Why are we different sides of the same coin

The 1st rule of Fight Club is... you don't talk about Fight Club !
Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Re: Why are we different sides of the same coin

Post by Shortcake » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:02 am

Toy Maker wrote:Bob, ur lazy.

I read it, and agree with the majority of it. "some" of the members come off pretty snobbish. And I wasn't even posting, just observing. I haven't posted on either forum much about the subject.

I was willing to take on the project to help better both sites/forums.
I knew Rich wanted to step down, so I stepped up.

If things don't change there.. They will continue to alienate people, with strict rules, and a screwed up hierarchy.
I mean really..... Last time I was glad to get a "gold star" was back in kindergarten.

But that's fine, less work I have to do.
James, I'll give you a gold star now, but they are pasties. I know you will enjoy them, even for a moment, and you get it because your tried.
il_570xN.253126932.jpg
il_570xN.253126932.jpg (49.93 KiB) Viewed 835 times
I just became a member on the other site - won't say over there because it just sounds weird to me - and hope to have as much "entertainment" in a different way. I will just think of the other site as high school - have to be serious to graduate, and here as college, I made it through to have time to party at the animal house and still get a higher education. I will stay at either till it gets too much to deal with prom, or I get too old to say boobies without tripping over mine.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:50 am

Hmmmmm....

Maybe we SHOULD implement a awards program here...

I give ShortCake 2-stars :D

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Bob, ur lazy.

I read it, and agree with the majority of it. "some" of the members come off pretty snobbish. And I wasn't even posting, just observing. I haven't posted on either forum much about the subject.
Exactly why I left the site quite a while back- :shock:

I think James has the right idea for his site- IMHO,,,, but then again- you know what they say about opinions! :D

Cheers!~
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:16 pm

3 cheers for Shortcake!!! =D> =D> =D>
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

zumbini
Newbie 50+

Post by zumbini » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:21 pm

hewlew1 wrote:Zumbini, You speak of respect. Tell me as a man one who states that he can make conscious decisions, Do you really feel that the way Richp treated RobertR was appropriate. Everyone of the people on the Carversite continue to turn a blind eye to what really started all of this and that was Richp Disrespecting RobertR. You can spin this all you want but I know the truth of what I observed and I was the only one with the balls to speak out against it. Then while I was in the sandbox you went out of your way to start shit with me. Read my signature I don't put up with peoples shit I can not change who I am I don't care if you could be of a benefit to me personally or financially If you start shit with me I will give as good as I receive. Everyone states Dom is a stand up guy, up to this point I have not met him yet maybe you could point him out for me.
I don't know where you got your info from hewlew1 but everyone on CarverSite stood up for RobertR, especially the mods. In fact that was one of the reasons SteveFord quit. The chat box was full of members asking Rich to reconsider, but you wouldn't/couldn't have seen that. If you don't believe me ask Gary (TNRabbit).

CarverSite mods (and members) were just as outraged about Rich's treatment of RobertR, and his recent changes to member roles, as you. We didn't appreciate you and a few other CarverAudio members dropping shit bombs all over the place while we were trying to deal with the aftermath.

As for the present the guy with the hole in his brain (RichP) is "retired" and we can't change what he did in the past (even though we'd like to). We have restored everyone who ever left or was removed, and have been patient with the few indivduals who have contrary opinions.

Looking to the future, discussions are underway between John (tdk.teacher) and the mod squad about changes to things like member roles and site policy. If I have my way no post will ever be deleted (edited perhaps) and no member retired (unless that is their wish).
Carver Gear: BillD-modified C-2 and C-11 (both w/balanced outs), CT-Seven, DTL-50, DTL-200MK2
M-200t, M-500, M-500t (x2), M-1.0t, M-1.5t (x2), MXR-130, PM-1200 (x3), PT2400, SD/A 490t, TX-2, TX-8r, TX-11b
Other: Behringer CX3400/DCX2496/FBQ3102, Furman PS-8R, Teac C-3RX and X-10R, Technics SL1200 and S-D303
Speakers: Design Acoustics DA-30 (2 sets w/extra DA-10s), Klipsch KG2.5, Legacy Super Satellites, Legacy Subs

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

zumbini
Newbie 50+

Post by zumbini » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:27 pm

bob p wrote:Hello Z!
Howdy Bob. How's it hangin'? :D
Carver Gear: BillD-modified C-2 and C-11 (both w/balanced outs), CT-Seven, DTL-50, DTL-200MK2
M-200t, M-500, M-500t (x2), M-1.0t, M-1.5t (x2), MXR-130, PM-1200 (x3), PT2400, SD/A 490t, TX-2, TX-8r, TX-11b
Other: Behringer CX3400/DCX2496/FBQ3102, Furman PS-8R, Teac C-3RX and X-10R, Technics SL1200 and S-D303
Speakers: Design Acoustics DA-30 (2 sets w/extra DA-10s), Klipsch KG2.5, Legacy Super Satellites, Legacy Subs

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein

AlexSauter
Site Admin

Post by AlexSauter » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:36 pm

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Carver Pro PT-1800
Logitech Squeezebox
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:48 pm

I'd like to think contrary opinions were a requirement and not something to be "Patient" with, but then again it is my opinion.

Anywho....I have been looking and looking and don't see those posts you refer to Z as "being just as" anything with those who left, perhaps they too were removed or edited, another thing I can't wrap my brain around and as a woman and we do have large brains.

As far as getting a bong - I prefer power hitters myself. Not sure if you old enough to know what they are Alex. Since I am only "29" maybe you do!?!
IMG_0168.jpg
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

fill35U
M-400t CUBE

Post by fill35U » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:11 pm

Nice paraphernalia, Shortcake! \:D/

Is that a Cylon lurking behind it? :-k
Living room system: TGP IV, TX-8r, TD-1400, PT-2400(x6), PM-1.5a(x3), TFM-45(x2), TFM-55, Silver Amazings Mk IV

Spares/projects: C-9, M-400, PM-350(x2), M-1.5t(x2), PT-2400(x2-1/2), PT-1800(x4), TGP I, Architectural True Sub, pm420

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:50 pm

ah,, locomotives =D>

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:57 pm

The locomotives are on the wall not behind it.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Now you don't think I would post photos of mine, do you? LOL That's stock from the web.

But it shows some likness. To be totally honest, person to person was always my fav power hitter. May have led to my first kiss lol.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:08 pm

hewlew1 wrote:The locomotives are on the wall not behind it.

I know that,, bozo,,, but thanks for pointing it out,

do you need any sand in your little box?

zumbini
Newbie 50+

Post by zumbini » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:11 pm

Shortcake wrote:....I have been looking and looking and don't see those posts you refer to Z as "being just as" anything with those who left, perhaps they too were removed or edited, another thing I can't wrap my brain around and as a woman and we do have large brains.
One of Angelo's posts was editted by me, another was removed by someone else.
Angelo knows what he said and should have been aware of what the repercussions would be.

I doubt anyone is looking at your brain 'cakes.

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:14 pm

AlexSauter wrote:Image
=D> =D> =D>

Return to “Fight Club”