FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:38 pm

which amazing platinum edition do i have

<<

i4gotmyid

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:06 am

which amazing platinum edition do i have

My platinums i just got second hand are oak, have the 60 inch ribbon and 4 woofers, but no serial, no other markings. any clues? on the back i have the ability to biwire and two fuses. nothing else other than that? oh and my grills have a carver logo on the bottom corner only.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 1:49 am

Hey ID,

Congrats, you have a pair of Platinum's.

Specs are as follows:

Freq. response 23Hz to 40kHz -3db from reference
Impedance 8 ohms
Sensitivity 89dB
Power Handling 60 wpc to 750wpc
Max. SPL 121dB
Weight 110 lbs. each

What do have for power???
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

i4gotmyid

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:54 am

howdy f1 long time no see/hear
i traded my polks in for the carver amazings and a pair of klipsch rf7s

i dont have power yet, i was looking at the carver 1.0, 1.5, or even a pro model amp. is using a pro model amp better/worse than a hifi amp?

also which version of the platinum do i have? is there a way to tell? i know the first edition used two 30'" ribbions, but what about the 2nd and 3rd and 4th editions?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:02 pm

That's what you have, the Platinum edition. The first ones were the Carver Amazing's, sometimes called the "Original." Then the Platinum's and then the Platinum Mk IV. There was another one called the Silver edition, but it was a smaller version with a 48" ribbon and only 3 woofers.

As for a amp, either home or pro will do, just make sure you get one with as much power, current and damping as possible.

BTW, you can buy a owners/service manual from http://www.vintageaudiomanuals.com

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

i4gotmyid

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 7:57 pm

whats the diff btwn the plats and the plat mk iv?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:04 pm

The Mk IV's have tone/eq controls on the back and therefore a slightly difference crossover.

<<

i4gotmyid

Post Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:15 am

woo hoo

got a sunfire grand cinema amp to power my speakers. i am bi-amping them with the tube sound for the ribbons and the solid state for the woofer.

nice
<<

George

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:19 am

Welcome to The Amazing Club man. Nice amp.

George
<<

TroyD

M-400t CUBE

Post Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:00 pm

Good score on the speakers...

BTW, F1, how is your Amazing rebuild going??

BDT

Return to Carver Speakers