FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:32 am

Meals at CF '10

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:40 am

Re: Meals at CF '10

BillD wrote:I used to be built like a Greek got, now I look like Zorba the Greek. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:28 am

Well this thread went NO-WHERE this year.

Everyone can fend for themselves for the most part, and if anyone wants me to cook a dinner, we could do a $5.00 per head type thing ?!?
I love cooking Italian... Chicken Parm, Lasagnas, Spaghetti & Meatballs....
But feeding 30-40 ain't ganna be cheap !!!

Either way, I don't care... I know I'M GANNA BE EATIN' !!!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

kingman

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:34 am

we could do a $5.00 per head type thing ?!?
James...could you send me a sample of the spaghetti and meatballs for evaluation purposes???? :-s Maybe send a big serving and we could start a road trip evaluation on your cooking???? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:56 am

Cooking it will be no problem... but by the time I got it boxed up and mailed out, the shit would be green, and we'd already be planning CF 2011 :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:02 pm

Hehe.

I think at this point, a gathering at the dinner table with everybody who attends still can happen. That said, it will not happen like it has in the past, obviously. We will figure out who is cooking [and what] when we get there, unless you volunteer here in this thread.

$5.00 per head per dinner would be about the going rate we had at prior CF's but this time we will not be purchasing bulk prior to CF, so the meals obviously will not be Prime Rib and the like. Everyone is always welcome to choose to feed themselves but don't for one minute think that we will have enough food for everybody who can't chip in for their part to eat. That said, if you want to eat with the group at the communal dinner each evening [at WS11], bring the dough.

skip wrote:Sounds like a good plan to me Tom. It also allows buying in bulk before the event which means more grub for the buck and fewer last minute trips to Bryson City for supplies when there is music to be heard.
This is a quote from Skip WAyyyyyyyyyYYYY back in the planning stages of this thread.

Obviously, unless we get on the ball [and QUICK like] trips to the market will come often and that is just plain bullshit for the poor sap who has to go and get the food. They have to spend their own gas money, usually get nothing but a "thank you" from one or two people, they have to spend at least 45 minutes with possibly up to an hour and 1/2 on the road just to get to the markets. Then they have to spend the time to shop for everyone.

Usually this is a 2-3 hour trip just for a meal that they will spend 20 minutes eating. That sucks. It sucks even worse if they have to help cook the meal because that is WAY too much time away from the festivities.....which is the sole reason we are there to begin with.

Just an FYI, with 10-15 less than we have coming this year, our original bill 2 years ago for the initial purchase of food was over $2,300.00 with another $700.00 trip later and a couple of other couple of hundred dollar trips in between. That's a lot of traveling for those that shopped. That was also a well executed and well planned meal ticket to help streamline things.

I'll put it to you this way. I'm not [nor are the planners of Carverfest] going shopping at all this year unless we get on the ball and pre-plan some shit. This is our [the planners of CF] vacation as well. We will be enjoying our vacation and we will not worry one iota if folks go hungry because they did not plan in advance.

As of right now we have two meals planned. #-o
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:49 pm

treitz3 wrote:As of right now we have two meals planned. #-o

And from what I see, no funds (or commitments from anyone) to cover any of them ](*,)

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:23 pm

I sent a pm to you Tom last week & you James 3 days ago but so far no response.

WTF ?

I will help but I need your feedback.

Don't make me come to your house in my Prius.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:50 pm

OOooooooooooo, baby...I'm waiting!

I know, I know. Usually there is chatter behind the scenes to get the discussion going but so far, what you have mentioned is it. The only other thing is that we have a restaurateur that can purchase things wholesale.

Yeah, just a little tidbit of information for you guys who will discover when you get there that the local McDonald's is a 1/2 hour round trip and if you want pizza? HA! Give it up unless you want to drive an hour or two only to find out they are closed. You know what? I don't give a flying fuck anymore Frankie. If folks want to discover the food/drink/ice angle by themselves when they get there? Eh, more power to them. All I know is I ain't going shopping for jack shit except myself and those who organize beforehand.

Jeeeez, the closest Walmart/Sam's Club is almost a 3 hour round trip after shopping........... ](*,)

Fuck it, fuck it, fuck it. They'll learn.

I have said my peace. That's all for now. If anybody wants to get the ball rolling? More power to you. If it picks up? I'll join back in but for now? Fuck it. I know I'll be eating good.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:21 am

There is a greasy pizza joint in town...on the way to the grocery store. I'd never eat there though.

Walmart...that brings back bad memories....

GPS, "You have arrived at your destination, Wal-mart on left."
Jesse, "Eddie, it's a fucking cow field!!!"
GPS, "Wal-mart on left."
Jesse, "Eddie, it's a fucking cow field!!!"
Eddie, "Hmmmmm"
Jesse, "Get me the fuck outta here!"
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Pat is willing to cook a turkey or 2 (would need to use oven in another cabin for 2rd turkey) for Friday or Saturday night.
The rest of you guys would have to supply the fix in's

Let me know who would be in.

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

kingman

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:36 pm

BrianT wrote:Pat is willing to cook a turkey or 2 (would need to use oven in another cabin for 2rd turkey) for Friday or Saturday night.
The rest of you guys would have to supply the fix in's

Let me know who would be in.

Brian.

Turkey and dressing...NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT!!!!! =D> =D> =D> I'm in!!!
<<

kingman

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 pm

I know I'll be eating good.
Amen Bro!!!! ...Looks like another road trip for us!!!!! It would be nice if we could come to an agreement on $$$. That's always the hardest part. Everyone needs to open up and give. It's not just about U!!!! I'll pitch in if I can get a couple of people to step up to the plate. COMMMMM ON!!!! OK....I'll donate $100 for the meals...anyone else???? :-s :-s :-s
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:00 pm

kingman wrote:
I know I'll be eating good.
Amen Bro!!!! ...Looks like another road trip for us!!!!! It would be nice if we could come to an agreement on $$$. That's always the hardest part. Everyone needs to open up and give. It's not just about U!!!! I'll pitch in if I can get a couple of people to step up to the plate. COMMMMM ON!!!! OK....I'll donate $100 for the meals...anyone else???? :-s :-s :-s

The cost of the Turkey or Turkeys is on us.

Wayne is in, who else.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:01 pm

Brian, I'm in. What can I do?

I will be stopping at Sam's club to pick up some wine & breakfast stuff for myself. If that helps let me know.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010