FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:28 am

AL-III Ribbon Replacement?

<<

BetaMax

Post Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:57 pm

AL-III Ribbon Replacement?

It looks like one of my AL-III speakers is in need of a ribbon replacement. It has started to distort as certain mid ranges at certain volumes.

How does one go about getting a replacement and what is involved? Is it just a matter of taking out the bad one and putting in the new one? or does it involve sending in the whole speaker?

Any information would be very helpfull.

Thanks much.
<<

BetaMax

Post Tue Jan 27, 2004 10:35 pm

Dave, thanks for taking the time to take my call today. Your advice was put to use and just wanted to give you an update.

Switching the speaker wires yeilded the same results, which discounts the problem with the amp.

I proceeded find the buzz/distortion/hiss sounds, but it sounded like it was coming from the whole range of the 48 inches. I started at the point where I felt it was the most noticable and began to tweek the inner screws ever so gently as you put it :).

I did notice after tweeking a little that the hiss started to go away as I kept tweeking.

End result for now, after tweeking almost all the screws (since the hiss was coming from the full range) the hiss has dramatically dropped, but yet still there if I concentrate for it.

Thanks for all your advice!

-Brent

Return to Carver Speakers