FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:05 am

Amazing crossover question

<<

an-eagalach

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:55 am

Amazing crossover question

I had mentioned in another thread that I'm Frankensteining a pair of Carver Amazings with component parts from different sellers. The guy who is selling me the four 30-inch ribbons has a pair of crossovers from a pair of Platinum Mark IV's. Here is a pic:

I'm going to biamp these, that's a given, but I really don't know what I'm looking at here. I see level controls for bass, mid and treble, but can anybody look at these and tell if biamping on these is an option?

Many thanks!
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:10 am

If they have four binding posts they are. Can`t tell from the pic.
<<

audioassassin77

TFM-45

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:43 pm

are these the ones from Canada that were posted on A-gone?
just wondering.
also. i dont believe the Plats were bi-ampable. PM Maddmaxxx he would know for %100.
cheers!
.....a VULGAR DISPLAY OF POWER.

I am slowly going CRAZY 123456 switch..CRAZY going slowly am I 654321 switch.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:14 pm

The original Plat's came with 2 sets of binding posts, so you can bi-wire or bi-amp with them, The Plat Mk IV came with only one set, so no bi-wiring or bi-amping with those. The ones in the picture are the latter version, no bi-wire or bi-amping.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

maddmaxxx

(Pair of Silver 9t's)

Post Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:22 pm

-sirF1 wrote;The original Plat's came with 2 sets of binding posts, so you can bi-wire or bi-amp with them, The Plat Mk IV came with only one set, so no bi-wiring or bi-amping with those. The ones in the picture are the latter version, no bi-wire or bi-amping.

-perfectly put period !

-those are modded mk4 x-overs pictured..better wire[zipcord], plate looks thicker and less rk handles..middle pot/dial, i've never seen[sqare]

-on stk mk4's, theres a white 22gu wire that must be stepped up

-ya know..i've never seen oak plats[dual prs binding posts] or mk4's in blk, for that matter ???
-* © Küül ®™ /mx...
-Too hip gotta book
-"Don't BAN me Bro!"...el/doro
<<

an-eagalach

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:01 am

I've been e-mailing the seller back and forth a lot, and told him what I want to do with my two amps. He says the crossovers can be adapted. He'll do what he can with them on his end, and then will send them with all the appropriate wiring instructions and other details. Soooooo, I guess I'll give it a shot.

Back to Woodshop 101 for me, I'm going to build the cabinets myself. (Can't find them for sale locally, and too expensive to buy elsewhere and have them shipped.) My wife just bought an oak entertainment center, so it looks like oak Amazings. I prefer cherry or walnut, but she likes the lighter woods. Oh well, peace in the home is paramount.
<<

an-eagalach

Post Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:40 am

[quote="audioassassin77"]are these the ones from Canada that were posted on A-gone?
just wondering.
a/quote]

Yep. The seller is in Montreal. The Audiogon posting was just for the ribbons, but while we were negotiating that, he mentioned that he had the Plat MK IV Xovers.

Return to Carver Speakers