It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:31 am

Carver "Silver Four" Monoblock project

<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:15 pm

Re: Carver "Silver Four" Monoblock project

You know, the Carver logo changed throughout the history of Carver Corporation. In the early years, the C wasn't connected to the A in CARVER, but it was stylized (a long upward tail. As far as I can tell, the C-1 was the first product to have the connected C, and it could have changed during production (my C-1 has a connected tail). But my M-400, C-4000, M-500 and M-500ts, as well as the C-500 shown below all have the disconnected tail.

C-500-1a.JPG
C-500-1a.JPG (113.04 KiB) Viewed 521 times
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:32 pm

Toy Maker wrote:From a standard point of view, it looks really good!!
From a sign makers point of view...
It might be due to the sandblasting process, but the "CARVER" logo isn't quite right.

Silly boy, you should have sent the granite pieces down to me to "laser etch"
A laser can get allot finer detail than sandblasting can, especially in small text.
But overall it looks good =D>

Those pieces are already glued together aren't they ??

Yes, they are and the top decks are not the easiest things to handle.... I do have an idea we should discuss however. If you still have my number, give me a call and we can discuss it.

I guess I had a vision in my head and my expectations were not met. It is nice to see the name on a new product though. I am leaning towards having the face polished out and doing a name plaque similar to what was done on the Silver Series, but with a visual twist to it. I am thinking of the same black annodized brushed aluminum that was done on the Sunfire gear with a polished frame around it. The Carver name could then be etched on it. This would also leave room for a signature plate on the front.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:12 am

Just talked to Bob tonight...

He has seen the pictures of the chassis and the granite work, and it would be a safe bet to say he is in a bit of shock by the work so far. He was amazed at the detail work put into the stone and the fact that every hole present in the aluminum has been carved perfectly into the tube decks. Now that he can see exactly what I have been talking about with him for these past months, he seems to feel that this design will be on a level that few professionally produced amps can touch. Already we know how good Bob's tube are, so I can only imagine that my amps will be able to stand with the best of the best.

I will have more pics in a couple days, and thanks to all for your support and encouragement.

John
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:43 pm

Some updated picks...
Attachments
statement 450 014.JPG
statement 450 014.JPG (108.48 KiB) Viewed 485 times
statement 450 012.JPG
statement 450 012.JPG (130.95 KiB) Viewed 485 times
statement 450 018.JPG
statement 450 018.JPG (92.86 KiB) Viewed 485 times
statement 450 004.JPG
statement 450 004.JPG (129.71 KiB) Viewed 485 times
statement 450 001.JPG
statement 450 001.JPG (135.22 KiB) Viewed 485 times
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:24 pm

Spoke to Bob tonight at length... He says the granite poses no heat issues to the amp and that there is no cause for concern. I wish I could discuss the rest, but for now that will have to remain between him and I. :-" :-" :-"
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:30 pm

Thanks for the update! Man! Those are coming together nicely!!! Can't wait for more pictures! You are doing an outstanding job. Do you think you might sell these or make more to sell someday? Very impressive! =D>
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:08 am

They look great!!! Keep the pics coming. =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:50 am

Jag_97470 wrote:Do you think you might sell these or make more to sell someday? Very impressive! =D>

[-( [-( [-( :-"

Thanks for the kind words bro...

BTW... You SUCK! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:22 am

nooshinjohn wrote:
Jag_97470 wrote:Do you think you might sell these or make more to sell someday? Very impressive! =D>

[-( [-( [-( :-"

Thanks for the kind words bro...

BTW... You SUCK! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

X2

Really awesome looking. =D> =D> Once finished, send them to Florida and I will put them thru the paces on my Plats. :lol:
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:31 pm

Some new pics with EIC connectors and input/output terminals in place...
Attachments
statement rear panel 021.JPG
statement rear panel 021.JPG (120.81 KiB) Viewed 442 times
statement rear panel 017.JPG
statement rear panel 017.JPG (115.58 KiB) Viewed 442 times
statement rear panel 014.JPG
statement rear panel 014.JPG (110.47 KiB) Viewed 442 times
statement rear panel 013.JPG
statement rear panel 013.JPG (104.54 KiB) Viewed 442 times
statement rear panel 012.JPG
statement rear panel 012.JPG (106.12 KiB) Viewed 442 times
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:40 am

Looking good. =D> =D> =D>
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:44 am

ew,ew, i want one...my occd will not be complete without it.....looks nice.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:25 pm

Just a bit of an update... I have settled on using a bird's-eye Maple for the side panels. The wood will be stained in a warm, natural color with a satin finish. The rear of the amp is being treated to hand-painted lettering for the inputs/outputs/fuses and other details on the back. The stainless trim rings are being plated in silver.

I have also ordered new tube sockets as I was unhappy with the fit of the originals. Once I have them, I will begin wiring them up, and in a month or so, when Bob is ready, I will fit the transformers and order up some cryo-treated KT-120's.

Pics to follow on Monday or Tuesday next week!

I can honestly say this is the most FUN I have ever had in this hobby! Seeing everything in my mind come together in the form of something that will be as much a work of art as it will be functional has inspired me to do even more....

Bob has given his full support and blessings to my doing a limited run of these amps, so long as they are as good in person as they are in pictures. Bob now wants to have me ship these to him for evaluation when I am done. I guess that makes these "prototypes".
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:38 pm

[quote="nooshinjohn"I have settled on using a bird's-eye Maple for the side panels. The wood will be stained in a warm, natural color with a satin finish. Wow! That sounds really nice!! These are going to look Beautiful for sure!

Bob has given his full support and blessings to my doing a limited run of these amps, so long as they are as good in person as they are in pictures. Bob now wants to have me ship these to him for evaluation when I am done. I guess that makes these "prototypes".[/quote]

LOL, No this does not make these prototypes. It makes this a Newly acquired amp for Mr. Caver that you will "Never see again"! :lol: Bob's thinking :-k wow, there is a sucker born everyday! :lol:
Oh, and yes, Bob is probably also thinking :-k
YOU SUCK! :lol:
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:[quote="nooshinjohn"I have settled on using a bird's-eye Maple for the side panels. The wood will be stained in a warm, natural color with a satin finish. Wow! That sounds really nice!! These are going to look Beautiful for sure!

Bob has given his full support and blessings to my doing a limited run of these amps, so long as they are as good in person as they are in pictures. Bob now wants to have me ship these to him for evaluation when I am done. I guess that makes these "prototypes".

LOL, No this does not make these prototypes. It makes this a Newly acquired amp for Mr. Caver that you will "Never see again"! :lol: Bob's thinking :-k wow, there is a sucker born everyday! :lol:
Oh, and yes, Bob is probably also thinking :-k
YOU SUCK! :lol: [/quote]

Boib and I have an understanding... If he wants to keep them, he can but I get the Cherry Silver 9's he has been sitting on for the better part of two decades! :D :D :lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Tubes