FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:24 am

Carver driver & repairs

<<

eddielee

Post Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:28 pm

Carver driver & repairs

Hi James,

Another month has been & gone. Any news on my ordered 48 in Carver ribbon drivers please?
<<

eddielee

Post Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:10 pm

Re: Carver driver & repairs

I hate to bring this into the open. :(

Paid James Sauter (Toymaker) for a pair of Carver 48 inch drivers in June last year. He couldn't fill the order and ignoring my repeated requests for a refund.

Questions?

1). What should one suppose to do ?
2). Where else can I get hold of another pair 48 drivers now since BG has stopped production for these kind of drivers.

Thanking you in anticipation. :-({|=
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:19 pm

No help for this guy??? :-k :(
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:20 pm

No help for this guy??? :-k :( (duplicate wtf)
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:26 am

Sorry to hear your issues, I have been waiting much longer and am in the same boat as you. (Would really love to get my Ribbons back) but pressuring james will not get them back any quicker and with so much on his table and in his life PLUS being the only one in the world repairing them we must bite the bullet and wait this out - - - I trust James to get this done,,,Slowly VERY slowly but Surely he will come through!!!

I bet with his balls against the walls he will not answer anyone until he has something to up-date, until then join me in wearing out a circle in the carpet... :lol:

James will not rip you off buddy or me or anyone else we will just lose years waitiing...lol I for one am not Happy nor am I mad or worried but I do want my ALIII's back to enjoy!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

eddielee

Post Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:50 am

Many thanks for the comforting words. I'll be more comfortable if I received the drivers and listening to them.

It is the one delay after another with no light at the end of the tunnel......

Thanks again for the post.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:31 am

Carver driver & repairs wait support Group

eddielee wrote:Many thanks for the comforting words. I'll be more comfortable if I received the drivers and listening to them.

It is the one delay after another with no light at the end of the tunnel......

Thanks again for the post.

Maybe we should start a Carver Driver & repair wait Support Group for those of us waiting on Ribbons :-)
:-#
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

eddielee

Post Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:59 pm

Yes please. I am all for that.

I'll do whatever needed to get a new or good used pair of 48 in drivers. But only if James..........
<<

Magic_Physicist

TFM-6cb

Post Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:26 pm

Well I can tell this is something I will never do.

Rather just look at my ALS

I never heard of any humans with this much patience and I am not close to that [-X
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:08 pm

If you paid for a set, then when I go to manning in sept, I will send you a set back that was just done before he ran out of kapton. O hours on them. I thought I would have sold them by now. I can wait for the next batch of kapton. James is a great guy that sometimes gets his ass handed to him by other companies after he makes the deal. I will vouch for James. Only hold up for you, is its September before I go to manning sc and then a visit to Bryson city for carverfest. Again, rest assured you will get a fresh set of rebuilt 48" ribbons. Thank you, That will be all. Carry on.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

frenchguy

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:49 pm

That is awfully nice of you Angelo, I am sure he will appreciate it very much!! Quite the gesture to extend to a fellow forum member!! My hat is off to you!!! =D> =D> 8)
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 Amazing speakers in natural oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Douglas connection cables
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:14 pm

Nicely done Angelo!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:01 pm

angelod307 wrote:If you paid for a set, then when I go to manning in sept, I will send you a set back that was just done before he ran out of kapton. O hours on them. I thought I would have sold them by now. I can wait for the next batch of kapton. James is a great guy that sometimes gets his ass handed to him by other companies after he makes the deal. I will vouch for James. Only hold up for you, is its September before I go to manning sc and then a visit to Bryson city for carverfest. Again, rest assured you will get a fresh set of rebuilt 48" ribbons. Thank you, That will be all. Carry on.

Way to step up! I salute you!!! =D> =D> =D>
<<

eddielee

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:47 am

angelod307 wrote:If you paid for a set, then when I go to manning in sept, I will send you a set back that was just done before he ran out of kapton. O hours on them. I thought I would have sold them by now. I can wait for the next batch of kapton. James is a great guy that sometimes gets his ass handed to him by other companies after he makes the deal. I will vouch for James. Only hold up for you, is its September before I go to manning sc and then a visit to Bryson city for carverfest. Again, rest assured you will get a fresh set of rebuilt 48" ribbons. Thank you, That will be all. Carry on.

WoW. Thanks a million. This is extremely kind of you and it means I will be enjoying my speakers again. Hardly wait for Sepember.

Yes, under James instruction, I paid him US$ 1200 via Paypal to Radicalroutings in June last year, and it was meant once ready, I shall contract a courier to pick them up and ship to Sydney, Australia for me.

I have never doubted James is a great guy but his shyness in reply to emails,messages and ignoring pm on this site kinda of make you think may I am wrong about him.

Thanks again in anticipation.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:48 am

Claw_Applause.gif
Claw_Applause.gif (187.05 KiB) Viewed 249 times
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
Next

Return to Carver Speakers