Dynavox

Carver Speaker Discussions and Questions
User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6792
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Dynavox

Post by Toy Maker » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:17 pm

Eddie wrote:
Magnaryder wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:You guys are going to piss me off, and make me make some surrounds arn't you...
Damn, I'm in my 30's, and you old bastards can't seem to do shit yourselves :lol:
Wasn't Eddie working on the surround project. Does anyone know if he's made any progress yet?

ray
Ray I am still working on that put every thing I found at this time is that I would have to lay out alot of cash to have tooling made. I am looking for the original maker of the surrounds or woofers and had no luck in doing so! But I am still looking for some one to make them or anyone who can make them put it is not going so good! Eddie!
It's already started Eddie.... GO POST viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11167

jimw
TFM-6cb
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:54 am

Re: Dynavox

Post by jimw » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:43 pm

F1nut wrote:Dynavox use to list ALL the specs on their old web page. Good luck getting that from them now.
Model
Number Description Re(ohm) Fs(Hz) Qms Qes Qts Vas(m3) Bl Xmax(mm)
WP-1220 20 oz 16 ohm Hi-Q Woofer, 90W, 1" VC 14.92 24.75 8.112 4.496 2.893 0.4578 3.70 12.7

SW-1220FL 20 oz 4 ohm Alum. Honeycomb, 90W 1" VC 3.5 28.5 4.03 4.03 2.0 N/A N/A 12.7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Products Index
Sorry about not being able to line up the cells. Copy/paste didn't work for some reason.

Breaking Glass
M-400t CUBE
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Dynavox

Post by Breaking Glass » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:44 pm

jimw wrote:
F1nut wrote:Dynavox use to list ALL the specs on their old web page. Good luck getting that from them now.
Model
Number Description Re(ohm) Fs(Hz) Qms Qes Qts Vas(m3) Bl Xmax(mm)
WP-1220 20 oz 16 ohm Hi-Q Woofer, 90W, 1" VC 14.92 24.75 8.112 4.496 2.893 0.4578 3.70 12.7

SW-1220FL 20 oz 4 ohm Alum. Honeycomb, 90W 1" VC 3.5 28.5 4.03 4.03 2.0 N/A N/A 12.7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Products Index
Sorry about not being able to line up the cells. Copy/paste didn't work for some reason.
so which driver is better?

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: Dynavox

Post by TNRabbit » Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:01 pm

Breaking Glass wrote:
jimw wrote:
F1nut wrote:Dynavox use to list ALL the specs on their old web page. Good luck getting that from them now.
Model
Number Description Re(ohm) Fs(Hz) Qms Qes Qts Vas(m3) Bl Xmax(mm)
WP-1220 20 oz 16 ohm Hi-Q Woofer, 90W, 1" VC 14.92 24.75 8.112 4.496 2.893 0.4578 3.70 12.7

SW-1220FL 20 oz 4 ohm Alum. Honeycomb, 90W 1" VC 3.5 28.5 4.03 4.03 2.0 N/A N/A 12.7

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Products Index
Sorry about not being able to line up the cells. Copy/paste didn't work for some reason.
so which driver is better?
It's not about better; one is for the Original ALS and one is for the Platinum ALS (& I think same app for the Silver ALS).
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

jimw
TFM-6cb
Posts: 235
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:54 am

Re: Dynavox

Post by jimw » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 am

Yep, what TNRabbit said.

User avatar
BillD
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 7126
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:29 pm
Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Re: Dynavox

Post by BillD » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:21 am

It sure is a lot easier working with high impedance (16Ω) speakers in arrays, though.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.
_________________
Carver: C-4000 & C-1 preamps, PSC-60 preamp/tuner, TX-11a tuner, M-400 (2), C-500, M-500, M-500t, M-500t Mk.II, A-500x, AL-III loudspeakers (2 pr.)
Sunfire:Theater Grand III processor, Ultimate Receiver, Cinema Grand Signature 400 ~ seven, True Subwoofer Mk. II, D-10 Subwoofer

User avatar
bsturgeon89
TFM-55
Posts: 787
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:42 pm
Location: Findlay, Ohio

Re: Dynavox

Post by bsturgeon89 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:52 pm

For shits and giggles I emailed about the ETA of the wp-1120.

They have none at the moment for they don't even have the parts in for them yet.
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES

Breaking Glass
M-400t CUBE
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Dynavox

Post by Breaking Glass » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:08 pm

The reason I ask which is better is I am thinking about using them in a custom speaker project and just wondered if one driver was better than the other, I wonder if the db output at one watt is the same for both of them.

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: Dynavox

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:14 pm

Breaking Glass wrote:The reason I ask which is better is I am thinking about using them in a custom speaker project and just wondered if one driver was better than the other, I wonder if the db output at one watt is the same for both of them.
The 16 ohm drivers are easier to run in a parallel configuration than the 4 ohm. Makes the crossover completely different as well. If you're going to actively bi-amp to avoid passive crossovers, I'd go the 16 ohm route & run them parallel.
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Breaking Glass
M-400t CUBE
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Dynavox

Post by Breaking Glass » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:10 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
Breaking Glass wrote:The reason I ask which is better is I am thinking about using them in a custom speaker project and just wondered if one driver was better than the other, I wonder if the db output at one watt is the same for both of them.
The 16 ohm drivers are easier to run in a parallel configuration than the 4 ohm. Makes the crossover completely different as well. If you're going to actively bi-amp to avoid passive crossovers, I'd go the 16 ohm route & run them parallel.
I want to use 8 12" on each side so i guess i can run two stacks of four in parallel and then run these in series to end up with 8 ohms. I liked the looks of the honeycone driver better than the paper cone but it is probably better. if i use the Honeycone driver it i guess i would have to run two stacks of 4 in series to get 16 ohms and then wire them in parallel to give the amp an 8 ohm load. I plan to bi-amp with a clearview electronic crossover. I just got two new 60" ribbons from Toy Maker today for this project, Now i have to get the slab built to hold it all. My originals will move to the back of the room. I saw a picture of the original concept amazings and they had 6 square woofers on each side so I thought, I should do that to my pair.

User avatar
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend
Posts: 13360
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
Contact:

Re: Dynavox

Post by TNRabbit » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Wow; that's pretty ambitious of you!
TNRabbit
Image

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Breaking Glass
M-400t CUBE
Posts: 113
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:50 pm
Location: Missouri

Re: Dynavox

Post by Breaking Glass » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 am

Probably a little crazy. Hay I saw the post with the giant 27” woofers on each end of the speaker so I did not want to be outdone.

User avatar
Toy Maker
Puppet Master
Posts: 6792
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 1:26 am

Re: Dynavox

Post by Toy Maker » Fri May 14, 2010 1:33 am

Any updates ???

Asoundpainter
Newbie 50+
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Re: Dynavox

Post by Asoundpainter » Tue May 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Toy Maker seems to be moving now. How can he be provoked to produce the surrounds we all so desperately need? Anyone with the right answer moves to the top step!

User avatar
F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
Posts: 4491
Joined: Tue Nov 11, 2003 3:31 am
Location: The Mars Hotel

Re: Dynavox

Post by F1nut » Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 am

Asoundpainter wrote:Toy Maker seems to be moving now. How can he be provoked to produce the surrounds we all so desperately need? Anyone with the right answer moves to the top step!
Obviously, you haven't read his signature.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.



In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."

Post Reply

Return to “Carver Speakers”