<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:55 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Wayne, next year, she'll still be Lynda in my heart..... :D

Love ya', mean it, bye!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:31 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
Magic_Physicist wrote:How did this get to be on the east coast??

I figured I should ask so I don't have to read every post here since you started :lol:

Hell I can't imagine ever going all the way to north or south Carolina :?

I went to NYC and Jersey back in 1984 but that is as close as I have ever been.

Funny thing is my family on Dad's side came over to WA State back in the early 1900's from Cleveland S Carolina and hundreds of them still live back there (I don't know any of them)

When ever I think of Bob I think of Lynwood WA.....not Carolina :lol:

(ok I better sneak into bed before the wife starts bitchin' at me since it is about 3:30am here)

Unfortunately, this is held in NORTH Carolina. Confusing that with SOUTH CAROLINA shows ignorance.
Still, it is near the border and a great area of America.

BOB CARVER has no problem with it, so why do you ?

Come on down and I will share some Kosher wine and beer with you.

OO

Well SC Judah "ignorance" is something you will never see coming from me 8)

I did see my typo of putting the "S" in front of Carolina instead of the "N" but I was just saying where my family came from about 100 years ago.

And since you live in SC you should have known I meant NC since that is where Cleveland is (and no I don't mean Ohio)

Hell I watched every youtube video and read about that much 8) here so I knew it is in NC

But I rarely travel these days and I think if I do that again it will be in my car since my last couple times at the airports made me want to punch a security jackass for searching the wife and I like we look Iranian :rolleyes:

(btw I chop the beard off when I fly so it wasn't that and my wife is a 5ft 5" tall blonde)

Not to mention they won't let me fly with my Desert Eagle :lol:

I live too far away from either Carolina to make that trip.....do one of those google or yahoo maps from my place to where you live and you will see I would have to live in Alaska to be farther away.

And I still think of Bob as that younger version with hair on his head and being back in Seattle and Lynwood!

But if I ever go back there I expect you to show me any Kosher restaurant in SC....or NC :D

Hell only ONE typo from an old timer isn't bad considering it was 3:30am.......and better this time since it is only 2:30am

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:13 am

Thread revival!!!

Ok, next question......a vehicle was damaged at Carverfest one year. Who's car was it, who hit it and what cabin was in front of?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:39 am

Re: 747 fly-by apparently...........

frankieD wrote:
treitz3 wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:
He wants to be the "President" how can a PART TIME CarverFest attendee, be the President ???
Well hell, James. We have a full time president [the real one] that does more to degrade and embarrass the country for centuries to come than your so called "part timer". I think.....no I [b]know I'd rather have the part timer in office.[/b]Today and twice on every other day of the week.

Tom.. please leave George W out of it.... anyway he's not president anymore. As a Christiam you must forgive him for fucking up our country (I blame Cheny who obviously works for SATAN !!)

yeah, no.leave george alone because if that were the case, our current president hung around satin so much that before he was erected into office that he got a permanent tan from it. really, still talking junk about george. pres o has spent more money in the first year than george did his whole time there and we are still waiting for him to fix it.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:41 am

Should have be Bob's rental car the first year he came but we rescued it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:47 am

Hehe, you are right about that! :lol:

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:48 am

Toy Maker wrote:Someone almost got KILLED for touching Toms system ?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh, oh, i know this one....that ass needs to keep his sticky fingers to himself......
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 am

he,he,, fun with the Dodd remote--Tom,, that was priceless,,I suppose it's your turn. 8-[
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:06 pm

That was a good one!!

George, ya' got me on that one GOOD. You little stinker, you. Payback......it's coming bro'.

:D

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Re: Thread revival!!!

treitz3 wrote:Ok, next question......a vehicle was damaged at Carverfest one year. Who's car was it, who hit it and what cabin was in front of?

Thought that might have been the one of Toy stumbling and pitching your speaker into the air. I guess it did not hit your car - :lol:

That was a funny photo, but I can't find it.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:36 pm

No part of that was funny. We all felt bad for Tom and James. Tom's poor speaker and James feeling bad about it and his knee being torn up. No being a stick in the mud, just saying what we felt at the time.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:43 pm

engtaz wrote:No part of that was funny. We all felt bad for Tom and James. Tom's poor speaker and James feeling bad about it and his knee being torn up. No being a stick in the mud, just saying what we felt at the time.

the photo was funny -- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:02 pm

No, it's one of those things where you have empathy at the moment, but it gets funnier the more time passes. The picture really brings out the pathos of the situation.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:29 pm

BillD wrote:No, it's one of those things where you have empathy at the moment, but it gets funnier the more time passes. The picture really brings out the pathos of the situation.

I know. It happens to us all. At some point things like that are what humor legends are made of, and that was one for sure.

Someone post the photos - :lol:

It all worked out, no one is worse for it all, at this point. It is now just "legend" audio humor.

If I did it, no big deal, but a celebrity like James we all look up to makes it --> priceless.
<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Thread revival!!!

treitz3 wrote:Ok, next question......a vehicle was damaged at Carverfest one year. Who's car was it, who hit it and what cabin was in front of?

I don't know if it's the one you're referring to Tom, but a damaged car got fixed in my drive, post CF. It was one amazing fix job!

Maybe that will be a clue to someone...

Mark

PS...no not my car.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010