It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:20 pm

Kudos to Tom (treitz3) for all of his time and effort

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:50 am

Kudos to Tom (treitz3) for all of his time and effort

Tom,

Just wanted to thank you for all of your time and effort put forth in coordination, logistics, etc. regarding Carverfest. Although this will be my first, I know what is involved in the planning and coordination of an event similar to this. A project such as this can take on a life of it's own.

We all appreciate everything you have done to put this together. I wanted to take this opportunity along with all others to thank you. There are always a few movers and shakers in every orgainization who go far beyond the call of duty to make things happen and you are definetely one of those. (although at your advanced age, not sure how much you move and shake anymore) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks from all of us, =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Don

Look forward to meeting up with everyone
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:55 am

Re: Kudos to Tom (treitz3) for all of his time and effort

Thank you Tom!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:07 am

Even though I'm not coming I do enjoy reading about the Fest and everything about it. As a onlooker I also thank Tom for keeping everyone up to date and posted on issues/updates. Thanks for all your hard work. \:D/
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:34 am

Thank you for all your hard work Tom!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:21 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Like Jag I won't be attending, but do appreciate all your hard work and information. Wish I could be there with y'all. Maybe next year. Hope someone will keep us, who won't be there, updated on the fest. And, as has been said before, without pictures it did not happen! So post us some photos so we can wish we could have been there. :D
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:26 am

Well, thank you. That was very kind. Since the first post about getting together and organizing such an event, Carverfest sure has come a long way. Every year, it seems as if we could not possibly top the one we had the year before. Each year, I am pleasantly surprised that is not the case. Each year brings it own uniqueness and I'm quite sure that at this year’s event, we will not be disappointed in the least.

Without all that attend, Carverfest would not be what it is. Many people go above and beyond the call of duty to make this event happen, most of which is behind the scenes. My good friends James and Dave deserve as much credit as I do to make this happen, for without their efforts we would have no forum that was the catalyst to get Carverfest launched in the first place. My hat goes off to them with many thanks.

While I'm not dismissing altogether all of the work I have done over the years [because it is a lot of work/planning/coordination], I guess I'm saying that I'm not the only one. I will say this though. It's worth every damned minute I spend on it! It has become an event that brings together the best of Bob's work, his fans and "the man himself"...all in one location. Not to mention the other stellar jewels of audio that just so happen to show up for all to hear.

Throughout the years, we have tried and tried to offer a live, streaming video of the happenings as the event unfolds. We have collectively come to the conclusion that live streaming won’t happen as it is just too difficult to get it done with limited internet access, trees blocking the signal path, equipment needed, limited funds, etc.

What we will try our best to do this year is have a thread dedicated to events and happenings that occur at CF, as they unfold. Anybody who is attending is welcome to chime in and offer what they have observed throughout the day [everyday]. Of course, this all depends on the connectivity to the internet but as I mentioned, we will try our best. Those that are not attending will be welcomed to chime in with questions or comments so long as the internet connection is up.

I am very proud of what Carverfest has become and I hope that when I pass, Carverfest will be a tradition that will carry on for many a decade helping to keep Bob’s legacy alive and kicking.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Like Jag I won't be attending, but do appreciate all your hard work and information. Wish I could be there with y'all. Maybe next year. Hope someone will keep us, who won't be there, updated on the fest. And, as has been said before, without pictures it did not happen! So post us some photos so we can wish we could have been there. :D

treitz3 wrote:What we will try our best to do this year is have a thread dedicated to events and happenings that occur at CF, as they unfold. Anybody who is attending is welcome to chime in and offer what they have observed throughout the day [everyday].

As of now there is a Face Book for CARVERFEST!!!

The User name is: CarverFest@aim.com
The password is: Carver
Both are case sensitive!!

I made a Face Book for CarverFest because, almost all cellphones come with it installed on them!! Just type in the user name and password and upload any pix u take with your phones!!! I also use Face Book alot and will be posting my pictures there instead of saving them on my laptop which is almost full!!!
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks Tom,, what did you do?

JK-- see you guys soon,, and thanks for doing what you do,,whatever that is. :-#
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:38 pm

Tom is the man , put him in charge of the CF shirts...!!!!
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:00 am

Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:31 pm

mbskeam wrote:Image

Damn, you can't post that too often.
I need to post that on my blog.

I agree as I have had experience in Charlotte where Tom lives.
I have put on many foot races from 1 mile to 50 miles. It is a hell of a job. No way I could have done it all alone. To be honest, you work your ass off, and 99% of feedback is negative telling you personal problems, not solutions.

Looking back, always ordered more shirts than were called for.
So, to that end, have many in the attic and will mail one to any who got left out of CARVER shirts. Runners are skinny, so the XXL are now worn by me, but have a lot of mediums left for that cute Bride you have.

OO

Thanks to all who put on CarverFest -
Eager to help out but will need guidance -

Agent Orange
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:28 pm

[quote="OconeeOrange"]

Thanks to all who put on CarverFest -
Eager to help out but will need guidance -

You need guidance? Sorry Bill, I still don't think there is anyone on this forum that is willing to tell you the place and address of Carverfest 2011. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good try though. :D
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:37 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:

You need guidance? Sorry Bill, I still don't think there is anyone on this forum that is willing to tell you the place and address of Carverfest 2011. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Good try though. :D

I am OK with that.
Actually, I know where the place is.
I can put my tent up in the forest and save a bundle.
Surely some here will invite me in to party.

OO
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:03 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
Surely some here will invite me in to party.

OO

All you need is Beer - and stop calling us Shirley :lol: :lol: :lol:
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:53 am

SO LETS GET THE RESERVATIONS DONE FOR CARVERFEST 2011!!! IM ALL SET, WAITING FOR THE OK TO BOOK A TREEHOUSE!!! VACATION IS ALL SET UP, JUST WAITING TO PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT!! CANT WAIT!!! :-) BRING IT ON!!
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 2010