FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:31 am

Dynavox

<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:04 pm

Re: Dynavox

I have contacted Ada from Orevox and she said the paper cone woofers for ALS Plats will be in stock again around April.

If you want to be notified when it is back in stock, you can email "ada@orevox.com" and tell her how many you want.
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:05 pm

Damn it!!

They aren't going to have any papercone WP-1120 woofers until sometime in April. The one time it sucks to have Plats. Now if you need the honeycomb woofers, those are in stock from what I was told.

For anyone who wishes....here is the email add. of the contact person.

ada@orevox.com
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:06 pm

megasat16 wrote:I have contacted Ada from Orevox and she said the paper cone woofers for ALS Plats will be in stock again around April.

If you want to be notified when it is back in stock, you can email "ada@orevox.com" and tell her how many you want.

Thats too funny.

Both at the same time
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:10 pm

bsturgeon89 wrote:
megasat16 wrote:I have contacted Ada from Orevox and she said the paper cone woofers for ALS Plats will be in stock again around April.

Thats too funny.

Both at the same time

Oh yeah? I beat you by a minute! :-s LOL Just Kidding. Yep, it's too funny that we posted that info about the same time! :)
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:02 pm

Ada has had me on that list for a while, ? Anyone ever ask her if they can also carry the surrounds? I think they should sell both, in this economy more options means more / mo money! OH and $89 will not due as with shipping that would be almost $800 for 8 Drivers [-(
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:19 pm

Scarabeo wrote:

Ada has had me on that list for a while, ? Anyone ever ask her if they can also carry the surrounds? I think they should sell both, in this economy more options means more / mo money! OH and $89 will not due as with shipping that would be almost $800 for 8 Drivers [-(

I asked Ada if they can do re-edging or re-foaming to the old ones, she asked someone in the back room and asked me to hold. After waiting about 10 minutes for her to come back, the answer is NO. It's simply cheaper for them to sell you a new one and they don't have any foam kit to refoam the old ones.

I think the new pricing may be well below $89. It will be around $45-$50, I think.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:50 pm

megasat16 wrote:
Scarabeo wrote:

I asked Ada if they can do re-edging or re-foaming to the old ones, she asked someone in the back room and asked me to hold. After waiting about 10 minutes for her to come back, the answer is NO. It's simply cheaper for them to sell you a new one and they don't have any foam kit to refoam the old ones.

I think the new pricing may be well below $89. It will be around $45-$50, I think.

Great - Thanks for the reply! :D
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:02 am

All this whining about the cost of the woofers cracks me up. Have any of you stopped to think what a pair of new Plat's would cost today? Try at least 3 times what they did originally, so stop the whining as it's not very becoming.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:56 am

You guys are going to piss me off, and make me make some surrounds arn't you...
Damn, I'm in my 30's, and you old bastards can't seem to do shit yourselves :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:59 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:46 am

Toy Maker wrote:You guys are going to piss me off, and make me make some surrounds arn't you...
Damn, I'm in my 30's, and you old bastards can't seem to do shit yourselves :lol:

F1nut wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: =D>
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:10 pm

F1nut wrote:All this whining about the cost of the woofers cracks me up. Have any of you stopped to think what a pair of new Plat's would cost today? Try at least 3 times what they did originally, so stop the whining as it's not very becoming.

I don't know about why it should cost about 3 times but I thought about it! If plats are to be manufactured again today, it should come close to 10x from what I paid! But still, it doesn't hurt to be able to buy cheap replacement woofers. All about Bob and his talent is putting together cheap parts to make a good sounding gears!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:08 pm

Toy Maker wrote:You guys are going to piss me off, and make me make some surrounds arn't you...

Wasn't Eddie working on the surround project. Does anyone know if he's made any progress yet?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:16 pm

no he didn't
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:52 pm

Magnaryder wrote:

Wasn't Eddie working on the surround project. Does anyone know if he's made any progress yet?

ray

Ray I am still working on that put every thing I found at this time is that I would have to lay out alot of cash to have tooling made. I am looking for the original maker of the surrounds or woofers and had no luck in doing so! But I am still looking for some one to make them or anyone who can make them put it is not going so good! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Speakers