FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:15 am

Dynavox

<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:27 am

Dynavox

Am I reading this correctly? Did they just cut the price in half for the papercone woofers?

http://www.dynavox.com/products_new.php ... 17be56e909

Guess I better start working the corners before they increase the price. I could use 8 of those.
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:38 am

Re: Dynavox

Yep, you read correctly.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:06 am

bsturgeon89 wrote:Am I reading this correctly? Did they just cut the price in half for the papercone woofers?

http://www.dynavox.com/products_new.php ... 17be56e909

Guess I better start working the corners before they increase the price. I could use 8 of those.

I sure could but they are all out! Will the price still be the same when they are in stock? Just months ago they were $45 and $35 not long before that, Guess will see...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:45 am

Eddie must have cleaned them out.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Crap. $89.99???
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:55 pm

Anyone have all the specs on the 2 drivers ??? I want to look into something !!!
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Dec 19, 2009 1:05 am

Dynavox use to list ALL the specs on their old web page. Good luck getting that from them now.

<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:48 am

I have heard that AR 11" surrounds are a close match and many shops use them for repair of Carver Plat's woofers, It seems as if I heard talk on it here at some point but any how anyone ever heard this or tried it?
Here is a link to some on the bay that are what I am talking about:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2759.l1259
If any one knows about this JUMP on in! I ask the seller if he know but still waiting on reply and if it does work I would hate to see his price double like Dynavox...
I am missing my Plat's -- It a good thing I also own so ALS III Plus or I would be SOL...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 pm

I dunno,, but when I was in the market for replacements,, the folks at duna(Aida Lin??) worked with me on pricing--good luck,,let us know how it turns out.
<<

audioassassin77

TFM-45

Post Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Scarabeo wrote:I have heard that AR 11" surrounds are a close match and many shops use them for repair of Carver Plat's woofers, It seems as if I heard talk on it here at some point but any how anyone ever heard this or tried it?
If any one knows about this JUMP on in! I ask the seller if he know but still waiting on reply and if it does work I would hate to see his price double like Dynavox...
I am missing my Plat's -- It a good thing I also own so ALS III Plus or I would be SOL...

..in the same boat and have been for the last year..got a bum ribbon in my ALS(gonna address that soon 'boss), and thanks be that i have (had) ALIII's as back ups..
#-o sadly i turned the volume VERY heavy to the right with my troopers and now it seems i have fried both woofers(DAMNIT) !
with the fusing i didnt think it possible to shread ALIIIs...they didnt even pop!
ooops! guess power still can corrupt...
so while you are all looking for ALS/Plat drivers, anyone got a line on replacements for ALIIIs...? (sorry OP no jack intended)
if not gonna have to hot-rod 'em i guess :(
cheers
kris
.....a VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER.

I am slowly going CRAZY 123456 switch..CRAZY going slowly am I 654321 switch.
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:11 am

audioassassin77 wrote:
Scarabeo wrote:I have heard that AR 11" surrounds are a close match and many shops use them for repair of Carver Plat's woofers, It seems as if I heard talk on it here at some point but any how anyone ever heard this or tried it?

..in the same boat and have been for the last year..got a bum ribbon in my ALS(gonna address that soon 'boss), and thanks be that i have (had) ALIII's as back ups..
#-o sadly i turned the volume VERY heavy to the right with my troopers and now it seems i have fried both woofers(DAMNIT) !
with the fusing i didnt think it possible to shread ALIIIs...they didnt even pop!
so while you are all looking for ALS/Plat drivers, anyone got a line on replacements for ALIIIs...? (sorry OP no jack intended)
cheers
kris

Check with bemmers417 and see if he has any replacements.

I was also told to use these JL Audio 10w3

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-NEW-JL-AUDIO-10W3 ... 45efe13aed
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:08 am

UPDATE I ordered the AR 11" surrounds from partsexpress and found they will NOT work! Scrap that idea if you have Plat's and so that brings me to this: Has anyone tried going with a full rebuild? What I mean is re-moving the Ribbon & crossover then building a frame for just the Ribbons and then building a Sub kinda like infinity IRS setup???
I am not paying $89 x 8 to Dynavox for what was $35 woofers just under 2 years ago and then ending up later with rotten surrounds again and just building a sub on the side matched as close as possable with the ribbons is to me a better idea (Any one done it?) (Idea's)...
Kinda like this: http://members.ozemail.com.au/~googong/sp5.html
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:26 am

audioassassin77 wrote:

cheers
kris

I've been very happy with the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 woofers I installed in my AL-IIIs. Be SURE you get the older models, not the new "VC" model. They also have a dual voice coil model that would work well, but they are HARD to come by.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:59 pm

[quote="TNRabbit]
I've been very happy with the Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 woofers I installed in my AL-IIIs. Be SURE you get the older models, not the new "VC" model. They also have a dual voice coil model that would work well, but they are HARD to come by.[/quote]

Yep - That is the ones for AL III's and thanks for posting it but There still is no real answer to the Platinums. Dynavox clearly is sucking the juice out of us going from $35 two years ago to $89
I for one am starting to give up! I will never sell my Platinums so now I plan to take on re-moving the Ribbons and going a new route trying to match some kind of sub and using a electronic X-over and doing the 200Hz thing! Like my post above I see others have gone this way but has anyone here?
OH and THANKS to everyone who tried so hard finding new foam for replacement - There at the end seems to be no solution but I think we can find a better one just finding a better Sub and starting over.
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~googong/sp3.html
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Dynavox clearly is sucking the juice out of us going from $35 two years ago to $89

Labor costs in China have gone up quite a bit in the last two years.

Next

Return to Carver Speakers