It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:37 pm

The NEW 2012 "ALS" Concept - Design - Production

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:05 am

Re: The NEW 2010 "ALS" Concept - Design - Product

I dunno. I heard a speaker [forgot what kind] a decade or so ago that had a line array much like the ones Bob's building and I was surprised at the low frequency output. Some of the sharpest, cleanest bass I've heard to date as well. I can't wait to hear the concept.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:22 am

Don't get me wrong; I'm not crapping on them....just will be surprised~

SURPRISE ME, JAMES!! :D
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:14 am

I would expect about the save level of bass a set of Platinums produced.
In my opinion I always thought they needed a sub as well.
Those that are used to alot of bass will want a sub...
the rest should be plenty happy with the amount of bass they will produce.

I can't wait to see the Active Tube EQ he is working on for them !!! =D>
They are going to have VERY MINIMAL passive components, the majority of the equalization will be done prior to the amplifier.
and the EQ will also have a subwoofer output/option. If and when you add a sub, the EQ for the speakers will change to a 3 way system. (or something like that)
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:20 am

treitz3 wrote: I can't wait to hear the concept.

Screw that man... I cannot wait to own them!

Will there be a Carver Financial Services division to finance them? \:D/ :-"
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:32 pm

A lot of Polk speakers produce very low frquency bass with only 4- 6.5" drivers but, they also use a large passive radiator too. I was always amazed at the bass levels produed by the aluminum bodied Minimus 7s by Rat Shack with only a 3.5" "woofer". The VM series looks a bit similar in overall shape, if not driver choice and arrangement. My little VM-20 puts out surprising bass for such a small cabinet. Can't wait to see the finished prototype! \:D/

http://www.polkaudio.com/homeaudio/vm/index.php?s=vm30

center-vm-large.jpg
center-vm-large.jpg (15.57 KiB) Viewed 280 times

TNRabbit wrote:I understand the math & what the total numbers are, I just find it hard to believe ANY number of tiny-ass drivers could reproduce LOW bass~

8) :D 8)
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 am

gdb wrote:A lot of Polk speakers produce very low frquency bass with only 4- 6.5" drivers but, they also use a large passive radiator too. I was always amazed at the bass levels produced by them

Let's not forget that many Polk speakers were created with Mr. Carver sharing driver technologies and "secrets" with them. My wife and I have a sub which she bought employee purchase when she was media mgr. for Best Buy corp. This sub was represented as among their high quality stuff and was certainly priced as such. The sub was marketed under the company name of Eosone, and guess what.... It was made by Polk, but guess what.... When Mr. Carver saw it he said he was brought in by Polk to help with designing it. Once it hit the stores Mr. Carver was getting a nice bonus check from Mr. Polk every so often for helping and also sharing some of his driver tech. with them. (things are not always as they seem, and your results may vary)

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 pm

Yeah, yeah ,yeah I've heard all the Carver vs. Polk retorts "ad puke'eum" and then some. BUT.... the method for bass production in early speaker offerings from both camps, diverge big time. Large active woofers for C. and small mid-woofers plus a large passive radiator for P. If any "driver technology" was shared by the two, it sure wasn't the choice of speaker compliance material. Butyl rubber as opposed to garden variety foam?? Did you get the ring and secret handshake yet?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:06 pm

gdb, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I'm looking at my Sunfire True Subwoofer Mk.II with a butyl rubber surround on the 10" active driver AND the passive radiator.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

gdb

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:11 pm

BillD wrote:gdb, I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. I'm looking at my Sunfire True Subwoofer Mk.II with a butyl rubber surround on the 10" active driver AND the passive radiator.

did you read this: "early speaker offerings"
<<

BillD

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:22 pm

was that something in this thread that I missed?

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:36 pm

gdb wrote:Yeah, yeah ,yeah I've heard all the Carver vs. Polk retorts "ad puke'eum" and then some. BUT.... the method for bass production in early speaker offerings from both camps, diverge big time. Large active woofers for C. and small mid-woofers plus a large passive radiator for P. If any "driver technology" was shared by the two, it sure wasn't the choice of speaker compliance material. Butyl rubber as opposed to garden variety foam?? Did you get the ring and secret handshake yet?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The handshake thing is an urban legend. I used to own an electronics/audio store and knew many people from various manufacturers so you tend to find out stuff that you can't read about. For example there are many companies who have sold woofers with their name on it like they made it, but the ENTIRE woofer was actually licensed to them by Mr. Carver!
I can give one example of something similar that will make you guys $hit yourself,
Mr. Carver has worked with and swapped, traded, shared driver technology with......
are you ready for this....... LINN!
I already know many of you won't believe that but it's true so I will go ahead and say it ahead of time "If you are among those who won't believe that, feel free to keep your mouth and keyboard quiet." You do not need to tell me you disagree or don't believe it, I already know that. Thanks.

Can you tell someone got me wound up? :D

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Damn you guys can take ANY subject off topic ](*,)
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:13 pm

You're losing control of your thread, James!

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:41 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Damn you guys can take ANY subject off topic ](*,)

James I am sorry about taking your productive thread beyond "jacking" and all the way to "Jacking it off" :( My apologies. And thank you for pointing that out.

Mike

<<

SleeperSupra

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Wow! This thread went off topic. :)

Very excited to hear Mr Carver is making a comeback!

I would love to hear his new speakers. I own a pair of his original Amazing Loud Speakers and love them.

I would really like to hear his new speakers in comparison.
PreviousNext

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"