It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:51 am

Meals at CF '10

<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Re: Meals at CF '10

I'm in too.

Just let us know what direction we are going in. I can make some mashed potatoes for the turkeys.

We can do some chicken and steaks too. Maybe a beef or pork brisket also. I can make up some veggies to cook on the grill. We do have a grill there yes?
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:17 am

kingman wrote:
I know I'll be eating good.
Amen Bro!!!! ...Looks like another road trip for us!!!!! It would be nice if we could come to an agreement on $$$. That's always the hardest part. Everyone needs to open up and give. It's not just about U!!!! I'll pitch in if I can get a couple of people to step up to the plate. COMMMMM ON!!!! OK....I'll donate $100 for the meals...anyone else???? :-s :-s :-s

Tom,

I am not going to be real mobile from a chef standpoint, but I will surely open up my billfold. I am in for a $100 also. Will only be there the nights of the 16th, 17th and 18th with a departure on the 19th. However, that is a small price to pay for a couple of great meals and the ability to sit around the table and BS with fellow members I have never met before. I closed my Paypal account when I found out I had cancer just before I left for Johns Hopkins. However, PM your address and I will drop a check in the mail the same day.

I am in with Kingman!

Don

PM sent to Tom
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:44 pm

frankieD wrote:Brian, I'm in. What can I do?

Frankie.

Happy to have with us, may be you can arrange with another member
to work out the veg's and beverages. (Turkey's on us)

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:56 pm

You guys know what I can do! So if anyone needs some help I always got a set of knives handy! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 pm

Yeah, don't piss off Eddie, those knives are sharp!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:02 pm

Don wrote:
kingman wrote:
I know I'll be eating good.
Amen Bro!!!! ...Looks like another road trip for us!!!!! It would be nice if we could come to an agreement on $$$. That's always the hardest part. Everyone needs to open up and give. It's not just about U!!!! I'll pitch in if I can get a couple of people to step up to the plate. COMMMMM ON!!!! OK....I'll donate $100 for the meals...anyone else???? :-s :-s :-s

Tom,

I am not going to be real mobile from a chef standpoint, but I will surely open up my billfold. I am in for a $100 also. Will only be there the nights of the 16th, 17th and 18th with a departure on the 19th. However, that is a small price to pay for a couple of great meals and the ability to sit around the table and BS with fellow members I have never met before. I closed my Paypal account when I found out I had cancer just before I left for Johns Hopkins. However, PM your address and I will drop a check in the mail the same day.

I am in with Kingman!

Don

PM sent to Tom

Thanks Don!!!! Good to see some participation... will see ya there!!!! COME ON GUYS!!!! LET'S GET THE STEAKS GOING!!!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:44 pm

OK, this is more like it. I'll pitch in and provide another $100.00 to the food fund. We still need more folks to step up to the plate though.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

kingman

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:22 pm

We sure could use a few more of you guys and girls to open up and help us have a couple of "SUPER" meals!!! I'm only gonna be there 3 or 4 nights but I do like a relaxed atmosphere, good conversation, cold beer, and GOOD EATS!!!!
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:43 pm

kingman wrote:We sure could use a few more of you guys and girls to open up and help us have a couple of "SUPER" meals!!! I'm only gonna be there 3 or 4 nights but I do like a relaxed atmosphere, good conversation, cold beer, and GOOD EATS!!!!

Wayne.

As I have said. Turkey is on us, going to be on Saturday night. (Pat cooks a good turkey)

Only had 4 people to say that they are IN, hoped to get a lot more.

Brian
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

kingman

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:18 pm

BrianT wrote:
kingman wrote:We sure could use a few more of you guys and girls to open up and help us have a couple of "SUPER" meals!!! I'm only gonna be there 3 or 4 nights but I do like a relaxed atmosphere, good conversation, cold beer, and GOOD EATS!!!!

Wayne.

As I have said. Turkey is on us, going to be on Saturday night. (Pat cooks a good turkey)

Brian
...I appreciate it Brian and I certainly love the turkey and dressing. I'm in for it but Saturday night will be mine and Tammy's last night and I know that we usually have the combined dinner in WS 11......
Last edited by kingman on Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:25 pm

BrianT wrote:

Wayne.

Brian

Brian I believe I am one of the four. I will bring the wine !!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:57 pm

pay there?
or is somebody collecting now?
put me in for a 100.00$
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:06 pm

5 people stepping up to the plate so far?

Pfffft.

That's complete bullshit. I guess we'll be eating well. #-o

The rest of ya'? Well, you have been warned. You already know about the shopping, you already know how much of a burden it puts on the organizers. You already know my attitude......

Fuck it,
Fuck it,
Fuck it,

I know we will be eating well. The rest of you are on your own besides the two communicably dinners planned. Next year we will make it mandatory due to the extra crap that the host cabins have to endure out of pocket to make this happen.

Happy Pop-Tarts and microwave crap to you all.....that is, if you bring it....'cause we ain't supplying it on this budget. That's right. I said it. =;
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:26 pm

treitz3 wrote:I know we will be eating well. The rest of you are on your own besides the two communicably dinners planned. Next year we will make it mandatory due to the extra crap that the host cabins have to endure out of pocket to make this happen.

Tom,

I was not aware that was 2 communicably dinners planed, Wayne say's one is normally the Saturday night (his last night & mine) is that correct.
If you want, we can do Turkey on Saturday for 20/30 people all that would have to be arranged would be the vegetables. (we are just trying to help out)

If not we can move it to Friday, so every body that want's to come to the community dinner on Saturday can.

We will be picking up groceries on the way in, and eating very well.

Later Brian.
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 pm

ok. so let me be clear on what i am doing. the friday that i drive up, i will have pizza's that i half cooked to finish cooking there so they will be hot. with that said, a head count would be nice so i know how many pie's to bring. also, i will bring a ribeye or two, 10-20 lbs of beef, hamburger buns, gallon cans of green beans, corn, peas. also could bring pudding, and cheddar cheese sauce. angel hair, fettucinni, regular noodles, alfredo sauce, meatsauce, meatballs, and chicken breast marinated. sub rolls and cold cuts could be added as well. i could really go on and on, but i am sure that just the first few items will exceed the hundred that most have talked about. so, that is what i am thinking. beer could also be brought, it roughly costs $25 per case of bottle beer if remember right(could be wrong, i will check). what is the group thinking?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010