FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:38 pm

Electrical Problem with ALS- Silver Mark IV

<<

division

Newbie 50+

Post Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:00 pm

Electrical Problem with ALS- Silver Mark IV

I'm looking at a pair of AL- Silver Mark IVs that used to operate normally for about 3 years, and were put in storage for 7 years. Once, brought out again a few years ago, the bass section in one speaker simply did not work, while the ribbon driver was fine. What could cause such a problem? A Bad Fuse? Underpowering? Bad wiring? Blown crossover? What's the most this repair can set me back? Does anybody know any good carver ALS techs in Southern California?

Thanks.
Shawn
<<

division

Newbie 50+

Post Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:31 am

Repair Tech Needed in Socal...

Well, I went ahead and picked up these speakers in the end. I got them for cheap, and I'm hoping I can refurbish this set. It ended up being that one speaker was completely dead. The other worked but once we turned it up a bit, we heard a bit of a pop, and the ribbon section went dead, while the rest continued to operate.

I tried new fuses on both speakers to no avail. I'm hoping that both these speakers have well functioning ribbons and are suffering from some kind of wiring, or crossover problem. Can anybody recommend a shop to do repairs on these babies in the Southern California Area? Thanks.

Return to Carver Speakers