FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 am

Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:48 pm

The following is a quote from the first post......

Watershed 11 (Main host cabin) Treitz3 [upstairs BR]
Now, what was not included was that Kingman and his lovely wife will be staying with us in the downstairs bedroom.

Dude, WS11 is the main host cabin. ](*,)

Tell you what.......from now on, in order to stop confusion and cabin arrangements? All cabin arrangements will be made BY ME! Please do not call the cabins and make arrangements as they will not be honored, it will only cause the rates to go up in the future due to having to do more work on their end. Toymaker and I placed the reservation on all of the WS cabins so all of the cabins are ours. I will approve the folks that plan on renting the cabins and pass it on to the cabins for rental from now on. At that point, you may reserve your cabin and pay your deposit.....or pay in full.

That said, Brian, Tom and Tom, I love all of you like a brother but I have to tell you that you will not be staying in that cabin either. I'm not trying to be a pain in the ass here but you just choose the main host cabin. ](*,)

Tell you what, this new job has got me working some CRAZY ass hours during the week. This weekend, let's all get together either on the phone or through PM's. There is no need for anybody to get upset or their feathers ruffled, we just need to make some minor adjustments.

This weekend, I will make a sticky for all to read concerning cabin reservations so that there is nobody having to go through what you fellas have gone through this week. For my lack of attention on this matter, I apologize profusely. I honestly did not know that Carverfest would get as big as it has and I wasn't really anticipating these kinds of issues.

I'm human, can you forgive me? :-s
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2010 !! DEADLINE AUG 24 !!!

BrianT wrote:We will be there 14th to 20th Sept 2010, Watershed 11 Brian & Pat (BrianT) Tom (thufman03) Tom (beemers417) :D

So Eddie Watershed 7 is all yours.

See you there Brian.

Hey Tom, isn't cabin 11 the host cabin where you stay?

Where will I go for dinner?

Frank.
<<

ArthurFromCanada

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Hey Folks,

Not to get in the middle of this - I certainly haven't earned my stripes to really be in this discussion, however, I think a nice clean Excel spreadsheet would really help solve the logistics problem, including cabin reservations, length of stay and payment (paid and still owing).

I could create one for the group and send it over this weekend, if you are interested. Then it's just a matter of updating it along the way.

Art
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:00 pm

Art, I appreciate it but I don't think you fathom what a big undertaking planning an event like this is. The first year was easy. We learned a little bit for the second year, planned accordingly and had a blast. The third year had good intentions but still wasn't quite as good as year two, partly because of the economy and partly because we decided to switch things up to make certain aspects a little easier for the organizers.

We have learned how to mold and adapt the best way we can and to be honest with you? We just don't have the time to "train" you [if you will] on what actually goes on behind the scenes. There is a LOT more than one might think that goes into the equation.

This incident is just the start. Improper planning and communication on my part is what led to it. Come Monday, this situation will not happen again. I have had time to think, I have consulted the "CF team" and all will be well again concerning cabin reservations. This was just a hiccup I wasn't anticipating. Shit happens. ](*,)

Thank you for your most generous offer but adding another person into the planning equation could make things ten times messier than it has become this week. IIRC, I had over 1000 minutes on my phone just for the second CF in one month, and it takes months to properly plan an event like this. #-o

Thank you again and I DO mean it, but no thanks. :wink:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:03 pm

frankieD wrote:Where will I go for dinner?
The outhouse. :D

<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:09 pm

Re: The following is a quote from the first post......

treitz3 wrote:
Watershed 11 (Main host cabin) Treitz3 [upstairs BR]
N
Dude, WS11 is the main host cabin. ](*,)

Toymaker and I placed the reservation on all of the WS cabins so "technically", all of the cabins are ours.

:-s

Tom,

CASH talk's I talked Watershead today, they took my cash. So you could not have placed a reservation on all the cabins, as they want a 50% deposit.
Did you pay a 50% deposit on all the cabins, if so I owe you money. I will have to get it back from Watershed as I have paid in FULL.

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Brian, that's the main host cabin that started it all. I'm sorry, but if I were to let you stay there? You will be the sole cause of FUBAR'n the entire event. None of us want that.

Please read the first post on this thread. Please re-read the posts that say that the folks that have had the cabins in previous years, well.....they get first dibs. Had you read the plans to begin with? We wouldn't be having this discussion.

The deposit transfer or reimbursement is not an issue. We'll make sure that you are taken care of. Let's just plan this out as intended and move on.....shall we?

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:56 pm

Just an update on my part.Janice and I are planning on being there for the entire fest,,I'm bringing a rig,,Watershed 1 is where we will be,,NO,, I have not put down any money,,as I and others typically do so as the event draws near.I honor the requests' or "dibs" on the cabins as noted on the first page,, that is how it works here. Tom or James,,please put my name/cabin in red please,, as I do not want any hassles. Thanks.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:49 pm

Jesus Christ....... I don't get the big deal here....
Tom, you won't even be there that long... I think the MAIN cabins should be held by all the peole that plan to be there the full 10 days, and the "straglers" ( 9 or less days ) get whatever cabins are available the days they plan to stay ?!?!?

Why rent the main cabin if it's going to be EMPTY 1/2 the time ???
I think if you are in one of the main cabins you HAVE TO BE THERE THE FULL 10 DAYS !

I'm out of it ! You guys figure it out !!! :rolleyes:

I don't care at all what cabins we are in. I'd like to take 10 if the climb up that fucking hill wasn't so bad.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:05 am

bring a 4 wheeler James. The jog up that hill is not that bad. :)
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 am

Who the confirmed that we wouldn't be there the full 10 days?

JHC, its January. I gotta put up with this shit until September? ](*,)

What the fuck is it about people that can't comprehend the fact that those folks that had a cabin the prior year gets priority. It's even posted on the FIRST post of the thread that WS11 was to be treitz3's and WS7 is to be F1nut's/Eddies. Quit fucking with me and adhere to the god damn rules. I gotta go to work.

I've been trying to be nice and polite up until now. :evil:

<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Tom, I called down there today and they have no clue what is going on.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Hey Tom, how's it going. :rolleyes:

When was the last time you had your chain yanked?

I'm thinking it's NOW :-"

But you pissed me off when you posted.
treitz3 wrote:OK folks, I hate to be a thorn in your rose but here is how it is......

Those who have claimed a cabin as of the first page of last years thread is what cabin they get. No ifs, ands or buts. Seniority rules, at least in this aspect.

I HATE being dictated to, I get enough of that in my day to day life. I do not need it from a BUDDY of mine.

All it would have taken is a phone call, and NOT "The dictator in you coming out" you do have my phone #, and if you have lost it
all you had to do was PM me for it.

Eddie and I talked on the phone, I'm easy, and so are the other guy's (did not want to upset the apple cart) we agreed to move. I phoned Watershed and made arrangement for our group to move to
WATERSHEAD 2 not Watershed 11.

SO WATERSHED 11 IS ALL YOURS \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

What started out as a CHAIN yank, got a little larger that I thought it would, have a cold one or two, site back and relax.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 pm

Tom, You were punked! It was set to go until Saturday. I love you man!( Not as much as Frankie though) :lol:
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:34 pm

Hope you did not get too upset Tom. Come down to Watershed 2 during CF and I will pour you one of my Long Island Iced Teas and we all will have a laugh about the whole thing.

I can't wait to see all of you guys and gals at CF2010!

BTW, BrianT will be bringing down his Bob Carver tube amp he got and we can all sit around and listen to this wonderful amp!
Some cool Carver stuff!
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010