FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:53 am

Bi-amping amazing loud speakers

<<

GHOST

Post Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:25 pm

Bi-amping amazing loud speakers

Can somebody tell me how to set up for bi amping. I have mkiv platinums and two different type amps. I would like to use one amp for ribbons and one amp for woofers. Wondering if the present crossover can be modified or if I have to start fresh. Performing the fabrication is not a problem for me, but I am not a designer. Using a p.l. 700 and an m1.5t.
GHOST
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:23 am

If you've got Plat Mk IV's then you already have two sets of binding posts per speaker. To Bi-amp run the speaker cables from the amp you want to use for the highs to the top binding posts of each speaker and run the cables from the other amp to the bottom posts. REMOVE the jumpers before doing this.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

GHOST

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 2:37 am

hmm, i do not have double binding posts. actually i have two pair of speakers now. one set has sticker - blk plat iv left/right w/ser#. the other has blk plat mk iv left/right and ser.

i'll call carver support and find out what's up.
GHOST
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:13 am

I have Platinum Mk.IV's and only one set of binding posts as well. Speakers are clearly labeled Plat. Mk.IV.

Ghost, where you located? I'm a couple minutes from Exit 5 on the turnpike.
<<

GHOST

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 11:27 am

south amboy, 129 on the parkway.
GHOST
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:27 pm

Well guys, my Plats have dual binding posts, so I thought the Mark IV's would too. I stand corrected.

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

GHOST

Post Sun Jun 13, 2004 10:54 pm

well F1nut, next time you are inside those beasts please note components and wiring config. i'll call carver tues, my day off, to hear what they have to say.

i spent last night researching crossovers on the web and it can be quite complicated. i'm looking at a respected name electronic x-over that i may get a deal on, but there are so many variations. i guess i'll have to jump in and get wet to learn to swim.
GHOST
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jun 14, 2004 12:47 am

I'll do you one better, PM me your email addy and I'll send you a copy of the schematics.

<<

GHOST

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 11:52 pm

just found this. has crossover diagram. and other interesting stuff

http://www.audiodesignguide.com/mag/
GHOST
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:54 am

Good find, I've added it to my files.

Return to Carver Speakers