FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:13 am

Carver speakers

<<

ddhoferjr

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Carver speakers

Hello everyone,
I'm a newbie and a Carver Nut! I need some advice on a 2 channel speaker setup. I'm currently runnning a M-4.0t and also have a TFM-55 and 2PM1.5's I'm not using. I'm wanting to purchase a pair a Carver speakers but dont know which ones to purchase. Imagine that!! I think that I would like to stay @ 8ohms. Im currently running Cerwin vega D9's with my Carver M-4.0t. Sounds fairly well, but I'm looking for more accurate and crystal clear music and extra punch when I need it. I want to hear the strings when they are played. The Cervin Vegas are 4 - 8 ohms. I would really like to stay with one amp. Any imputs would be appreciated. I understand that the Carver Amazing are really hard to drive. Im looking at a pair at the present time but they have only 3 woofers. Would it be better to go with the AL111 or AL111plus.
Thanks and good day.
DH
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:45 pm

Re: Carver speakers

Welcome to the Foirum.

What you have (3 woofers) are Amazing "Silver Edition". I have a set and they are great.

I believe they are 8 ohm and easier to drive than their big brothers, and sound as good unless you have a high school gym size room.

They do like power though. At least 350 wpc and more IS BETTER !

They won't thump like your CV but are very accurate & revealing. The bass is very full and (my opinion) realistic. Less "slamming" but more like what you would hear live.

Good Luck.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Welcome
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:18 pm

ddhoferjr wrote:Hello everyone,
I understand that the Carver Amazing are really hard to drive. Im looking at a pair at the present time but they have only 3 woofers. Would it be better to go with the AL111 or AL111plus.
Thanks and good day.
DH

Hello and Welcome! The Originals are hard to drive but the "Platinum's" are not so much (Another Option) Those are the Amazing speakers with the 60 inch Ribbons and 4 paper cone woofers. That full 60 Ribbon makes a sound stage to Die for and the added Bass really fills in over the Silvers but the silvers would be a close second! NOW Sunfire has CRM-2's that would give you some great sound as well as CRS-3's. I prefer them over AL III's not that that is a great pick too!!!
FIND some Platinum's - its not getting better then that...I am running a pair on a 75 watt tube amp and I think there 6.5 ohms and your 4.0t will drive them easy and LOUD. I own all the speakers talked about right now.
Here is a set without the front grills on in the nude :shock:
Last edited by Scarabeo on Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

nemodog

Post Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:28 pm

Buy the AL III's
Buy whatever it takes to drive them. (Lightstar)
Heaven!
AL III's will set you free
<<

ddhoferjr

Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Scarabeo wrote:
ddhoferjr wrote:Hello everyone,
I understand that the Carver Amazing are really hard to drive. Im looking at a pair at the present time but they have only 3 woofers. Would it be better to go with the AL111 or AL111plus.
Thanks and good day.
DH

Hello and Welcome! The Originals are hard to drive but the "Platinum's" are not so much (Another Option) Those are the Amazing speakers with the 60 inch Ribbons and 4 paper cone woofers. That full 60 Ribbon makes a sound stage to Die for and the added Bass really fills in over the Silvers but the silvers would be a close second! NOW Sunfire has CRM-2's that would give you some great sound as well as CRS-3's. I prefer them over AL III's not that that is a great pick too!!!
FIND some Platinum's - its not getting better then that...I am running a pair on a 75 watt tube amp and I think there 6.5 ohms and your 4.0t will drive them easy and LOUD. I own all the speakers talked about right now.
Here is a set without the front grills on in the nude :shock:

Are they still 4 sale?
DH
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:53 am

ddhoferjr wrote:
Are they still 4 sale?
DH

Still got em - Where are you? So Cal Pick up only!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Return to Carver Speakers