FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:04 am

Can I do this?

<<

an-eagalach

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:38 pm

Can I do this?

I'm reposting this message on the Carver Speaker subforum, after erroneously putting in the Home Audio section:

I have eight woofers from a pair of original Carver Amazings. At this point, I'm looking to piece together my own pair. I can get the speakerless boards on ebay, but before I look for the ribbons or other options, I want to make sure I can get the crossovers. I found a pair of crossovers for sale from a pair of Amazing Silvers -- my question is, can I use those crossovers with what would essentially be the Carver Amazing Loudspeaker?
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:30 pm

-the ALSoriginal woofs are 4ohm ea

-plats+silvers are 16ohm . so i think you waiste a nice x-over, guy
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Duplicate post alert. Already responded / Home Audio Forum

No, the crossover is totally different from the original Amazings. Different load, different crossover design, different frequency output from the speaker components.

I'm not trying to steer you away from your goal, but I do want to inform you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:06 pm

I'll echo my esteemed colleagues, no way Jose.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:26 pm

We seem to have 2 threads on this subject. Can someone merge these or is it just too much trouble?
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

an-eagalach

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:46 am

Having two identical threads is my own dumb fault, as admitted above. I didn't know how to merge or delete to solve the problem though. I posted a "real" response in the Home Audio section so as not to continue two dialogs on this subject.

Return to Carver Speakers