FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:39 am

BK Butler tube driver

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:38 pm

BK Butler tube driver

Does anyone know about the mobile butler tube driver for cars like the 750 or 1500?
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:07 pm

Personally, I have not ever even heard of such a thing before. In fact, I'm still a little confused as to what in the hell it even is but I thought this post might be of interest to you.

http://www.caraudioforum.com/archive/in ... 52470.html

All I can say is OMG! Nothing I have EVER heard even comes close to comparing to this amp! Some of the stuff I've tried in the past:

Planet Audio HVT-754 tube - Nice detailed highs but kinda thin sounding, a little loose on the bottom end. Missing some mid-range presence. Went good with my Focal Utopia 165W's. *** 1/2 out of 5.

JL Audio 300/4 - Very clean, alot of control, not much bass, kinda cold and analytical sounding. Especially through Kimber 4VS wire and Utopia's. *** out of 5.

JL Audio 500/5 - same as above. *** out of 5

Phoenix Gold 400.2ti - Very dynamic, lots of clean bass (very slightly loose but errors on the smooth side), nice midrange punch, very articulated highs, but a little lean and over emphisized. MUCH better than a JL Audio, IMHO. **** out of 5.

Arc Audio 2100CXL - Extremely dynamic and controlled, tons of ultra clean power, excellent presence and depth, very articulate, decent space between instruments, bass is very musical and controlled. The highs are smooth, clear, full bodied, and REAL sounding. They are my first choice for a solid state amp. **** 1/2 out of 5.

But... Words can hardly describe how the Butler Tube Driver amp sounds through CDT Eurosport ES-620's!

BASS: INCREDIBLE depth and precision! Full and rounded without sounding bloated. At first I thought some sorta boost was on! These amps don't have any boost! The power and authority is simply mind blowing. It's so musical and dynamic. No transistor amp can compare. If you're having a mid-bass problem or a problem bringing the bass 'up-front' - this amp is the cure!

MIDRANGE: Presence, depth, and width are outstanding! Everything sounded so real it was uncanny. Voices, violins, guitars, all came across with a new found dynamic and realism like nothing I've ever heard in a car amp. When I played 'Spanish Harlem' by Rebecca Pidgeon, I felt my heart race! She sounded REAL!

HIGHS: Finally an amp that can reproduce cymbals with realism and fine detail! It's like going from a 1 mega-pixel camera to a 10! So much more information was presented with such perfect timbre and air. There was an ease and perfect balance that is hard to describe. There was no artificial push or emphesis. Just a naturalness and realsim with just the right amount of air and body. This amp should be a good match with the TN51 tweeter, which can sound bad (distorted and congested) with a cheap amp.

The amp I tried was an original Tube Driver 750, circa 1996 - gold colored brushed aluminum. I can only imagine what a new Tube Driver Blue sounds like. I plan on selling ALL of my amps and buying a Tube Driver Blue 275 ASAP. They can be purchased directly from http://www.tubedriver.com for $499. They list them as 'demo' units.

If you are into SQ like me, you NEED one of these amps! Highly reccommended! ***** out of 5!

Equipment used:

Pioneer DEH-P940MP
CDT Eurosport ES-620's
Focal Utopia 180W's
Planet Audio PC64CK components <-- Old school, but very dynamic and balanced! I wish PA would have continued to make componets as good as these.
Tube Driver 750 (75W x 2)
JL Audio 250/1
Hifonics BX1500D
Elemental Designs 10'O' 44 <--- The most musical and smooth sub I ever heard! Sounds just like my Paradigm Servo 15" home theater woofer!
Kimber 4VS speaker wire <-- Soon to be replaced with Monster M20.2s Audiophile cable
Monster XLN Pro and 401 interconnects.

I wouldn't bother reading beyond that. It seems the trolls and idiots come out. What in the hell is this thing exactly, Eddie?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Re: BK Butler tube driver

Tube amp for you car!
Attachments
TD-1500.jpg
TD-1500.jpg (46 KiB) Viewed 890 times
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:55 pm

I have never heard one- but have read good things about them! I have 3 x ARC's in my ride, :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:18 pm

I believe it was DaveS that brought this tube amplifier to our attention here on the forum.

http://milbert.com/bam

The more I researched on this unit, the more I was impressed. That said, there is no way of telling whether or not it sounds good compared to the one you started the thread about, Eddie. How much is the units you were looking at? I think the Milberts were up in the 2.5-3K range if memory serves me correctly.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:38 am

try a rockford p5002/p500.2, transana design, or even better the slightly older transnova amps from a few years back. when rockford bought out hafler in the early 90's, the technology was adapted into there car line. i have heard many, many amps in my day, and the only others that compare are some zapco's as well as the arc amps. problem with tube amps in a car setting is all the vibrations that do affect the way the amp sounds going down the road. even sitting still with the motor off will be an issue if there are any subwoofers installed. that's my two cents. been there, done that. oh yeah, way back when it was very cool, the old pheonix gold ms line up was for the mid lover as they used the same outputs that bob did in the tfm amps. toshiba devices. those come up from time to time on fleabay, but will need a recap for sure.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:48 am

oh yeah, far more important is the installation of the said equipment.also try a clarion drz9255. it all starts here. forget the showrooms for speaker selection as they will do nothing to show off what it will sound like in the car. my favorite speakers are from the long gone now, oz audio bar none. as i have a few sets, i might be interested in with a set. maybe.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Return to Carver Tubes