FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:01 am

Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24

Unfortunately, WS 9 is now available to those that would like to attend. :(

BillD or TNRabbit, if plans change, let me know. I'm sorry to hear that things didn't go down as planned but thanks for the heads up. BillD, if you can make it, I'll make sure that you are paired with somebody compatible with you. I promise.

Skip, I'll get back up with you this weekend brother.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:17 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:Down to Cabin 10...

no, really, I can't eat at cabin 10 all the time

do I have to cook?

I am bringing a babe I met at Lowes. Looking at her, I doubt she is into cooking.

Is there a Taco Bell nearby?

Oconee,

There are a couple of places to eat in Bryson City that we have been to. Visit twice a year. If you like Mexican, the food is good, but no atmosphere.

Guayabitos Mexican Restaurant
(828) 488-1336
236 Highway 19 S, Bryson City, NC 28713 Get directions
Cross Streets: Between Slope St and Hughes Branch Rd

More upscale Dining and nice atmosphere, out of the way. Should impress your Babe that you met at Lowe's:

http://fryemontinn.com/dining.htm

Outside of Bryson City, their is a town called Dillsboro. The old historic building houses a B & B with a restaurant called the Jarret House. The food is Southern family style. Not much atmosphere, but very good. Limited Menu.

http://www.jarretthouse.com/aboutus.asp?id06=57&par06=0
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:20 pm

Sounds like there will be many options. Hell, when I go camping I am happy to live on Power Bars and beer.

I suspect the girl from Lowe's is a "no go" - but that new greeter at Wal Mart is really hot !!!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:41 am

OconeeOrange wrote:Sounds like there will be many options. Hell, when I go camping I am happy to live on Power Bars and beer.

I suspect the girl from Lowe's is a "no go" - but that new greeter at Wal Mart is really hot !!!

Since you brought it up... here is a real fun time !!!!
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/?page_id=9798

Any new Updates we need to know about ??? Anyone NOT going that was... anyone now GOING that wasn't ???
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:44 am

James, Skip is still looking for a room [16th-Monday] to stay in. He prefers sleeping with Frankie.....er, uh.....I mean staying in the same cabin as Frankie but I haven't found the time to make communications happen on that yet. Hopefully we can still talk BillD into coming and just an FYI, Gary is still planning on trying to make it but he won't be renting a room and the dates [limited] that he will be coming are still up in the air.

I'm surprised that Cabin 9 hasn't been snagged up by anybody yet.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:44 pm

Just for those who want info, Cabin 9 is a upstairs downstairs arrangement with pool table downstairs. Door entry is on the upper floor. Easiest walk to cabins 11 and 12 of all the cabins.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Ya'll,, Janice and I would like to invite everyone to our cabin one evening for some of her wedding soup,,homemade bread,,pasta salad,,and whatever else she decides to make,,I'll try to co-ordinate so we don't mess up any of the official dinners,,I think that you'll be in for a treat,,everyone is welcome.All for now--see ya'll soon.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun May 09, 2010 4:01 pm

Save some wedding soup for me George! LOL! I try to save some of you know what I had last year! Hell I think I better bring a double batch! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sun May 09, 2010 4:22 pm

Me too !!! Please George, I will be there for the last 5 days so don't do it until I get there!

I will try to get another Prius & I will give you a ride in it !!

Pretty exciting stuff.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun May 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Franky, your such a tease with your Prius. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 09, 2010 6:04 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Ya'll,, Janice and I would like to invite everyone to our cabin one evening for some of her wedding soup,,homemade bread,,pasta salad,,and whatever else she decides to make,,I'll try to co-ordinate so we don't mess up any of the official dinners,,I think that you'll be in for a treat,,everyone is welcome.All for now--see ya'll soon.

Any chance you could post a photo of Janice ?
My first love was named 'Janice'.

I could do something I guess. I can't cook - will be alone most likely - (don't tell Janice).
I could bring a lot of homemade beer -> I make great beer, but since most prefer BUD which has no taste - they hate mine.
Most of you sound like wine drinkers. I just put up my first batch of 'Pinot Carolina' - but that won't be ready until CARVER 2011.

I could cook up some beans one night, maybe fry some ham. I ain't much of a cook if you are into fancy crap.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun May 09, 2010 6:16 pm

Not to worry guys,, we won't start cooking until you are onsite. 8)
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun May 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Ya'll,, Janice and I would like to invite everyone to our cabin one evening for some of her wedding soup,,homemade bread,,pasta salad,,and whatever else she decides to make,,I'll try to co-ordinate so we don't mess up any of the official dinners,,I think that you'll be in for a treat,,everyone is welcome.All for now--see ya'll soon.
That sounds like a wonderful idea George. Let's plan on it. I'll go ahead and copy this post over on the Carverfest food thread. Thank you for yours and Janice's most generous offer.

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon May 31, 2010 7:21 pm

One of the main host cabins is moving next year....

OK ladies and gentlemen, CF is sneaking up on us quickly. Skip PM'd me the other day that he was getting worried about not finding a roomie for the 16th on. Anybody else who would like to stay during this time <or> FrankieD, if could get in touch with him and possibly make some arrangements or work something out? That would be appreciated, as he has shown an interest in possibly sharing /splitting a cabin with you.

Also, just to let you all know, I stayed in WS6 during my birthday and I will say this.....WS11 will be available next year for anybody who would like to stay there. I'm calling dibs and announcing my move to the lowest level of WS6. The first two levels are almost an exact duplicate of WS11, which is the only cabin I have stayed in since we discovered the place.

WS6 is available and beautiful. It will also accommodate around 7-8 cars in the driveway.

<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:40 pm

Tom

Could you please call Skip and tell him to check his PM's.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010