It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:10 pm

The NEW 2012 "ALS" Concept - Design - Production

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:53 pm

The NEW 2012 "ALS" Concept - Design - Production

ALS - The 2010 Amazing Line Source, by Bob Carver, and James Sauter

..Keep in mind, the majority of these computer renderings are preliminary design drawings.
The final design is always changing, and you never know what will be the final outcome.
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (264.61 KiB) Viewed 2472 times
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:05 pm

Re: Photos

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (44.95 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
4.jpg
4.jpg (30.83 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
5.jpg
5.jpg (40.19 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
6.jpg
6.jpg (58.59 KiB) Viewed 2459 times
7.jpg
7.jpg (76.45 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
8.jpg
8.jpg (46.02 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:37 am

YOU DID ALL THAT LAST NIGHT???????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:15 am

most of it... I had drawn the drivers the other day.. did the rest last night.. here's Bobs reply to the photos I sent him last night...

"Oh Man! These are stunning! I definitely get it. Can you make a drawing of the whole thing, a pair, eight feet tall or whatever we chose the height to be? That would be so cool to look at.

Bob"

So today, I'll try to get a full pair done.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:47 pm

Any updates on the progress James?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:00 am

Not yet... I think he got sticker shock when the quotes came back on the extrusions...

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:19 pm

Re: What's the holdup? Can I help?

Yeah, but once folks hear what he has to say about the "40' tall speaker" that eliminates the floor and ceiling reflections and they see it? Holy Moly!

THEN they get to hear it. Tell Bob to get on the ball! I'll be ready to tweak and offer my observations with the both of you whenever they are set up. Well, you knew that to begin with.........

Let's get the ball on the roll man!!!!! \:D/ I want to hear these puppies! Bob's genius ain't done yet. I'd like to see it before it gets to be too late. ;)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm at Bob's mercy... waiting on him at this point. Everything is ready to go. The extruders are waiting for me to give them go-ahead.

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed May 20, 2009 3:12 pm

So where are we at now James? Any progress?

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:35 pm

Wooo Hooo !!! Somthing to show for a years worth of work,
Attachments
profile1.jpg
profile1.jpg (129.84 KiB) Viewed 2397 times

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:47 am

Our New Line Source Speakers

I thought I would post a little something about one of the projects Bob and I are working on.
It's been in the works for about a year and a half, and is finally coming together.
Bob and I have put in hundreds of hours so far, and I can't wait to hear our hard work.

This video has been public of a little while now, so there should be no huge surprise... but maybe a little peek won't hurt :-$

and now the real fun begins....

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Our New Line Source Speakers

I can't wait to see and hear them!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

BB3

M-400t CUBE

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:42 pm

thuffman03 wrote:I can't wait to see and hear them!

I'm With You Tom. I Suspect They Will Be Incredible, And That's Probably An Understatement.
Carver Gear : C-9, C-16, C-19, 4-TFM55's, 2-TFM35's, 1-TFM25, 2-Silver 7-T's, 490T.

Non Carver Gear : Anthem AVM50V, Anthem Pre2L, Sonic Frontiers SFCD-1, Denon DCD1560, Panasonic DMK23, Sony BDP-S350, Sony PS3, Sony 52" XBR-6, Sony 32" XBR-6, Nintendo Wii

Speakers : Polk Audio : SDA-SRS, SDA-SRS 1.2TL, SDA-CRS+, RTA-15TL, 3- Velodyne F-1500's
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Waiting for the drivers to come in... They are on order, but I think they are coming direct from China... and they are going on there 2-week "New Years" holliday vacation soon... The whole country shuts down for 2 weeks a year.
I expect to have a couple sets built and finished within a month or two.
Bob and I are planning on bringing them the CarverFest this year, along with the new Silver-7 Tube amps we are working on. Should be alot of fun !!!

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:21 pm

James, have you two made any determinations as to what type of sub unit you'll be using with these?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
Next

Return to Introducing the NEW 2012 "ALS"