Platinum and Silver model woofers

Carver Speaker Discussions and Questions
RevAmish
Newbie 50+

Re: Platinum and Silver model woofers

Post by RevAmish » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:44 am

There is a link on the dynavox page to a woman named Lolita. I went through her a few months ago without any issues. I don't know what her involvement with dynavox is, weather she works for them or is a distributor. The bill of sale was under another company name. http://www.dynavox.com/dynavox/Carver.htm

Also, if you joined twitter and signed up to follow her tweets you received a further discount on the drivers. I don't know if this is still in effect but worth checking out. I think they were $49 each as compared to the listed $59.

I ordered six to replace the ones in my silvers. It took quite some time for them to break in. I can say that when I first received them they had hardly any bass at all and then after around 24 hours they woke up and continue to get lower each day.
NOW PLAYING: Melos GK-1, Carver 305 monoblocks, FunkFirm Vector TT, Arcam DAC, MacMini w/JRiver, Philips CD-80, Revox B77, River Current AL-VIII speakers, River Current Cables

kwingylee

Post by kwingylee » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:50 pm

RevAmish wrote:There is a link on the dynavox page to a woman named Lolita. I went through her a few months ago without any issues. I don't know what her involvement with dynavox is, weather she works for them or is a distributor. The bill of sale was under another company name. http://www.dynavox.com/dynavox/Carver.htm

Also, if you joined twitter and signed up to follow her tweets you received a further discount on the drivers. I don't know if this is still in effect but worth checking out. I think they were $49 each as compared to the listed $59.

I ordered six to replace the ones in my silvers. It took quite some time for them to break in. I can say that when I first received them they had hardly any bass at all and then after around 24 hours they woke up and continue to get lower each day.
The link works!! Thanks

skip
aka (Sasquach)

Post by skip » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:19 pm

Lolita worked at Dynavox when I ordered mine a few years ago. She must have taken the Carver line and set up her own shop.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:52 am

Orevox is the same company as Dynavox. Lolita has been there forever.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:07 am

F1nut wrote:Orevox is the same company as Dynavox. Lolita has been there forever.
Yep, I got either Ada Linn or Lolita. Same company and same employees.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

1044InProgress
Newbie 50+

Post by 1044InProgress » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 pm

HOLY SMOKES! Awesome find!

Quick question though... What are the differences in the two woofers that Lolita is providing? Should I go with the honey comb or the standard? Advantages to either?

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:35 pm

1044InProgress wrote:HOLY SMOKES! Awesome find!

Quick question though... What are the differences in the two woofers that Lolita is providing? Should I go with the honey comb or the standard? Advantages to either?
It would depend on the speakers you have! Honeycomb are for the Originals only! The Paper cone are for the Silvers and Platinum's. The Advantage to paper cone is its easier to drive over Honeycomb being more efficient and 16 ohm's not sure what ohm's are for the Honeycomb Drivers.
Last edited by Scarabeo on Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

1044InProgress
Newbie 50+

Post by 1044InProgress » Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:42 pm

Scarabeo wrote:
1044InProgress wrote:HOLY SMOKES! Awesome find!

It would depend on the speakers you have! Honeycomb are for the Originals only! The Paper cone are for the Silvers and Platinum's. The Advantage to paper cone is its easier to drive over Honeycomb being more efficient and 16 ohm's.
Oh ok.. Well I have the Platinum's, so it looks like I will be buying the paper cones.

Thanks for the quick info! Just the way I like it.. :lol:

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:40 pm

Oh ok.. Well I have the Platinum's, so it looks like I will be buying the paper cones.
Only one problem, they don't have any.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

1044InProgress
Newbie 50+

Post by 1044InProgress » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:41 pm

F1nut wrote:
Only one problem, they don't have any.
Oh! And that is a problem.. lol

Where can I find them these days? What about just refoaming them?

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:46 pm

Dynavox is the only company that sells them. Perhaps they will get more in. There are no refoam kits available at this time. However, some folks are working on that.

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11167

Make America Great Again

Return to “Carver Speakers”