FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:38 am

New silver woofers on the way

<<

wrstps

TFM-6cb

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:25 pm

Re: New silver woofers on the way

The new Woofers are great they even have dual post just like the originals. I'm having a slight problem with the ribbons at higher power levels, it looks as if I will be sending these out for repair to James as soon as I get some extra cash. It looks as if it's time to get rid of some extra equimpment I have sitting around.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:12 pm

Beautiful job~

=D> =D> =D>
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

peck555

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:01 am

Great job, they look wonderful. \:D/
<<

wrstps

TFM-6cb

Post Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

Hey guys I put my heart into these, hand rubbed finish...5 coats...new woofers..new solder joints and they sound fantastic and are getting better as the woofers break in. I will be sending the Ribbons to Dave to do his magic within the next couple of weeks if he can work on them. I really want these to be right. Thanks for all the interest. Funny thing is my wife really likes them too! Something tell me she's messed up something and I will find out soon!!!!!!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:47 pm

wrstps wrote:Hey guys I put my heart into these, hand rubbed finish...5 coats...new woofers..new solder joints and they sound fantastic and are getting better as the woofers break in. I will be sending the Ribbons to Dave to do his magic within the next couple of weeks if he can work on them. I really want these to be right. Thanks for all the interest. Funny thing is my wife really likes them too! Something tell me she's messed up something and I will find out soon!!!!!!

Yes you did put your heart into them and thanks for sharing it! I ended up with "2" bad woofers out of (8) but ada quickly replaced them so I am happy! Those ribbons will be singing soon and they will last for YEARS. Keep us posted!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers