FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:36 pm

Off topic........Pioneer Elite Series Receivers

<<

Audiophile_719

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:19 am

Off topic........Pioneer Elite Series Receivers

Just picked up a Pioneer Elite VSX-95 Receiver for a reasonable price...$75.00 I know new they ran really close to $1000. Anyone have one and do you like it ? I haven't quite made up my mind about mine yet as I just bought it Sunday afternoon. Thanx
The Eye Can See What The Foot Cannot Kick
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:05 am

Re: Off topic........Pioneer Elite Series Receivers

It's a receiver. 'Nuff said.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

helicopterpilotdoug

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:33 am

I got started in HT with the Pioneer VSX-84TXSI. It was pretty good for HT, but was lacking when it came to 2 channel. I have Polk SDA 2B speakers which are pretty power hungry, and also are 4 ohm. The rest of the speakers are Polk 8 ohm. That's how the upgrade got started, and I'll soon be completely Pioneer VSX free. I have used it as a pre for the TFM-45, but it is not near as good as using the Carver pre I have. What does it sound like to you? If you like the sound you are getting, then it's just fine. If you don't, then my suggestion would be looking at upgrades to a separate pre and amp/amps. Just like Kingmans signature..."In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!"
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:54 am

As AVR's go they are better than most but it is still and AVR.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:07 pm

many of the early Pioneers and Kenwoods had a nice sound. Never heard that one, but most are bright and lively. It was a huge jump over the AM radio most of us played at the time. I still like the sound of them. Plus, you can hook a record player straight to most of them and discover better sound that most will hear today.

These days too many depend on specs, reviews and $$. Pleasing sound is a second thought.

Return to Carver Speakers