Take it here!!!

The 1st rule of Fight Club is... you don't talk about Fight Club !
docadillac
TFM-25

Take it here!!!

Post by docadillac » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:15 pm

I believe this is the place for vehement disagreement to belong. That being said, I as a fellow Carver enthusiast found this forum to be a Godsend as There aren't many people out there amongst the general public or even within the audio knowledgeable community that truly respect Carver equipment. I have been met with both astonishment and amusement from people who claim to be audio nuts when I talk about any of my experiences with Carver products, Sunfire included. What I found here was a great place for people who share a common interest and/or appreciation of Carver gear. I am not all interested in debates about the effectiveness or "truth" about cables, tubes v. solid state or whatever else may exist in the universe. I'd rather try to be positive and supportive towards my fellow Carver fans than anything else. It seems to me that James Sauter has put a great deal of time effort and energy into the establishment of this forum and its ongoing continuation. I am ever so grateful for that, because for one thing I never would have been able to have the ribbons of my old original Amazings rebuilt if it weren't for this forum. I have no interest whatsoever in arguing or debating with others. For one thing my health won't permit it and for another I have no interest. I hope we can all continue to choose to support each other even if we disagree. I can belong to a forum if I choose to do so. If there are other forums where support for Carver gear can be found, that's great too. My life is too short to be spent in conflict with other people. I can't be bothered with it. I have seen some great posts by some very knowledgeable people here and for that I'm grateful. I am a nobody in this world, but I do respect myself and believe in respecting other people which in my mind is not the same as agreeing with or acquiescing to others. Say what you will, think what you will. I accept people for who they are and this can mean disagreeing with someone completely. None of what I've said is said with animosity towards anyone. I'm just interested in what I think sounds good and being able to share and ask questions of other people.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Re: Take it here!!!

Post by treitz3 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:19 pm

Excellent post and I agree wholeheartedly.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

FesteLV
TFM-75

Post by FesteLV » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:26 pm

I agree with one exception to your post docadillac: everybody who is somebody is here; you are somebody. In other words, people who truly understand what a gift Bob Carver's genius is eventually make their way to this forum that James has setup. The elder statesmen of this forum possess a wealth of knowledge that is unparalleled. This is a great forum with all of the subtleties of human interaction and possibilities. 8)
Feste
Las Vegas

C-4000t, TX-11a, Silver 9t(2), M-1.0t(2), SD/A 490t, Apogee Calipers

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:45 pm

Eh, I read that statement FesteLV and thought the same thing at first. Then I really sat down and gave it some good, hard thought. I came to the conclusion that while I and others may be respected, I'm still nobody. If I left, the forum and the fans of Carver's legacy would still march on. All of you would still be typing away and life would move on. The same would go for anybody. We are all nobody in the grand scheme of things.

That said, collectively we are one HELL of a family and I am personally very proud to know all of you.........even the guy or gal with just one post. Don't get me wrong, I know where you are coming from. Everybody wants to be somebody. I think I just took it in the context that he was thinking of.

Trust me, there are members of this forum that have fewer than 25 posts that I hold an immense amount of respect for. Both for their knowledge and experience. The same can be said of other members that have well over a thousand posts. I have always believed [even from my first post] that it doesn't matter how many posts you have, it doesn't matter how well respected you are on the forum. I'm still gonna talk to you as if you were sitting right here in front of me.

My point is that no matter what, everybody is nobody because if anybody leaves.....the forum and the Carver legacy will march on. Nobody is that important, though some of us may wish to be. I hope that this makes sense because I'm having a hard time typing what I'm trying to relay.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:48 pm

HEY, NO AGREEING ALLOWED HERE [-X
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 pm

Oh crap, I noticed that it's the "Fight Club".

I completely disagree with everything posted so far. You are all full of shit.

How's that? Better? :D

BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post by BillD » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Mo' better, but not enough — just to be disagreeable. :)
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:40 pm

Don Juan said the greatest burden we carry around as men is our sense of self importance. Yes, we are all somebodies; but ridding oneself of this burden is very "uplifting" \:D/

Oh yeah; this is Fight Club: F1nut - go F yourself (down by the river!)! :lol:
Last edited by elgrau on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

SteveFord
SILVER-7t

Post by SteveFord » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:46 pm

It's only a hobby, you know.
Then again, I'm with Groucho Marx: Whatever you're for, I'm against it!
Upstairs:
VTL MB-250 Signature monoblocks, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, HHb BurnIt Plus, Well Tempered Labs Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Jolida JD-9 Phono Preamp, Sherwood S3000-IV tuner, VPI-17, Jolida JD-100, AKG 701, Beyerdynamics 881, NHT SW1-P subwoofer and amp, Magnepan 1.6, APC H15
Downstairs:
VTL DeLuxe 300 Monoblocks, Harman Kardon F500x tuner, Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp, Jolida JD-100, Oppo 981, Otari MX5050 BII, SVS SB-12 subwoofer, Magnepan 3.6
In Storage:
Stax Sigma headphones, signed DTL unit, Magnepan MMGs, Carver TX-11, TX-11a's

Return to “Fight Club”