FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 am

Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

<<

BrianT

User avatar

Pair of Silver Sevens

Posts: 1304

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

F1nut wrote:
BrianT wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Yeah, we need to know if anyone has placed any SOLID reservations (deposits or payments) for any of the cabins yet ???

We are trying to arrange the people that are going to be there the full 10 days. Making sure we are booking all the same cabins, and not letting anyone get stuck with a cabing for the full 10 days with no roommates for any of the days, like ehat happened to Eddie last year.


James,

Tom (thuffman03) & Tom (beemers417) BrianT & Pat Watershead 7
Tuesday September 14 to September 20th

Deposit paid. (Oct2009)

Brain.


funual Cabin 7 has been Eddie's and mine for the last two years. Although I'm not staying in it with Eddie this year I do believe that Eddie should have the rights to that cabin until he says otherwise. Did you check with him first?


Jess,

No I did not check with Eddie, I phoned Watershed the day I left while I was waiting for a plane in Charlotte. Found that the cabin was available so I booked it.

When I got back to Canada, and delt with my mother's funeral, I logged onto the forum, and saw the CF2010 thread. I noticed that it had Eddie pencilled in for Watershed 7. being a newbe. I phoned James and told that I had booked #7, and it looks like Eddie might want it, and I would be willing to cancel. James told me that he would phone Eddie and see if he did want it, and let me know. That was in Oct I have head no difference so as far as I am concerned Watershed 7 is ours. So sorry for the confusion, if I would have been told I would not have booked it.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Eddie

User avatar

Eddie The Knife

Posts: 1647

Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Location: Valhalla! Expect me when you see me!

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:02 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

BrianT wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Yeah, we need to know if anyone has placed any SOLID reservations (deposits or payments) for any of the cabins yet ???

We are trying to arrange the people that are going to be there the full 10 days. Making sure we are booking all the same cabins, and not letting anyone get stuck with a cabing for the full 10 days with no roommates for any of the days, like ehat happened to Eddie last year.


James,

Tom (thuffman03) & Tom (beemers417) BrianT & Pat Watershead 7
Tuesday September 14 to September 20th

Deposit paid. (Oct2009)

Brain.


*******************************************************************************************
That 's funny I have dibs on cabin 7 for the past 2 years and plan to be in it for the full ten days from the 10th to the 21st. Check the beginning of the thread and you will see it there!
*******************************************************************************************
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13260

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:03 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

Hey, you snooze, you lose. As far as I'm concerned, the first one with cash on the reservation gets the cabin~
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Eddie

User avatar

Eddie The Knife

Posts: 1647

Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Location: Valhalla! Expect me when you see me!

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

I just opened a door that should never be opened!
Last edited by Eddie on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

F1nut

User avatar

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Posts: 4533

Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am

Location: The Mars Hotel

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:11 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

That's all well and good Brian, but James had nothing to do with that cabin and you did not check with Eddie or myself.

I phoned Watershed the day I left while I was waiting for a plane in Charlotte. Found that the cabin was available so I booked it.


That's not how it works and makes your action appear to be underhanded at best. It's no different than had Eddie and I done the same to book Cabin 12 knowing full well that it has been someone else's cabin for the last 3 years.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13260

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

Eddie wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:Hey, you snooze, you lose. As far as I'm concerned, the first one with cash on the reservation gets the cabin~


That is like me calling them and putting cash on all the cabins and saying the rest of you should look for a motel!

I think I am going rabbit hunting! They are so easy to skin and cook!



Well, I personally would work it out with an individual, but I wouldn't have heartburn if someone came up with the cash before I did. And if one of us booked them all, they wouldn't have us or any of our systems to enjoy~ it would be awfully lonely....

Bring on the shotgun; you won't be the first hunter I've fooled~
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:08 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

OK folks, I hate to be a thorn in your rose but here is how it is......

Those who have claimed a cabin as of the first page of last years thread is what cabin they get. No ifs, ands or buts. Seniority rules, at least in this aspect.

Those who have stayed in the cabin the prior year gets the cabin this year. BrianT, I'm sorry but unfortunately we will have to make other arrangements for you and your wife. We will be more than willing to accommodate you in another cabin to your liking.

Let it be known, it will NOT be first come first serve at will until we say so. Right now we are still in the planning stages trying to figure out logistics and appropriate accommodations for everybody involved.

For those that want to stay the entire 10 days? post on this thread and let either me or James know what cabin you would like to stay in. Just so you know, this will NOT guarantee the cabin you are staying in but we will bend over backwardsand give you the shirt off our backs to make it happen for you.

