either you are who you are, or we play make pretend. Are you saying that the other went out of their way to tolerate me? You know, it really does not matter. As what attracted me to the carversite was rich and his helping hand when i asked. I will leave this alone as it will only go down hill if i continue to call everyones out on why it would not work.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 am

zumbini wrote:Angelo,

I reread your recent posts on CS as well as our replies. It seems to me you were treated well. In fact many of my compadres went out of their way to be nice to you. You even won CT-Seven's rack handle karma.

In return you spent most of your time making snide comments and picking away at the fresh scab of detante vs merger, while trying to convince us that you knew what was best.

Whether you wish to acknowledge it or not WE ARE DIFFERENT SIDES OF THE SAME COIN. I accept YOU for who YOU are. Why can't YOU accept ME for who I am?
See, that is the eye opening part, i thought we were one and the same . But we are not it appears on the outside anyway.

Why is YOUR vision (or choice of web sites, or idea of fair play) any better (or worse) than ours?
My vision is ultimately the same as all i would think, a place to hang out, learn, laugh, and have fun

Why are we SNOBS for asking you to take your shoes off (metaphorically) when you walk in OUR house?because you went out of your way

Why fixate on something as innocuous as medals? I ask the same? Why do you need medals? What purpose do they serve other than to make ones position quickly known to a new person.

How would you feel if the tables were reversed?
it is the same table. I have been at both sites almost the same amount of time . And it kinda pisses me off because i did not have issue really until i thought about it. I am slow that way..does this mean i do not like the carversite, not a chance. Still love it there too!



Next
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
zumbini
Newbie 50+
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:17 am
Location: by the RR tracks

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by zumbini » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:52 am

angelod307 wrote:Either you are who you are, or we play make pretend. Are you saying that the other went out of their way to tolerate me? You know, it really does not matter. As what attracted me to the carversite was rich and his helping hand when i asked. I will leave this alone as it will only go down hill if i continue to call everyones out on why it would not work.
I swear just as much as you do but I keep it clean when I'm at my mom's house. I call that respect. You seem to consider it pretending.

I try to be nice to people I don't know well. Is that pretending? Am I just tolerating them?

I do agree on two points: 1. it really does not matter, and 2. it'll never work out.

ENJOY THE MUSIC!
Carver Gear: BillD-modified C-2 and C-11 (both w/balanced outs), CT-Seven, DTL-50, DTL-200MK2
M-200t, M-500, M-500t (x2), M-1.0t, M-1.5t (x2), MXR-130, PM-1200 (x3), PT2400, SD/A 490t, TX-2, TX-8r, TX-11b
Other: Behringer CX3400/DCX2496/FBQ3102, Furman PS-8R, Teac C-3RX and X-10R, Technics SL1200 and S-D303
Speakers: Design Acoustics DA-30 (2 sets w/extra DA-10s), Klipsch KG2.5, Legacy Super Satellites, Legacy Subs

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 2654
Joined: Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: manning, sc

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by angelod307 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:01 am

If you say so.....i say it went to shit because we lost focus on enjoy the music...
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

User avatar
bob p
SILVER-7t
Posts: 1342
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:40 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by bob p » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:41 am

Angelo, it's not a good thing to be fighting everyone. How about you reformat your post to make it readable? Seriously. It's so hard to read that I'm just not willing to even look at it, and I'm sure that you posted it because you wanted to be heard. Please take the chip off of your shoulder. You don't need to be at odds with everyone.

BTW, Hello Z!
Carver Preamps: C-1, C-2, BillD's JVD-modded C-4000, C-9
Carver Amplifiers: BillD's C-500, M-1.5t (4) PM-1.5 (4) M-500t (2)
Repair/Restoration/Upgrade expert for all of these components.

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6813
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:41 am

Bob, ur lazy.

I read it, and agree with the majority of it. "some" of the members come off pretty snobbish. And I wasn't even posting, just observing. I haven't posted on either forum much about the subject.

I was willing to take on the project to help better both sites/forums.
I knew Rich wanted to step down, so I stepped up.

If things don't change there.. They will continue to alienate people, with strict rules, and a screwed up hierarchy.
I mean really..... Last time I was glad to get a "gold star" was back in kindergarten.

But that's fine, less work I have to do.

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"
Posts: 2114
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:02 pm
Location: Northeast, Pa

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 am

Zumbini, You speak of respect. Tell me as a man one who states that he can make conscious decisions, Do you really feel that the way Richp treated RobertR was appropriate. Everyone of the people on the Carversite continue to turn a blind eye to what really started all of this and that was Richp Disrespecting RobertR. You can spin this all you want but I know the truth of what I observed and I was the only one with the balls to speak out against it. Then while I was in the sandbox you went out of your way to start shit with me. Read my signature I don't put up with peoples shit I can not change who I am I don't care if you could be of a benefit to me personally or financially If you start shit with me I will give as good as I receive. Everyone states Dom is a stand up guy, up to this point I have not met him yet maybe you could point him out for me.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Post Reply

Return to “Fight Club”