FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 am

Original Carver Woofers

<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:53 pm

Original Carver Woofers

Need a little help here.I ordered a woofer of ebay. Looked excellent and almost new. Was supposed to have come from a Carver Speaker. I checked the number on the back of the speaker. First off it was not marked Carver as all of the woofers on my speakers are.Secondly the number was SW1220FL rating 100W@4ohms. All the woofers in my speakers are rated 150W@3.5ohms and are stamped with the part number 618-00001-01. This number corresponds with the part number in my Carver service manual.Checking an old email I received back in May where I had inquired about replacement woofers(on this forum)I was told that Dynavox had a similar speaker with the model SW1220FL stamped on it . I then went to that site last night and found that speaker. I emailed the seller and he still claims it's an original carver part. So could he be right or is this guy just buying these from Dynavox and selling them as originals Art
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:58 am

Mine are stamped 618-00003-03, no Carver name nor watt/ohm rating. Having said that, I too would have to wonder about the replacement you received. That person selling those has had questionable business dealings before.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:19 pm

Carver Loudspeaker Control System

Hate calling you F1nut however according my service manual the number 618-00003-00 is correct. You have the platinum speaker mine are originals. The guy has written me back two emails assuring me that these came from Carver Speakers. Would you let me know who you believe this guy is. I hate to put this guys name out there if he us not the one you think he is. If I had your email address I would forward you his last reply and you could see what you think. I would also include the name of the seller. Maybe this guy is telling the truth. Who Knows???But the numbers from those speakers match the ones in the Dynavox lineup. If you go on their website you can judge for yourself. I would assume if Carver had a company produce the speakers they would stamp them with their own product number. Art
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:44 pm

F1 or Jesse is fine. I know the manual lists them as 618-00003-00, but my woofers say 618-00003-03. Who knows what Carver and/or their suppliers were doing.

Did your new woofer come in a Carver box?

PM sent.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

brentslone

Post Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:31 am

I spoke with Dynavox last year about pricing on those woofers. For qty 8, I belive the price was around $30 each. The specs look just like the original woofers, which were made by Tonegen that was later bought by Foster Electronics, another Japanese company.

I could not find out where these drivers are actually being manufactured. My woofers aren't dead yet but I'm thinking of buying a set just in case these disappear.

Brent

Return to Carver Speakers