It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:07 am

What gear are you bringing?

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 am

Re: What gear are you bringing?

Tom,

Since I will not bringing any speakers, just amps, you are more than welcome to put the 75 though it's paces. I will give you a buzz after check in. Just need some help getting these puppies out of the car. Way to heavy for my wife Terri, who weighs in at 113lbs. AJ has so kindly offered to assist.

Don
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm looking forward to finally hearing the TFM-75. I've heard just about everything Carver, but that one has eluded me.

you did get the PM that I sent the 2400 to ya?

really want to hear these side by side.....

I just had to bring something.... :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:51 pm

Yes, I did. Should be here tomorrow if memory serves...

That should be an interesting shootout. =D>
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:01 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I have (2) 200x5's, a 300x2, a PT-2400, Silver-7t's, Lightstar 300x2's, Silver-6's, Silver-7's
but no 400x5's :(

I don't really plan on bringing a bunch of extra gear this year. We blew our load last year.
If you really want to hear something above, let me know now.

ALL TUBES AMPS STAY IN CABIN-12 IF ANYONE WANTS TO HEAR THEM ON THEIR SPEAKERS,
YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR TOYS TO CABIN 12. THE AMPS COST MORE THAN YOUR SPEAKERS, DEAL WITH IT.

i would love to hear the lightstar amp. the sevens are another set that would be awesome to hear, although they would require a whole lot more work in moving them.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah, maybe this year we can actually have them hooked up to a source worthy of the amplifiers....That's right, I said it.

:-"
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:05 pm

I have a feeling Toymaker is going to post some bullshit in the next 5 minutes......

:-p

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:06 pm

i will also be bringing a audio control sa-3050a version 2.1 rta, a small scope and tone generator. maybe a set of small speakers with ribbons and 6.5's as well as a digital time lens box.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:08 pm

treitz3 wrote:Yeah, maybe this year we can actually have them hooked up to a source worthy of the amplifiers....That's right, I said it. :-"

Didn't we hook that shitty CD player of yours up to them last year ??
As I recall that CDP sounded like total ASS... :lol:

angelod307 wrote:i would love to hear the lightstar amp. the sevens are another set that would be awesome to hear, although they would require a whole lot more work in moving them.

Guess the CAPS weren't big enough...
ALL TUBES AMPS STAY IN CABIN-12 IF ANYONE WANTS TO HEAR THEM ON THEIR SPEAKERS,
YOU HAVE TO BRING YOUR TOYS TO CABIN 12. THE AMPS COST MORE THAN YOUR SPEAKERS, DEAL WITH IT.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Yeah, that was two years ago and that was definitely one bad synergy right there. Can't explain why, but I agree. That sounded like shit. ](*,)

We'll hook you up with something this year that has good synergy with your rig.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 am

Well with a little luck--I'll be bringing a Nightshade audio "Beacon II" preamplifier for us to get our ears on.I have signed up for an audition and it looks like it's gonna be here in time to bring it--it's a 6SN7 based pre--should be fun.

Here's a link--don't let the looks fool you :D

http://sites.google.com/site/niteshadea ... amplifiers
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:39 am

That's a simple sweet lookin pre!!! Looking forward to hearing it. What speakers you bring?? Same as last year? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:42 am

Different speakers than last years,, similar,but better lower and high end extension,,a modded Wright pre,,a pair of Quicksilver monoblocs,,heavily modded Adcom DAC,,and the Beacon,, hopefully this system will sound good to yall,,it does to me.I would like to bring my vinyl front end,,but ain't gonna do it(my wife packs for a month) so I won't have enough room,,but hey,, this should be a fun rig.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:56 am

Zoot Horn wrote:Different speakers than last years,, similar,but better lower and high end extension,,a modded Wright pre,,a pair of Quicksilver monoblocs,,heavily modded Adcom DAC,,and the Beacon,, hopefully this system will sound good to yall,,it does to me.I would like to bring my vinyl front end,,but ain't gonna do it(my wife packs for a month) so I won't have enough room,,but hey,, this should be a fun rig.

Sounds like it!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:54 pm

I am really pumped about the Beacon-- this guys takes the "old school" minimalistic approach.
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:23 am

The Beacon ships tomorrow--hopefully I'll have it in time for the fest as I'm leaving on friday--did you guys see the weather forecast-- woo-hoo :D
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010