FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:11 am

!!!!!!!Carverfest 2010 is less than 24 hours away!!!!!!!!!!!

<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:37 am

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 20 DAYS, LADIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

bsturgeon89 wrote:
Jag_97470 wrote:Man, it sounds like a lot of injuries coming to the fest this year. Good thing Brock is coming, he works in a medical lab. I'm sure he could run tests on your poop. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No thanks!!

I get my share all ready.

Besides....if you were coming there would be no point examining your poop!! I all ready know your diagnosis

We all know by your posting that you have SHIT FOR BRAINS! :lol:

:-k I must admit Brock, that was a good one! BURN! \:D/ Have fun at the fest buddy!
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:41 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
Jag_97470 wrote:Man, it sounds like a lot of injuries coming to the fest this year. Good thing Brock is coming, he works in a medical lab. I'm sure he could run tests on your poop. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My Bride is staying home to care for her WWII Pop.

Jag, unless you agree to show up as a roommate, my Tree House might go unoccupied I guess.
You live across the country, and I just live down the road from there, but from what I have picked up here - being in a Tree House is crap. I am by nature a hermit, but I can do that at home.

I never met anyone who is going, and I am kinda shy. My guess is that I would go there and spend most of my time wondering what is going on with my Beagle as I sat alone in a tree house. I know the scenery is great there cause I see it everyday - here.

OO

No reason to worry about being shy, the guys on this forum I'm sure can make anyone feel welcome. Sorry I can't make it this year, just can't afford it, and besides I would have to kick Brock's ass bringing the cops and all that drama, ya know. :lol: Just kidding. Hopefully next year. Have a great time and enjoy yourself! :D
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:01 am

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 21 DAYS, LADIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zoot Horn wrote:All-- it seems that I have torn the cartlidge in my left knee, and I am very immobile right now--that said-- depending on surgery I may not bring any gear,and may not come at all--I'll know more on Tuesday--I'll keep ya'll posted :(
Ouch! Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Man, I feel your pain. My best friend had done this to his knee and it wasn't pretty. We have known each other for 20 years now and we have only had two arguments. Both of those arguments happened right after his surgery. Like you, he liked the drugs but it didn't help all that much with the pain.

Definitely keep us posted and if there is anything I can do to help? You know how to reach me. Don't worry about the gear. That said, CF just won't be CF without you both. :(

[-o< [-o< [-o<
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:15 am

OconeeOrange wrote:My Bride is staying home to care for her WWII Pop.

Jag, unless you agree to show up as a roommate, my Tree House might go unoccupied I guess.
You live across the country, and I just live down the road from there, but from what I have picked up here - being in a Tree House is crap. I am by nature a hermit, but I can do that at home.

I never met anyone who is going, and I am kinda shy. My guess is that I would go there and spend most of my time wondering what is going on with my Beagle as I sat alone in a tree house. I know the scenery is great there cause I see it everyday - here.

OO
Bill, I am sorry to hear that the soon to be other half won't be making it. That's a bummer and best wishes to her Dad.

That said, come on out. The original Carverfest only had 14 folks that came. All 14 folks had never met each other before. You know what it was like? It was like we had known each other all of our lives and it was one of the best times I have had in my life. Those who were there, I can guarantee would say the same thing. It was only awkward for.........oh, about the first 20 minutes. Once we started talking about stereos and food? That was all she wrote. A brotherhood had formed and we were off. The rest is history.

There is absolutely no reason to be shy around this group. Over the years, we had met many more members [even non-members] and Carverfest has just grown from a small brotherhood to a big ol' family..........that is there to forget about life for a while, sit back, enjoy some tunes, great company, even better conversations, stellar gear and some damn fine eatin'.

OconeeOrange wrote: I know the scenery is great there cause I see it everyday - here.
You are forgetting the point. Part of the "scenery" is getting to hear systems and gear that you would otherwise NEVER have the chance to hear, all in one location. Plus, you get to meet Bob Carver and all of the other folks you have been chatting with. The forum is definitely a different place once you can associate a face and personality to the moniker.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:55 am

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 18 DAYS, LADIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom.... X 2

I missed the first Fest & I felt (like you) kind of uneasy when I showed up for the second.

I didn't know a soul and flew 3000 miles to meet a bunch of strangers. I was aprehensive at least.

Then I walked into the "main" cabin (11 I think) & immediatly found myself with a bunch of friends.

All the weird names on the computer screen had (weird?) people attached to them.

Acceptance was immediate & I felt at home instantly !

I didn't hesitate for the second Fest or for this one either.

Also meeting Bob was a great experience. He is beyond cool.

I suggest you show up. At the very least you get to meet Bob & Me.

I may even give you a ride in my Prius (if i get one this year). That car was the hit of last years fest.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Frank.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:06 pm

frankieD wrote:Tom.... X 2

I missed the first Fest & I felt (like you) kind of uneasy when I showed up for the second.

I didn't know a soul and flew 3000 miles to meet a bunch of strangers. I was aprehensive at least.

Then I walked into the "main" cabin (11 I think) & immediatly found myself with a bunch of friends.

All the weird names on the computer screen had (weird?) people attached to them.

Acceptance was immediate & I felt at home instantly !

I didn't hesitate for the second Fest or for this one either.

Also meeting Bob was a great experience. He is beyond cool.

I suggest you show up. At the very least you get to meet Bob & Me.

I may even give you a ride in my Prius (if i get one this year). That car was the hit of last years fest.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Frank.

I had never been and the first person I met was Roy(Entaz) then Bob Carver and James. After that it was all total acceptance and a fun time!!!! YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME!!!..there will be no time for sitting around by yourself....too many people to see!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:25 pm

I missed the first CF too,, fast forward to the second one,, my wife and I are walking around--and we find this other guy driving around,,apparently as confused as we were,, turns out to be Frankie,, so we find some cars parked off the side of the road,, and we amble on down the drive to the cabins--then POOF,, you are home,,IIRC the first person that Janice and I saw thar we knew(from a PF) was Jesse,,,since then,, these guys are like family,,and they treat you as such--as family of friends.
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 am

yaba-daba-do. i am almost excited. i won't lie, even nervous a bit. new faces, places and things to see and hear. this will be the first vacation that's about me and not the family.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 am

angelod307 wrote:yaba-daba-do. i am almost excited. i won't lie, even nervous a bit. new faces, places and things to see and hear. this will be the first vacation that's about me and not the family.

No angelod307, It's not always about you! I think it's more about Bob Carver? :-k
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Just messin, Have a great time!
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Did I miss it or hasn't the phone list been posted yet?

I could just be looking in the wrong thread
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:24 pm

bsturgeon89 wrote:Did I miss it or hasn't the phone list been posted yet?

yup you are. there is a list.
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:41 pm

angelod307 wrote:
bsturgeon89 wrote:Did I miss it or hasn't the phone list been posted yet?

yup you are. there is a list.

Gee....that was helpful :rolleyes:

GO BUCKEYES
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 am

viewtopic.php?f=149&t=12357

so, this is for the folks who have limited skills. hahahaha #-o
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:39 am

angelod307 wrote:http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=149&t=12357

so, this is for the folks who have limited skills. hahahaha #-o

My skills aren't limited (well maybe a little) but now I know whats going on.

I don't have access to that thread which would explain why I couldn't find it.

James or Tom......

Uh...would you please be so kind and grant me access so I can start prank calling everyone.

Open sesame

Thanks

GO BUCKEYES
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:13 am

Ur in, go post your info
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2010