FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:48 am

audio-x-stream crossover for amazing loudspeakers

<<

BigT

Post Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:14 pm

What is the audio-x-stream crossover? Is it electronic, or a replacement for the existing crossover? Which models is it intended for?

Thanks!
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:03 am

jeckil73,
I posted this elswhere on the forum you may have missed it so here it is again TRY IT YOU MIGHT LIKE IT!!!! BUT DON`T take the ribbons apart!!

DON`T DO ANY OF THIS UNLESS YOU ARE HAVING REAL PROBLEMS WITH YOUR BIBBONS
If you have a buzz in a ribbon the thing to do is look on the back of your ribbon, there are four rows of screws. The two inside screws are machine screws, the two outsisde rows are woodscrews that hold the ribbon to the panal.
Run the speakers and locate where in the lenght of the ribbon the buzz is by putting you ear about a foot away from the ribbon. You will be able to pinpoint exactly where it is. SNUG UP the machine screws A LITTLE BIT at the piont you have found the buzz, then go one set screw up and down from the buzz and snug them up too. DON`T THINK THE TIGHTER THE BETTER you will start popping magnets and that will more than make your ribbon buzz that will make it non-functional.
If that doesn`t work try GENTLY running your hair dryer over the spot BEFORE you take take it apart, this might work for awhile but is not a true fix,but it could last 6 seconds or 6 years.
YOU should not take a ribbon apart unless you KNOW what your doing, you will just be compounding your troubles.
When all else fails call me.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:11 am

Re: Carver electronic crossover

jeckil73 wrote:Hello to everybody
I'm new to this forum my name is Diego and I'm from Italy.
It happens that I have bought a few months ago a clearview crx-1 crossover suitable for use with carver ribbons (bought from a member of this forum, I think toymaker).
Never used it since because the need of buying two different amplifiers to drive one pair of speakers made me change my mind.
Also my ribbons started to buzz and in Italy where I live there is no way to fix them ](*,) and I'm not going to send them to the States to get them rebuilt (with freight and taxes definitely too expensive).

Very sorry to hear about your problems !! Wish you had, had a chance to try it out. It is a great little unit.

Return to Carver Speakers