FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:27 pm

The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:46 pm

Re: The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

He and I were talking about this a few nights ago.
Carver Corp will never come back (in the form that it once was)
He still owns the name, and can use it if he wants to. I think he's still leery of using the name though.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:00 am

Toy Maker wrote:He and I were talking about this a few nights ago.
Carver Corp will never come back (in the form that it once was)
He still owns the name, and can use it if he wants to. I think he's still leery of using the name though.

I think he should use it like when a winery comes out with a limited model and they call it "special reserve". Remember when the idea was kicked around to do the retro version of the TFM45? Bob could use the name in one form or another for his short list of "special people" and I don't mean the ones who came on the short bus (I didn't get kicked off, they wouldn't even let me on)! The suggested names like Carver Authentics, Bob's Authentic, and Carver Collectors Edition..... I still have a prototype drawing of the retro unit that was done by a very creative person... I could even post it for giggles with someones permission???
By the way do you know what TFM really stands for??

T rue
F ans of
M usic

(many others are true fans of stereo equipment & not the music.)

Rainman

Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:23 am

You still have that drawing ?? that was like 2-3 years ago :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

hearingimpared

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:13 am

edriz wrote:Carver was out of business, no shit?? :-s

I for one think it would be a great idea. Hats off to ya Bob. Ya know, a Carver Turntable, now that would be something???

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! *5*

How about a simple, "New Carver Audio."
<<

edriz

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:15 am

Carver Audio Concepts. Nice ring to it ay?

With the arey of all his past products, I think Bob is still way ahead of any company that is still in business today. Just the carver name alone can stand on it own. To any one that KNOWS audio anyway. Fuck the rest of em.

I for one know Bob can do this...if he wants to. He has the business sense, the technical knowledge to create any audio gear he wants to and I think he knows enough to keep this new venture Board free. Keep it small like the Original Carver Company and control his own operations.

I'd love to see that name back on the front of a building where it really belongs. I'm not the smartest person in the world, hell, I'm just an old former dirtbag welder, but I sure as hell know what sounds right, clean, solid and proud and in my home thats Carver. It has for 29 years and it will till I either can't hear or can't breath. Bob, if this is something you are going to do, do it for YOU \:D/

Oh, and for the Music 8) :lol:
Currently In Use
Current Rack; Carver M-4.0t Power Amp, Carver C-4000t Pre Amp,Empire 598III Turntable, Denon DL-103R cart/stylus,Pioneer RT-909 Reel To Reel,Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck,DBX Pro Series 231 Dual Channel 31 band EQ,Pioneer PDR-555RW CD,DBX-3bx,Berwun Research 7000A TNE,DBX-224x DS TypeII NR, Klipsch Lascalas "Loud,Proud,Clean & Mean"
<<

tullymars

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:16 am

Build it Bob,and I will come!
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:22 am

...all over your face! :lol: :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:48 am

Toy Maker wrote:You still have that drawing ?? that was like 2-3 years ago :lol:

Of course I still have it. Would you like me to post it? It's in a file along with a copy of Mr. Carver's reply to the invitation and letter I sent him regarding CF expressing his shock and surprise when I was able to contact him through ebay and invite him to our little shin dig called Carverfest.
I also have the prototype drawing of the second idea of the TFM45 retro unit that has the meter faces replaced with and illuminated by some ultra cool TUBES! I also have the picture of Bob's first amp built in the Folgers can which was kinda cool because Bob couldn't believe I had a picture of it.....

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:49 am

elgrau wrote:...all over your face! :lol: :lol:

sm-bukkake.gif
sm-bukkake.gif (1.31 KiB) Viewed 260 times
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

My Dog Ziggy

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:36 pm

Pictures please Rainman and THRabbit, you're too funny. Ha, ha! [-X

A nice new pair of tube amps would be great. =D>
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:01 pm

My Dog Ziggy wrote:Pictures please Rainman and THRabbit, you're too funny. Ha, ha! [-X

A nice new pair of tube amps would be great. =D>

Most of you have seen this, but Zig is new and requested it so here is the infamous Folgers can amp. The second pic is the underside of the tube amps which Bob brought to Carverfest '08'
I will go through my discs and find the prototype pics for you. They are not on my laptop anymore because after 10 years I finally had to reformat the HD.

Rainman
Attachments
Carver coffee can amp.jpg
Carver coffee can amp.jpg (84.21 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Bobs personal tube 1.JPG
Bobs personal tube 1.JPG (41.48 KiB) Viewed 252 times

<<

My Dog Ziggy

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Thanks Rainman. I guess you could call it "Aroma Roasted" sound.
<<

holyman772

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:26 pm

No reason not to just use the CARVER name badge once again. He wont be catering to customers who think they can buy great sound at a big box store. Peeps that know better will recognize the magic when they see and hear it.
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:37 pm

but a question that has not been asked,
will they service our older stuff????? :) :) :)
That would real nice.....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:41 pm

mbskeam wrote:but a question that has not been asked,
will they service our older stuff????? :) :) :)
That would real nice.....

I doubt it... but it is almost a sure bet Rita's will be the shop of choice for Bob.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
PreviousNext

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"