FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:35 am

The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:58 pm

Re: The Possible Resurrection of CARVER Corp....

nooshinjohn wrote:
mbskeam wrote:but a question that has not been asked,
will they service our older stuff????? :) :) :)
That would real nice.....

I doubt it... but it is almost a sure bet Rita's will be the shop of choice for Bob.

It is called "Rita's VINTAGE Audio Repair" and to be my usual smart a$$ self I would bet there is a reason why the V word is in there... :lol:
For anyone who doesn't know this, Rita worked for Bob at Carver Corp. as a tech for many many years.
There is only one thing I know she does not work on yet and thats some of the CD players, but I heard she is working on being able to service the 490T. I don't know how far back she can go due to availability of original quality parts I guess that can be a pain in the a$$. A phone call is an extremely painless reliable way to find out.
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:11 pm

nooshinjohn wrote:
Eddie wrote:I think Bob would need to pick from this group to make a new board of directors or a board of trustees that would carry his name and legacy into the future! I would not like to see what happened before happen again! Eddie!

I think that a board of directors is a bit premature, and besides... were they not the ones that caused all the troubles in the first place?

Let Bob enjoy is craft and we will all benefit as a result.

It is never to early to do anything in life!!!!!!!!

If Bob didn't enjoy what he was doing we would not have to thank him for all the systems we have today!!!!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 am

That would be GREAT! I'll take the Texas concession! I'd be very interested to see some Carver HDMI systems developed.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:40 am

Bob has stayed out of chasing the HDMI tail; it changes constantly! I like that the Sunfires utilize 8 channel analog, which you can always use from a DVD/SACD/Blu Ray player.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:08 am

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:That would be GREAT! I'll take the Texas concession! I'd be very interested to see some Carver HDMI systems developed.

I'm not a fan of using HDMI for handling audio. I just don't care for things that run using only 0's and 1's, but Mr. Carver's latest design of his Sunfire TGP and TGR units have HDMI 3.2 with multiple connections and real high quality HDMI switching for proper and quality selection. I know it won't say Carver on the front when you un box it, but that's o.k. I'm pretty sure I could live with Bob turning it into a Carver unit via one of his hand made labels. (He has somehow figured out how to assemble them by using a gold paint marker, you should see how he does it, it's pretty custom if you know what I mean...:D

I think what we need to do is get Mr. Carver to take the PS Audio perfect wave transport and figure out how to add the vacuum tube output stage to it for us!! Then we could be like Chumley from Pawn Stars... "How bad ass do I look now?" (The Perfect Wave is in many articles regarded as the best transport ever built. They won the award for product of the year at a couple big shows.)

Rainman
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:34 pm

Rainman wrote:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:That would be GREAT! I'll take the Texas concession! I'd be very interested to see some Carver HDMI systems developed.

I'm not a fan of using HDMI for handling audio. I just don't care for things that run using only 0's and 1's, but Mr. Carver's latest design of his Sunfire TGP and TGR units have HDMI 3.2 with multiple connections and real high quality HDMI switching for proper and quality selection. I know it won't say Carver on the front when you un box it, but that's o.k. I'm pretty sure I could live with Bob turning it into a Carver unit via one of his hand made labels. (He has somehow figured out how to assemble them by using a gold paint marker, you should see how he does it, it's pretty custom if you know what I mean...:D

I think what we need to do is get Mr. Carver to take the PS Audio perfect wave transport and figure out how to add the vacuum tube output stage to it for us!! Then we could be like Chumley from Pawn Stars... "How bad ass do I look now?" (The Perfect Wave is in many articles regarded as the best transport ever built. They won the award for product of the year at a couple big shows.)

Rainman

Thanks Rainman. I had no idea there were any Carver designed HDMI units out there. I'll have to do some searching. The main reason I wanted HDMI is the HD TV we got for ourselves for Christmas 2008. With my old system I was using the audio outs to my preamp, and HDMI to the TV, from the Sat. and Bluray. I'm a real dummy when it comes to the stuff inside the box! I just know if it sounds good, I like it. :D
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:43 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Thanks Rainman. I had no idea there were any Carver designed HDMI units out there. I'll have to do some searching. The main reason I wanted HDMI is the HD TV we got for ourselves for Christmas 2008. With my old system I was using the audio outs to my preamp, and HDMI to the TV, from the Sat. and Bluray. I'm a real dummy when it comes to the stuff inside the box! I just know if it sounds good, I like it. :D

Doug, you are most certainly welcome! It was nice of you to state that you found my info and B.S. helpful. There have been issues with useful info not getting through to those who might benefit from it lately. BTW.. Mr. Carver will really be more than happy to autograph it for you if you buy one. It's really easy, all you have to do is say PLEASE and Thanks 8)

Rainman

<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:14 pm

Rainman wrote:
helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Thanks Rainman. I had no idea there were any Carver designed HDMI units out there. I'll have to do some searching. The main reason I wanted HDMI is the HD TV we got for ourselves for Christmas 2008. With my old system I was using the audio outs to my preamp, and HDMI to the TV, from the Sat. and Bluray. I'm a real dummy when it comes to the stuff inside the box! I just know if it sounds good, I like it. :D

Doug, you are most certainly welcome! It was nice of you to state that you found my info and B.S. helpful. There have been issues with useful info not getting through to those who might benefit from it lately. BTW.. Mr. Carver will really be more than happy to autograph it for you if you buy one. It's really easy, all you have to do is say PLEASE and Thanks 8)

Rainman

Back when I grew up we were taught to say "please and thank you". So it's always been very much a part of the way I ended up. I'm very glad to be from that kind of upbringing. :)
with that said, Thanks to all who have answered my questions, and taken the time to help me learn. A lot of forums tend to treat a nubee like sh**, but here every one seems to be helpful, and actually want to pass along some great advice and knowledge.

<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:17 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Back when I grew up we were taught to say "please and thank you". So it's always been very much a part of the way I ended up. I'm very glad to be from that kind of upbringing. :)
with that said, Thanks to all who have answered my questions, and taken the time to help me learn. A lot of forums tend to treat a nubee like sh**, but here every one seems to be helpful, and actually want to pass along some great advice and knowledge.

Go piss up a rope...

8-[ 8-[ :-" :-" :D :D :) :) :lol: :lol:

Just Kidding... welcome to the Club!
Last edited by nooshinjohn on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:43 pm

beemers417 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

New 2010 "ALS" speakers? What a waste, they will never be as good as Bose...

BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:47 pm

Scarabeo wrote:
beemers417 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

New 2010 "ALS" speakers? What a waste, they will never be as good as Bose...

Yeah, hope Bob comes and reads this one [-o<

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:20 pm

Didn't Bob collaborate with Amar Bose, too?
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Not that I ever heard... I will ask next time I talk to him. :-k
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:43 pm

I'm teasing.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"