FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:01 pm

Look what else showed up

<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 am

Look what else showed up

Just in time for me to leave for a meeting...

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/

But I'll be back...
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:40 am

Re: Look what else showed up

Very cool!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:00 pm

What is it?!?! Im a fan of low serial numbers btw... \:D/
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:12 pm

MRHP wrote:What is it?!?! Im a fan of low serial numbers btw... \:D/

I think thats one of the new Bob Carver 20 watt amps, Tinpan might have traded one of the Carverfest amps in for it.

Robin we all want to know

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:59 pm

There are some days I hate you Tinpan. Today is one of them. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:12 pm

Very nice...congrats Tinpan! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:24 pm

There can be only ONE!!!!!!!!!!

:D
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:01 pm

BOING!!!!!! DROOL!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:35 am

There are some days I hate you Tinpan. Today is one of them. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

:D :D :D :D Life is full of ups and downs...boy the ups sure are fun. Thanks Snoop.

So, here it is all set up. I also took this opportunity to try out a Sonos wireless system. My buddy swears by them and according to him he likes the built in dac better than the Audio Notes dacs I have. It will be curious to see if he proves correct. It sure would save buying an Apple TV, a pre amp and a DAC for each system. I could save $2,700 per system deployed this way.

It also would get rid of the annoying job of resetting my Apple network each time I fire up music and hopefully will eliminate the jitters I experience with the Apple TVs.

The Sonos has a built in wireless card, dac and volume control. I was a little disappointed to learn that I have to upgrade the OS on my mac from Leopard to Snow Leopard in order to use the desktop controller. However, I was able to load my back up music library which is stored on a Synology DS 110j NAS ( Beemer's suggestion) and I am using the Sonos handheld controller to play music and adjust the volume. It worked so easily I also downloaded the Sonos app form my iPhone, iPad
and iPod. Now I have 4 controllers, very cool. I can pick up any of them and play music. One nice feature i like about the Sonos system is that you can add music to a cue. Very nice feature, I don't have to sit there with my iPad picking songs as they finish playing. You can just load up a few songs and kick back.

I also won't have to maintain 3 music servers with 3 music libraries, big time headache.

As to the volume control, my buddy eliminated his preamps and dacs, just using the Sonos for both functions. He is driving a pair of Audio Note Interstage Mono Blocks and I will say his set up is very nice. After a year of ignoring his idea of using the Sonos, we'll see...maybe he was right.

Here's a close up of this little beauty. I could take some time and take better pictures, but being a little distracted at the moment, those will have to wait.

The finish on these amps is certainly far better than my pics will capture, for now. I'll do some better ones later....maybe :lol:

So, currently, thanks to Rabbit, I have the CarverFest 2008 and Carverfest 2011 cds cue'd up. I also have 2 nephews, 1 niece and my sister staying with me and this system is in the same room with a video game set up. For some reason the little ones are complaining they can't hear their video games :lol: :lol: :lol:

The room is a mess right now, but you can see one Sonos driving the Carver VTA 20 and a pair of Khorns. Boy I am liking this set up so far.

Now I have to find a better amp stand

More later...
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:53 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> Beautiful!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:11 am

Looks great Tinpan! Thank you for sharing!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :D
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:41 am

mbskeam wrote:Image

There can be only ONE!!!!!!!!!!

:D

You know Mike, I'm putting you on that hate list with Tinpan. :lol: :lol: :lol: Damn that's a good looking amp!!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> :D
<<

tinpan

TFM-45

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:28 pm

I like Mike's systems, if I remember correctly among a number of things he upgraded his tube sockets, which I thought was really nice.

I only have one question though:

Is this town big enough for two...pardner? :lol:
Tinpan

<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Wow!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:33 pm

well,
I'll show you...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

later, more to follow.... :-" :-" :-"
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
Next

Return to Carver Tubes