For those who would like to stay other times, we will neeed to know ASAP in order to plan the best accomodations for you. If you have an individual request? Let me know ASAP so that I can plan accordingly.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:15 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

BrianT wrote:Tom (thuffman03) & Tom (beemers417) BrianT & Pat Watershed 7
Tuesday September 14 to September 20th. Deposit paid. (Oct2009)

Brain.
Oh, dear. All of you get in touch with me ASAP. This will not happen.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BrianT

User avatar

Pair of Silver Sevens

Posts: 1304

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:28 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

Eddie and I have been talking, trying to work a solution out.

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Toy Maker

User avatar

Puppet Master

Posts: 6385

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Post Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:02 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

BrianT wrote:Eddie and I have been talking, trying to work a solution out.

Brian.


=D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

weitrhino

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1127

Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:40 am

Location: North Carolina

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

I'm planning on coming, and bringing a system although I'm not sure which days or exactly how many. We'll be moving this summer so a lot of things are up in the air. The good news is my beautiful wife is actually encouraging me to go! \:D/
<<

BrianT

User avatar

Pair of Silver Sevens

Posts: 1304

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Location: Ottawa, Canada

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:46 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

treitz3 wrote:OK folks, I hate to be a thorn in your rose but here is how it is......

Those who have claimed a cabin as of the first page of last years thread is what cabin they get. No ifs, ands or buts. Seniority rules, at least in this aspect.

Those who have stayed in the cabin the prior year gets the cabin this year. BrianT, I'm sorry but unfortunately we will have to make other arrangements for you and your wife. We will be more than willing to accommodate you in another cabin to your liking.

Let it be known, it will NOT be first come first serve at will until we say so. Right now we are still in the planning stages trying to figure out logistics and appropriate accommodations for everybody involved.

For those that want to stay the entire 10 days? post on this thread and let either me or James know what cabin you would like to stay in. Just so you know, this will NOT guarantee the cabin you are staying in but we will bend over backwardsand give you the shirt off our backs to make it happen for you.

For those who would like to stay other times, we will neeed to know ASAP in order to plan the best accomodations for you. If you have an individual request? Let me know ASAP so that I can plan accordingly.


Ok to try and keep peace, Tom & Tom and my self have talked. We have agreed to move if we can find a empty cabin.
I phoned Watershed today and found Watershed 11 was empty, it is not on the RED list at the front of the post, so I booked it.

We will be there 14th to 20th Sept 2010, Watershed 11 Brian & Pat (BrianT) Tom (thufman03) Tom (beemers417) :D

So Eddie Watershed 7 is all yours.

See you there Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Posts: 2417

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Location: So Cal

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:55 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

Eddie, as we talked about, I am calling dibs on Jesse's room (if he doesn't come) for the last 6 days (If you don't have someone for the whole time).

A long sentence but it says what it has to. If available I want the downstairs as my wife has agreed to come this year.

Thank you.
<<

Toy Maker

User avatar

Puppet Master

Posts: 6385

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

Ok, I am very glad to hear you guys worked everythng out !!! =D>

I went ahead and updated the 1st post to show the new changes
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

kingman

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 5532

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Location: Upstate South Carolina

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:41 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

BrianT wrote:
treitz3 wrote:OK folks, I hate to be a thorn in your rose but here is how it is......

Those who have claimed a cabin as of the first page of last years thread is what cabin they get. No ifs, ands or buts. Seniority rules, at least in this aspect.

Those who have stayed in the cabin the prior year gets the cabin this year. BrianT, I'm sorry but unfortunately we will have to make other arrangements for you and your wife. We will be more than willing to accommodate you in another cabin to your liking.

Let it be known, it will NOT be first come first serve at will until we say so. Right now we are still in the planning stages trying to figure out logistics and appropriate accommodations for everybody involved.

For those that want to stay the entire 10 days? post on this thread and let either me or James know what cabin you would like to stay in. Just so you know, this will NOT guarantee the cabin you are staying in but we will bend over backwardsand give you the shirt off our backs to make it happen for you.

For those who would like to stay other times, we will neeed to know ASAP in order to plan the best accomodations for you. If you have an individual request? Let me know ASAP so that I can plan accordingly.


Ok to try and keep peace, Tom & Tom and my self have talked. We have agreed to move if we can find a empty cabin.
I phoned Watershed today and found Watershed 11 was empty, it is not on the RED list at the front of the post, so I booked it.

We will be there 14th to 20th Sept 2010, Watershed 11 Brian & Pat (BrianT) Tom (thufman03) Tom (beemers417) :D

So Eddie Watershed 7 is all yours.

See you there Brian.

Oh my........................ #-o
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.