FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:15 am

Tubed Pre & Solid State Brute Power

<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:21 pm

Tubed Pre & Solid State Brute Power

I've been talking with several people today on eBay about the C-19 and it was even brought up here, which got me to drag it down to my main system along with the TFM-45 & 490t for some more critical listening time. I'm currently running a Melody SP 7, a 45 wpc fully tubed integrated so this was a quick swap and comparison. The Carver stack comes up a little short on the 3-D imaging but seems to excel with just about everything else. The C-19 and TFM-45 is a beautiful match up, they seem like they were born together, very natural sound and the power of that amp is what got me into high end audio in the first place. The C-19 is a fantastic preamp and has me now reconsidering the whole integrated route. I bought a Jolida 502Brc with KT88 tubes, it should be here early next week and I think I'll wait till it arrives for another comparison before I sell the C-19.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:47 am

Re: Tubed Pre & Solid State Brute Power

I thought it sold but guess you just ended the auction. Used to it would list the buyer on eBay if an item sold, but no more... :rolleyes:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:21 pm

don't know wayne, but i bid on a sonic frontier sfl1 and then i see i was outbid and the auction was over as the seller ended it. wtf. i though it was some kind of contract . the seller must have placed a bid higher than mine to end it.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:40 pm

I start and stop listings all the time but they're always "buy it now," never auctions where people have bids on my them.
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 405x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch Chorus II's
Klipsch RSW 15
Klipsch KW-120 (2)

Return to Carver Tubes