FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:31 pm

Amazing Plat leveling feet

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:12 am

Amazing Plat leveling feet

Has anyone found a better alternative to the OEM leveling feet. I have the Plat. 4's and mine are constantly coming out of the wood base. The spikes just don't seem to be long enough to hold in the wood. Any ideas? :-k I was thinking of maybe epoxing them in as an alternative but need to be careful not to get in the grooves. Also, may look a little sloppy upon inspection.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:19 pm

Re: Amazing Plat leveling feet

The base is not wood, it's press board and there in lies the problem. I would suggest replacing the spiked T-nuts with threaded inserts.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:02 pm

Just what Jesse said I did mine not to long ago!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 am

F1,

Thanks for the head's up. Picked up threaded inserts at local Ace hardware. I can see leveling feet will no longer be a problem upon installation. That was a complaint I've had for years with the Plat's. Even mentioned it in my review back in 2003:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers ... 94crx.aspx

There is such a multitude of info to be had off of this forum that benefits the owners. Kudo's to everyone! =D>

Return to Carver Speakers