FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:40 am

How many times have you had to repair your speakers?

How many times have you had your ribbon speakers repaired?

Never
47%
At least once
27%
Twice
20%
Three times
7%
Four times
No votes
Five times
No votes

Total votes : 15
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 am

Re: How many times have you had to repair your speakers?

WASSUP FERRARI ?!?!?!

Where you been hideing ??
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

ferrari

TFM-35

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey Buddy, I have no excuses. I have been busy working on oak trim for the insides of my house windows. I make all the pieces myself. I have a great router in addition to the rest of my shop. I hate white painted pine window trim.
Once I get going on a summer project, I get distracted from stuff like the forum easily. Time just flies when I get busy.
thanks for the post James
Ferrariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
keep the faith my friends :)
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:48 pm

I got a few photos you might to check out...
viewtopic.php?f=116&t=11266
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:47 pm

I have been very lucky so far. All I have had to do is replace the fuses when I blow them up. That happend again on Friday. I popped all 4. #-o
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Tom what fuse are you using in what?
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:28 pm

we just pulled the 4 amps out, and swapped them for 7.5 amps... ( not recommended for you guys )

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:47 pm

Eddie wrote:Tom what fuse are you using in what?

There are 2 250v 4a slow blows in each ALIII. One for the woofer and one for the ribbon. I blew all 4 at the same time. I was pushing some power through them.

Got to like Pink Floyd Pulse CD.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

zumbini

Newbie 50+

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:42 pm

I've had my custom deisgned Legacy Audio satellites/sub-woofers for more than 20 years and so far so good. (The only thing I've destroyed are a few eardrums...) I don't baby them either. Each speaker is powered by it's own amp - two M-500's for the satellites and two M-1.5t's for the subs - so I have plenty of power and I'm not afraid to use it. (I used to play in a rock band and I still like to feel the bass thumping on my chest.)

I do check the surrounds from time to time for signs of wear but they still have plenty of "spring" in them. Perhaps the cool and reasonably moist basement environment in the mid-west (and more recently in Virginia) has helped to preserve them. I guess I should also give some credit to Legacy Audio and Bill Dudleston. Thanks Bill. YOU GUYS ROCK!
Carver Gear: BillD-modified C-2 and C-11 (both w/balanced outs), CT-Seven, DTL-50, DTL-200MK2
M-200t, M-500, M-500t (x2), M-1.0t, M-1.5t (x2), MXR-130, PM-1200 (x3), PT2400, SD/A 490t, TX-2, TX-8r, TX-11b
Other: Behringer CX3400/DCX2496/FBQ3102, Furman PS-8R, Teac C-3RX and X-10R, Technics SL1200 and S-D303
Speakers: Design Acoustics DA-30 (2 sets w/extra DA-10s), Klipsch KG2.5, Legacy Super Satellites, Legacy Subs

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:56 pm

Never, not once, notta.

Well, I did have this pair once that James got a hold of......but I decided to upgrade instead. :D
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers