FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Silver-1 Tube Preamp - !!! PROJECT ON HOLD !!!

<<

HRDROKN

TFM-45

Post Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Silver-1 Tube Preamp - FOR SALE

Damn.... very cool!

=D>
HRDROKN
MC-7P tube preanp, BBE2002R, Marchand XM44, TFM-35x .002, TFM-35x, M1.0t MKII .002, M500t, Silver 7t's, SDA-360 and Klipsch KLF-30's w/crites crossovers...
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:52 pm

any word on pricing yet?
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

docadillac

TFM-25

Post Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:39 am

That is an incredible piece of equipment. It would be part of a dream system for me.
<<

amulford

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:37 am

I know that originally this was for the Silver Sevens, but how well would it voice to 9t's? I may be interested...
I don't wanna hear it...
I wanna feel it...
I want it to go right thru me....
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:21 am

Someday we will find out.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:59 am

We are guessing around $6,000-8000. We are not 100% sure yet, it's still going through the reverse engineering stages.
Then Bob is going to do a couple modds to it, and it will be going off to the board and chassis designers.

The really cool thing about this project is, it's going back into the hands of the people that originally built the 1st 2 prototypes.
Bob's onboard, helping with the reverse engineering of the board. Joe, his partner in crime is working on the boards right now.
We have tracked down, and commissioned the original board designer to make the new CG model of the preamp, source the boards, and chassis.
We will be doing the final assembly ourselves most likely.

This has been a REALLY interesting project to have gotten into.

After finding the board designers, they were doing some digging, and it seems they have come up with a few prototype drawings of the original
REJECTED Lightstar designs as well. They will be sending them down to us soon, I will scan and post copies once I have them.

Lots of cool things happening behind the scenes.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

RichP714

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Congrats on the project, and good luck, now That's "A Website Devoted to Carver Electronics Users"
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:35 pm

This whole thing is quite exhilarating news. Bravo to the Sauter clan!
<<

cutlass81

Post Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:12 pm

Wow, that is a really cool project you guys have going on there.
Nice!
Some have called him "The Chosen One", Some have called him "The Messiah"...I prefer "Chocolate Jesus".
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:17 pm

It's looking like me might be adding a remote after all to the unit. If we do it will only control the volume. I really don't want to add switching into the unit at all.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:30 am

Yeah James, volume is all that needed and done right will not compromise the sound quality at all.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am

Yeah, the board we are looking at, the audio only goes through the potentiometer, and is not connected to the power board for the motor at all.
It looks like it's going to work out pretty well, adding the volume remote.

Here's what the preamp looks like now.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: Silver-1 Tube Preamp - !!! PROJECT ON HOLD !!!

To all those patiently awaiting this preamp, I am sorry to say, for now, we are putting this project on hold. We will be coming back to it in the near future, but for now it's being put on hold.

Fine out why here: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=8975

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

My Dog Ziggy

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Any updates Toy Maker? :-k
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:06 pm

Toy Maker wrote:To all those patiently awaiting this preamp, I am sorry to say, for now, we are putting this project on hold. We will be coming back to it in the near future, but for now it's being put on hold.

Fine out why here: viewtopic.php?f=136&t=8975

Find out why here: :-k :-k Awesome!!!!! Can't wait!!!
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Tubes