FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:32 am

FINAL ALS Speaker "Base Design" (see page 4)

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:11 pm

Re: New ALS Speaker "Base Design" Update

just dont let the kids near them.....
oh so many ribbons and cones to stick pencils into.... :-" :-"
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Each speaker will come with its own velvet rope child restraint system. 220v version is extra

Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:23 pm

Will there be a color option on the velvet ropes? :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:38 pm

You can have any color you want, as long as it's red.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:06 pm

:lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:12 pm

mbskeam wrote:just dont let the kids near them.....
oh so many ribbons and cones to stick pencils into.... :-" :-"

Your problem, not mine.
Get rid of the kids 8-[

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

nooshinjohn

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:32 pm

Electrified concertina wire seems to get their attention real quick.
Carver Statement Reference Monoblocks!!!The Gear... Carver "Statement" Monoblocks, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds, Dodd Audio MLP, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Peachtree I-DAC, Oppo BDP-93, Yamaha PX-3 Turntable, with Sumiko BPS EVOIII, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, SimAudio moon 110lp phono preamplifier.[/size]
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Chauss wrote:The 45 degrees I was speaking of is in the X-Y axis when looking straight on at the speaker (front view)- not tilting them 45 degrees. That would seem to be the easiest point to knock them over from...that is what I was trying to convey.

Trust me when I say I have 30+ designs already drawn up 8)\
Allot of my drawings look like this... As the design changes and evolves, I make a copy at a changing point, and continue evolving the design.
If I ever want to go back, I can choose any design I have ever done, and take that one in a new direction.

bases.jpg

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

ekog

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:05 am

Looks nice.
=D>
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:35 am

Toy Maker wrote:
Chauss wrote:The 45 degrees I was speaking of is in the X-Y axis when looking straight on at the speaker (front view)- not tilting them 45 degrees. That would seem to be the easiest point to knock them over from...that is what I was trying to convey.

Trust me when I say I have 30+ designs already drawn up 8)\
Allot of my drawings look like this... As the design changes and evolves, I make a copy at a changing point, and continue evolving the design.
If I ever want to go back, I can choose any design I have ever done, and take that one in a new direction.

bases.jpg

Funny thought came to me......way back when this arcade game was popular in all the bars-

You can play it online here (not the same though)
http://www.smiliegames.com/galaga/
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:11 pm

=P~ ":rolleyes:

Went to the shop late last night and made a sample base. The design is really good, but it was still too small. So I scaled it up, and made another copy.
This time, it seems to be about the right size. You can see just far you'd have to push the speakers to pass their CG, and make them fall.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Dude, no one is going to buy speakers with a base that huge. Look around at other line array designs.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:01 pm

Well the "size" of the base was determined by Bob. He stated the base HAS to be big enough to keep the speaker from falling over at a 20-degree angle.
Or we could go back to his idea of running a cable from the speaker to the ceiling to keep it from tipping :-&

I can make the base 1/2 the size... But at that point, you may as well not even be using one, and don't breath too heavy around them.
Don't forget... 92" tall and 120+ pounds and the footprint is really only 4.25" x 7"

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:01 pm

How about weighting the bottom with sand.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:21 pm

Looks like you got it Toy- The size of the base is proportionate to the height of the speakers. Nice job!
PreviousNext

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"