FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:32 pm

The Carverfest Knights

<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13258

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:17 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

It was Roy~ (engtaz) :D
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

engtaz

User avatar

"TAZ"

Posts: 5163

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:43 pm

Location: Tampa, FL

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:04 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Yes, I was soooooooooooo excited, all I could do was stand there and tell him how much I respected him and how thankful we all were to have him come. Then he told me about his car being stuck and I ran down to Toymakers cabin to enlist muscle to move the car. I told everyone he was here. They all looked like I was nuts. Then he walk in behind me and everyone got up to see him. This was my first CF. Wow
engtaz


Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:22 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Correct Gary! Ok, next question. Who was it that fell asleep over at Jesse and Eddies cabin [Not necessarily the first CF] and got awoken rather abruptly and by what?

Hint: I about peed in my pants from laughter.....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 13258

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am

Location: TN Native Languishing in VA

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Was it James, being teabagged by you?

:lol:
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:54 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Um, no. ](*,)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Eddie

User avatar

Eddie The Knife

Posts: 1647

Joined: Sun May 15, 2005 7:03 pm

Location: Valhalla! Expect me when you see me!

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:16 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

That had to be Ray with the pot and pan lids!!!! BY you!!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Yes it was! :D

Ray had fallen asleep lying down on the chair right beside the listening position and was stone cold out. The little devil in me made me walk into the kitchen to look for something to "clang" together to wake him up. I was able to find two really big metal covers for the two biggest pots that were in the cabin. Damn, I'm laughing as I type this. I walked up to Ray and bent over in front of him proceeding to draw them both back as far as they could go and WHAM!

The ringing would have woken up the dead and what cracked me up was the look on Ray's face. He had woken up in a matter of 1/10th of a second, mouth wide ass open [>>> :shock: <<< Just like this...] and hair standing straight up from the wind of the two tops clanging together at top speed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh, the unforgettable moments of Carverfest....... 8)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1777

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:00 am

Location: Bucyrus, Ohio

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

treitz3 wrote:Yes it was! :D

Ray had fallen asleep lying down on the chair right beside the listening position and was stone cold out. The little devil in me made me walk into the kitchen to look for something to "clang" together to wake him up. I was able to find two really big metal covers for the two biggest pots that were in the cabin. Damn, I'm laughing as I type this. I walked up to Ray and bent over in front of him proceeding to draw them both back as far as they could go and WHAM!

The ringing would have woken up the dead and what cracked me up was the look on Ray's face. He had woken up in a matter of 1/10th of a second, mouth wide ass open [>>> :shock: <<< Just like this...] and hair standing straight up from the wind of the two tops clanging together at top speed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh, the unforgettable moments of Carverfest....... 8)



I'm glad you reminded me. Payback's a bitch.......BITCH

bwaaahahahaha

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Shure V15 type IIIG cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Posts: 2416

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:38 pm

Location: So Cal

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:56 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Hey Ray, I'm so glad to hear from you. You haven't been posting lately.

I assume we will see you at the Fest.

Looking forward to it. Just remember don't cut my Pork !

(That ought to get those who weren't present curious, especially considering the....Prius)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

kingman

User avatar

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Posts: 5528

Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm

Location: Upstate South Carolina

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Magnaryder wrote:
treitz3 wrote:Yes it was! :D

Ray had fallen asleep lying down on the chair right beside the listening position and was stone cold out. The little devil in me made me walk into the kitchen to look for something to "clang" together to wake him up. I was able to find two really big metal covers for the two biggest pots that were in the cabin. Damn, I'm laughing as I type this. I walked up to Ray and bent over in front of him proceeding to draw them both back as far as they could go and WHAM!

The ringing would have woken up the dead and what cracked me up was the look on Ray's face. He had woken up in a matter of 1/10th of a second, mouth wide ass open [>>> :shock: <<< Just like this...] and hair standing straight up from the wind of the two tops clanging together at top speed. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahhh, the unforgettable moments of Carverfest....... 8)



I'm glad you reminded me. Payback's a bitch.......BITCH

bwaaahahahaha

ray
Attachments
Ray gets it!!!.JPG
Ray gets it!!!.JPG (1.22 MiB) Viewed 277 times
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Damn, I had no idea anybody got a photo of me in stealth mode before the attack. Just looking at it makes me about pee in my pants from laughter. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:43 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

OK, next question. Who had the first practical joke played on them and what was it?

I will offer hints after a couple of guesses.....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

User avatar

SILVER-7t

Posts: 1777

Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:00 am

Location: Bucyrus, Ohio

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:56 am

Re: The Carverfest Knights

treitz3 wrote:OK, next question. Who had the first practical joke played on them and what was it?

I will offer hints after a couple of guesses.....



Skip or Maxx/bunny record?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Shure V15 type IIIG cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

User avatar

Puppet Master

Posts: 6382

Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Pretty sure it was Skip !!

Image
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

User avatar

"Julian"
"Julian"

Posts: 7746

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Location: The tube lair in Charlotte, NC

Post Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:51 am

Re: The Carverfest Knights

Correct. I'm making these too easy on y'all. Ok, here's one that is blatantly obvious because of one clue but discovering the clue in the first place may elude you.......

Image

Question is: Most of us know who this is [For those that don't, it's Ray...AKA Magnaryder], but what cabin was he in and what system was he listening too when this photo was taken?

Good luck.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Powered by phpBB © 2011 phpBB Group.