FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:43 pm

need a visual model for CAL's

<<

Rick Price

Post Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:43 am

Re: need a visual model for CAL's

Thanks to all! My panels look fine, it's just the cups that have disintegrated.
The connections are all solid, it just looks kind of bad.....

It's the sort of thing that would make a fire inspector (blowing smoke, as I sometimes suspect that they do....) squeal "Fire Hazard"! It's not. (I'm positive of that.) But it gets exactly zero points for style.....

If anybody knows of a near exact (size) replacement from that PE list, let me know. Several look really close.

I'll be able to resume soldering PT for my rotator cuff in another month or so!

Re: CARVERFEST. You have NO IDEA how much I'd like to attend, but I believe we're on opposite coasts and I don't think I can swing it this year. Maybe in the future!

During the meantime, I'll have to live vicariously through the relayed exploits the "Big Dogs" that reside here!

Post often and give my sincere regards to Mr. Carver.

(While I'm thinking about it, see if you can engage him on PL's relationship with Pioneer in the late '70's. I hear recurring stories about how there "might" be some PL/BC DNA in those late '70's SPEC series amps and preamps, a la Bart Locanthi and the Pioneer HPM/JBL L Series speakers from the same "Golden Age"!

Best,

Rick Price
<<

Rick Price

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:04 pm

Re: need a visual model for CAL's

I just popped back in to say thanks again to everyone who helped me when I rewoofered my CAL's. I know it's been a while...

The CAL Plat III's are sounding great.

The rotator cuff surgery turned out to have a loooonnnnnng recovery time. The surgeon got in and found a whole lot more wrong than the pics showed.

(Doing better now!)

I just picked up a Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature. I might be offering up my 753x in the not terrifically distant future.

Best Regards,

Rick
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers